Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Thought of a new game today..

Pick a scar you have and tell us how you got it. I have one in the corner of my left hand. I was running in a ditch when I was 3 and my sister slipped and pushed me down. In the ditch was a bunch of beer bottles we didn't know about that we're broken. My left hand hit the ground and skidded across the glass. It cut the length of my hand and I had to go for immediate surgery to have all the muscles put back in and sewn together. The doctor who did the surgery was a plastic surgeon and he set me up with another surgery free of charge because I was so young and it would have scarred my entire hand. Now it's your turn!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Thought of a new game today..

• Options

I have 2 on my chin. Both from when I was around 4.

One of them was because I was swinging in between two chairs( the backs were facing each other) in my Grandma's kitchen. They told me not to, but I loved it. Of course they told me not to for good reasons, I swung my feet too far back and fell and had to get butterfly stitches on my chin.

The other time I was in the tub and my mom had drained all the water and went to grab a towel from the cabinet in the hall right outside the bathroom door. I was counting, but rocking back and forth as I counted and slipped from the momentum and hit my chin again. More butterfly stitches for my little chin.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Aside from my csection scar, the only other one is from when I was in 3rd grade.  I was running across our deck, tripped on the hose, and went sliding across on my belly.  Turned out I had a slice of deck in my belly that was about 2 inches long!  After trying lots of things to get it out (my mom was an ER nurse), she took me to the hospital where they got it out and gave me 1 stitch.  I have a division sign on my tummy!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a small scar next to each of my ears. A couple of years ago I was head butted in the face while restraining one of my extremely violent students. He dislocated both of the disks in my jaw and I needed surgery (and lots of PT and Chiro work) to fix it. 
  • Options
    I have a scar on my elbow. When I was little, I think 8, I was running after the ice cream truck and slipped and fell on the asphalt. I wanted to cry, but I pulled it together, bought my ice cream..... I think it was a big stick and then cried on the walk back to.my house.
  • Options

imageGreenNGold:
    I have a small scar next to each of my ears. A couple of years ago I was head butted in the face while restraining one of my extremely violent students. He dislocated both of the disks in my jaw and I needed surgery (and lots of PT and Chiro work) to fix it. 

um yikes!

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options

Childhood: when I was 4 my mother told us to wash up for dinner and its a race to get to the bathroom, being the youngest my two older sisters bumped and pushed me and I lost my balance going down the stairs and I fell straight into the rocking chair. caught just outside my left eye and had to get 4 stitches put in. The scar is about the length of an eyelash.

Adult life: one drunken night I was talking while holding a bottle of vodka, I slipped and fell and stupidly didn't let go of the bottle and ended up crashing down on the bottle side sliceing open my right hand. Everyone was drunk so nobody was sober enough to take me to the hospital, I cleaned it up the best I could and banadaged it up and used pressure to help clot the bleeding. In the morning it had stopped bleeding so I went to show my mother and she made me go to the hospital, they couldn't stitch it b/c it had been too long, they gave me one stitch to hold it down and I then gave me a shot of something in the fu*king cut OMFG that stung like a mother you know what! I now can not flex my thumb on my right hand as far as my left and the scar is NASTY looks like a half penny shape and size right at the base of my thumb. (stupid stupid stupid)

ETA: b/c I kept spelling scare instead of scar! lol

• Options
    imageGreenNGold:
    You win!
  • Options

Mine is funny.

I have a burn scar on my stomach.  When I was 38 weeks pregnant I decided to cook scrambled eggs while just wearing a sports bra and pajama pants.  When I picked up the pan I bumped my stomach with it and burned the heck out of myself (I'm convinced that I felt Liam jump!). 

5 days later my water broke and Liam was on his way! In the hospital, every time a new nurse came in to adjust my external monitor they asked me "What is that?" and I had to explain the whole story over and over again.  They all commented about how the burn was in "just the place I want to put the monitor!" haha.  It was a tad embarrassing but considering I was about to give birth I didn't care too much. 

image image
  • Options
    I have a couple scars on my legs from playing ice hockey and a tiny scar on my back from having a mole removed.  Yeah, I got nothing exciting.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"