D.C. Area Babies

PLEASE be my friend!! (desperate plea)

at the risk of sounding completely boring and devoid of any social life... I am looking for hip mommas in the dc area to befriend.

i think am going through this weird life crisis? or maybe my marriage sucks? or maybe i'm conflicted between not working and becoming an obnoxious housewife? or i could just be burnt out?

either way... it'd be GREAT to meet another smart (but not an "intellectual"), 25-35 year old, married, top income bracket, mom in the city who doesn't work very often and controls her own schedule.

Also, the ideal candidate is someone who still needs to lose 30+ lbs of pregnancy weight. If you're one of those people who bounced right back within weeks... i dont want to meet you (no offense).

if you're out there... please message me! or text... 646-469-8218.

I promise... i have the potential to be fun and less wacko than this post makes me sound.

Re: PLEASE be my friend!! (desperate plea)

• If this is real, you probably shouldn't put your phone number out on the Internet. Good luck finding mom friends who meet all your requirements!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think I make enough money to be friends with you. Also, can you please help me distinguish between "smart" and "intellectual"?

Indifferent 

...things I never thought I'd type on here.

• Loading the player...
  • I read the post outloud to DH and he was like "thats not how you guys act on the nest is it?"

I don't meet all of your requirements...sorry!! 

• smart= common sense, coherent, sensible, educated.

intellectual= all of the above but has to constantly flaunt it.

the only reason i designate income bracket is because the few friends I do have are my employees (so obviously, make way less)... so it's awkward when we hang out. the topics of conversation don't really blend. (and no.. paying them more is not an option)

I would say if you make enough to not stress about the occasional splurge, that's good enough. lets hang out!

• 1.  You're not that smart if you're posting your phone number.

2.  What does income bracket have to do with anything?  You can't have poor friends?

3.  I have 20 lbs left to lose.  Does that mean I'm out of the running?  Crying

4.  Please define "intellectual".  I enjoy learning new things and tend to delight in them and tell others when I think they might also be interested.  Does this make me an intellectual?

• so you don't like people flaunting their smartness but you are flaunting your income bracket....you sound like a real winner to me!!

once again...good luck!!!! 

• i did think about that... but since i screen all calls i figured it be ok.

honestly, i think i will have to post to asmallworld or hire a headhunter because this bump post is not delivering :-(

• imagedianadoyle88:

i did think about that... but since i screen all calls i figured it be ok.

honestly, i think i will have to post to asmallworld or hire a headhunter because this bump post is not delivering :-(

Ok, seriously?  

The problem is your tone.  Your post essentially lists requirements in such a way that you put down entire groups of people.  There was a better way to write it without insulting many people in the process.  Perhaps this is the reason you're having difficulties finding friends.

• actually... i think you and I would be ok friends...

i like a little push back. :-)

1) i screen calls and this is a skype number so no harm there... 

2) income bracket is very important. it's hard to hang out with someone who is constantly stressed about paying mortgage/saving for retirement, etc. when i am stressed about deciding between a range rover or an x6. That would make me feel like a total a**hole.

3) 20lbs is fine! we should be gym buddies!

4) when i said intellectual, i mean someone who flaunts degrees. you sound totally cool to me. 

• lol...if you need to hire a headhunter to find friends, ...well, honestly, I'm not sure what to tell you.

IF you're for real (which I really find hard to believe), I feel bad that you are feeling so desperately alone. But honestly, with those kinds of "requirements" for your friends, I'm not terribly surprised.

FYI-just about everyone on the board can relate to your first 2 paragraphs. However, your next two paragraphs make you sound like an azzhat. I would never be friends with someone who decided to befriend me based on my income level. It's ridiculous that I'm even explaining this to you.

If this is not real and you're a troll--it's good comedy. Keep in coming!

• imageAgrippaRidesAgain:
    imagedianadoyle88:

i did think about that... but since i screen all calls i figured it be ok.

Ok, seriously?  

The problem is your tone.  Your post essentially lists requirements in such a way that you put down entire groups of people.  There was a better way to write it without insulting many people in the process.  Perhaps this is the reason you're having difficulties finding friends.

actually, the reason is that am at the office 16 hours a day (like right now...). I am straight forward, that's all. dont like to waste time. 

• Here is something that would have gone over much better:

"Hi!  I'm DianaDoyle88 (please tell me your SN isn't your real name.  Seriously, Internet safety 101).    I am looking for hip mommas in the DC area to befriend.  

Then tell us something about yourself without also insulting people.

I'd love to meet like-minded moms in city that have flexible schedules!  Send me a message if you're interested."

• You should hire a headhunter, because you have so much money, along with your cleaning nanny and housekeeper that you have....

I agree bh, this is what i needed tonight:-) 

• imagebh2720:

FYI-just about everyone on the board can relate to your first 2 paragraphs. However, your next two paragraphs make you sound like an azzhat. I would never be friends with someone who decided to befriend me based on my income level. It's ridiculous that I'm even explaining this to you.

I am now realizing that income level was not the correct term... i should have said discretionary income. sorry about that. 

so for example, if you make $50k, but only have $15K in expenses each year, we can totally be friends. :-) hope this helps. certainly don't mean to offend

• imagedianadoyle88:
    imagebh2720:

I am now realizing that income level was not the correct term... i should have said discretionary income. sorry about that. 

so for example, if you make $50k, but only have $15K in expenses each year, we can totally be friends. :-) hope this helps. certainly don't mean to offend

oooooooh, okay!! thanks so much for the clarification. Here is my number give me a call so we can hang out: 202-GET-A-CLUE.

• imageAgrippaRidesAgain:

Here is something that would have gone over much better:

"Hi!  I'm DianaDoyle88 (please tell me your SN isn't your real name.  Seriously, Internet safety 101).    I am looking for hip mommas in the DC area to befriend.  

Then tell us something about yourself without also insulting people.

I'd love to meet like-minded moms in city that have flexible schedules!  Send me a message if you're interested."

Hi, i'm DianaDoyle88.

i am an absolute workaholic, but i realize it and would like to change. I used to love exercising... until spandex stopped looking good on me. lol. i love doing the standard "girly" things like mani/pedis, happy hours etc. I would love an excuse to dress up and go out every once in a while. I also have to make these treacherous Costco trips every other weekend, so if anyone wants to Costco with me.... let me know!

I'm extremely blunt, so tough shells are a must

I'd love to meet like-minded moms in city that have flexible schedules!  Send me a message if you're interested.

• imagedoggylovr:

You should hire a headhunter, because you have so much money, along with your cleaning nanny and housekeeper that you have....

I agree bh, this is what i needed tonight:-) 

funny you say that... i actually have to take my nanny shopping every weekend when the housekeepers come because she gets upset that i don't think her cleaning is good enough. lol

• Is this for real????  I'm hoping this is MUD.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • At 36, I'm too old to be your friend so I won't go into whether I fit the other criteria, but I do find this post fascinating.

• imagecmh06:
    Is this for real????  I'm hoping this is MUD.

ugh... i wish. but totally true :-(

intermission... have to run to bank (ironic, since most of the responses have been related to the "discretionary income requirement"

• This is so . . . bizarre. Several mentions about money and yet not a word about your kid. And you work 16 hours a day but want someone with a flexible schedule? I honestly think someone is trying to rile people up against the real Diana Doyle.

If you're genuinely interested in making friends - stick around and post. But do us all a favor and tone down the talk of discretionary income, luxury cars and how you dislike intellectuals. If you scroll down, I'm pretty sure you won't see a single post related to any of that.

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • uggg... Go to DCUM - you will fit in there.  Leave this peaceful, supportive and informational board alone.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MUD MUD MUD

but let's pretend it's not

I'm too old, too poor, too thin, and too out in the suburbs to be your friend; but it doesn't matter b/c even if I called you wouldn't know it's me and would not pick up Crying

you were born in '88?? wow you must be the most successful 22-23 y.o. in DC!

you work 16 hour days, get mani/pedis, go to happy hours and shop for luxury cars - do you spend any time w/ your baby? if there even is a baby

• imagedianadoyle88:

either way... it'd be GREAT to meet another smart (but not an "intellectual"), 25-35 year old, married, top income bracket, mom in the city who doesn't work very often and controls her own schedule.

Also, the ideal candidate is someone who still needs to lose 30+ lbs of pregnancy weight. If you're one of those people who bounced right back within weeks... i dont want to meet you (no offense).

Oh wow that is a lot of requirements - also what the heck does that mean?

• Wow, take a look at this person's posts on other boards.  I find it extremely far fetched that this person is completely "real" but I do believe that some of what she says is probably true - she's certainly desperate
  • imagedianadoyle88:

actually... i think you and I would be ok friends...

i like a little push back. :-)

1) i screen calls and this is a skype number so no harm there... 

2) income bracket is very important. it's hard to hang out with someone who is constantly stressed about paying mortgage/saving for retirement, etc. when i am stressed about deciding between a range rover or an x6. That would make me feel like a total a**hole.

3) 20lbs is fine! we should be gym buddies!

4) when i said intellectual, i mean someone who flaunts degrees. you sound totally cool to me. 

I'm pretty sure I'm probably not in your target demo either since I drive a Hyundai Elantra. Confused

ETA: I lost all my pregnancy weight in a week, strike two. Darn.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageSofka:

wow you must be the most successful 22-23 y.o. in DC!

you work 16 hour days, get mani/pedis, go to happy hours and shop for luxury cars - do you spend any time w/ your baby? if there even is a baby

aww, thanks... but there are certainly many more. i hang out with the little man  every single  night
  • I don't think this is the best way to make friends. Have you tried meetup.com?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagedianadoyle88:

imageSofka:

wow you must be the most successful 22-23 y.o. in DC!

aww, thanks... but there are certainly many more. i hang out with the little man  every single  night

really? every single night? wow, you deserve a Mom of the year award

• This post is hilarious. Crying
  • Oh and we couldn't be friends, those extra 30 pounds you are carrying won't fit on my private jet. Wink
  • image****AWS****:
    Oh and we couldn't be friends, those extra 30 pounds you are carrying won't fit on my private jet. Wink

:snort:

Big Smile 

• I will sat I never thought I could be too thin to be someone's friend, especially three weeks post-partum (back down to pre-Clomid weight today!).And OP, I have made some great friends from the knot/nest/bump but it happened organically and over time. And you need to be open-minded--you never know, you might find a 36 year old who you really like.
  • I don't think I want to be friends with anyone who regards John Stossel as a hero. (source: google)

• imagezerf77:
    imagedianadoyle88:

ETA: I lost all my pregnancy weight in a week, strike two. Darn.

man, i'm so jealous! congrats :-)

• imagech ch ch chia:

I don't think I want to be friends with anyone who regards John Stossel as a hero. (source: google)

people don't give him enough credit! 

• This post is hysterical! I am late, as always, but I actually understand the "smart but not intellectual" thing. I don't think I can explain it, but I have acquaintances who are like that, it just gets tiresome to be around them with all the crap they say, the way they seem to flaunt their schooling, the obscure movies they watch, the books they've read, etc, etc sometimes you just want to say, "shut up, I went to college too, I read,you aren't the only person with a brain." But the rest of it I can't relate to, too poor, too fat, I guess my age is ok but I do live in the suburbs...
  • This has to be the funniest post I have ever read on Bump! Very DCUMish?Sadly, I think it?s real since people this ostentatious really do exist in this area.

• have you thought about placing an ad on cl? you'll SURELY find friends there.

• I'm very sorry to post here when i obviously don't belong to this board but i couldn't resist

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/42327656.aspx

You are an awful excuse for a human being. you don't have friends because you are a heartless biitch. Go see a psychiatrist ASAP.

I meet your "friend requirements" and I wouldn't associate with a psychotic sociopath like you if my life depended on it.

I know plently of people who would give your sweet baby boy a wonderful and loving home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"