March 2011 Moms
Options

Question that bothers me the most...

I know people are just being sweet, but I really hate it when people ask how the baby is doing... um.  She's fine.  She's cozy and warm, eats (well, you know what I mean) and sleeps when she wants to, gets carried everywhere and is probably enjoying herself.

Her mother, on the other hand... why doesn't anyone ask how I'm doing?  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicInternational Nestie!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question that bothers me the most...

• Options

Ha! I totally agree!

If the baby weren't fine, I wouldn't be standing here talking to you right now - I'd probably be in the hospital on a monitor of some sort. 

People are funny like that. 

• Options
    I always want to answer that question with a "how the hell should I know!?". I mean, we totally have a psychic connection and we communicate, she tells me when she's happy and whatnot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemrsbmw09:
    I always want to answer that question with a "how the hell should I know!?". I mean, we totally have a psychic connection and we communicate, she tells me when she's happy and whatnot.

HAHA!  This is totally me!  The first person that asked me that, I gave them the strangest look and was like, "Um, good I guess."  And all I was thinking was, "I have no idea.  She's wiggling.  That's about all I've got for you!" 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicInternational Nestie!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't like either question. 

The how is baby question makes me nervous.  I haven't had an ultrasound since like 22 weeks and though my doctor said any problems that would have occured that could be seen on an ultrasound would have been present at the time, I still worry.

The how am I doing question really urks me.  I don't know how to answer that question.  No one wants the honest answer.  I'm in my third trimester, morning sickness is back, I have killer heartburn, I waddle, cramp daily, etc.  People want to hear that you're doing great and while I'm not horrid, great isn't a word that comes to mind lol

image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagekellibelli04:

imagemrsbmw09:

HAHA!  This is totally me!  The first person that asked me that, I gave them the strangest look and was like, "Um, good I guess."  And all I was thinking was, "I have no idea.  She's wiggling.  That's about all I've got for you!" 

I actually said something simliar to this to someone.  They asked me how the baby was while molesting my stomach at church.  I looked at them straight faced and said - "Well, she's currently punching me in the kidney and kicking my ribs at the same time.  I assume she's happy and entertained." 

LIke I can see in my utereous and tell you.   *sigh*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

imagemrsbmw09:

Uhhh I totally want to say that to people - usually I just say "Good I guess.."

My DOCTOR, of all people, asked me this the other day - my response "You tell me." Indifferent

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Me too! I never know how to answer it. The same person that always asks me that recently asked me how the baby's sleeping.  I was like huh?  I think she sleeps pretty good...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I also hate it when people ask, "How much weight have you gained?"

HELLO?!?!!! None of your business... Although, I don't mind sharing with you all on here.

• Options
    imagemrsbmw09:
    Exactly! I always ask if I can borrow their phone so I can call her and see how she is doing in there.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options

These are hilarious!

I HATE this question because I get it 50 million times a day from all my students and all their parents! You never talk to me normally, why would I tell you if something was wrong?

I think I will say my LO is planning out his trip to Europe... 

• Options
    imageTwinkz:

I don't like either question. 

The how is baby question makes me nervous.  I haven't had an ultrasound since like 22 weeks and though my doctor said any problems that would have occured that could be seen on an ultrasound would have been present at the time, I still worry.

The how am I doing question really urks me.  I don't know how to answer that question.  No one wants the honest answer.  I'm in my third trimester, morning sickness is back, I have killer heartburn, I waddle, cramp daily, etc.  People want to hear that you're doing great and while I'm not horrid, great isn't a word that comes to mind lol

Absolutely!  I don't get "how's the baby?"  I get "how are you doing" and not just the regular howya doin.. more like they are asking for an in-depth response.  Let's face it, no one wants to know!  I just reply "good, how are you doing?" as if it were any regular non-prego day!  Unless it's a close friend or fam that actually cares..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"