Baby Names

Beautiful, or Attractive surnames.

Which surnames have you encountered that you found to be attractive or "perfect"?

Re: Beautiful, or Attractive surnames.

• i love the name brennan.

• I'm not a fan of just choosing a random surname for the fun of it.  I think my son's name (which is a surname, Anderson) is perfect for him, but that's partly because of the sentimental meaning to our entire family.

Other surnamed children/babies-to-be whose names I like (all of which have meaning to the parents): Campbell, Collins, Miller, Frasier

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • LOVE Jackson!
    First came love, then came marriage - Oct 31, 09
    Then came a miscarriage March '11
    Then came a baby in the baby carriage May 16, 12

Waiting on our second little peanut!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • imagemlf625:

I'm not a fan of just choosing a random surname for the fun of it.  I think my son's name (which is a surname, Anderson) is perfect for him, but that's partly because of the sentimental meaning to our entire family.

Other surnamed children/babies-to-be whose names I like (all of which have meaning to the parents): Campbell, Collins, Miller, Frasier

This. I think surnames-as-a-first-name should have some kind of meaning to the family.

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• imagemlf625:

I'm not a fan of just choosing a random surname for the fun of it.  I think my son's name (which is a surname, Anderson) is perfect for him, but that's partly because of the sentimental meaning to our entire family.

I had no intentions of naming a child a surname, I was just curious as to which surnames people found to be attractive. 

• Carter :)
    image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • My maiden name is Ren?, I think it made a great mn for DD.
    M/C 04-1999 Missed M/C 04-20-2005 M/C 11-09-2006 DD - Sable Ren
  • My daughter's middle name is Collett. It is my mother's maiden name and I think it is lovely.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm a big fan of Shepard. See siggy for proof.
  • imageMalibuxo:
    Which surnames have you encountered that you found to be attractive or "perfect"?

Do you mean perfect for a surname? Or perfect to use as a first name? 

imageimage
  • I LOVE the name Kennedy, Taylor for a girl

Kingston or Maxwell or Maxfield for a boy

• Dillon, obviously. Also, my mothers maiden name was Cooper, I would have used that if my last name didn't end in er (I didn't want his name to sound all super duper)
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • My maiden name was Moore and I've always liked it. I'd like to use it for a mn for a future LO.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Rey was my Grandmother's Maiden name, my mom's middle name and my sister's first name (only spelled Rae).
  • Add me to the camp that dislikes random surnames as first names, but some that I love within our own family include Everett, Winslow, Eason, Clark, and Ellis.  All of these have been used as first or middle names by members of our family, and all have been or will be considered for use by DH and I. 

As for surnames that I've heard in other families and liked but would never use for myself . . . hmm.  Some that come to mind include Brooks, Poston, Corbett, Nash, Proctor, Fenn, Steadman, and Hayes among others. 

• Cole is a surname, even though now I feel it's seen more as a first name.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I like Ashton
  • Surnames in our family that I like:

Morris

Taylor

Connor

Hadley

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Barrett (my mother's maiden name that we used as a mn for our son).

I would never use a random surname as a name for my child, but I do like Calder, Cohen, Crosby, Campbell.  Um, apparently I like the C names.

imageimageimage
  • ds's name is traditionally a surname (duncan).  i originally wanted to use a family surname as his name, but then couldn't decide between all of them!  in my family, we have the surnames davis, reed, mason, & isaac.  i LOVE surnames as first names. i've been told on several occasions that duncan's name sounds "distinguished."  i love that compliment :)  these names bring to mind doctors, lawyers...even presidents! 
  • DS is Reed which was my grandmother's maiden name.  I have a niece named Teagan (family surname is Teague). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"