February 2011 Moms

Contractions felt in thighs? anyone

I am getting random shooting, piercing, stop moving pain down the upper inner thigh area.   I don't feel pain anywhere else at the same time- so it isn't like lightening vag.  It is both sides at once so I don't think it is a pinched nerve.

it is bizarre

EDD with #4  01-20-14
Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

Re: Contractions felt in thighs? anyone

• I had that for the first time yesterday.  I have read about it on here before, but never experienced it in either pregnancy until yesterday.  And it has only happened once or twice since.  No idea what it was...but I was having a contraction while walking down the steps, but the only place the contraction hurt was in my upper thighs/groin.  Weird!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes!  I have been getting this for a couple of weeks now on and off.  It almost feels like a muscle spasm or charlie horse.  I haven't asked my doc, but I Googled it and it said something about being due to your hips spreading in preparation for labor?  Either way, it seems to be one of the normal aches and pains of pregnancy...
  • Loading the player...
  • Those drove me nuts when I was in labor!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've got it too.  I wouldn't describe it as contractions.....I feel more like I've just ridden a horse.  SORE.
  • may or may not be related but just an fyi:

I had really bad cramps in my legs, both thighs and calves, a couple of weeks ago.  Everyone kept telling me to eat bananas (potassium) or take Caltrate.  Found out after a trip to the hospital that I was severely dehydrated and that was causing them.  So you might want to try drinking more water!

• I had these on and off while pregnant with DD#1.  I did not realize what was going on until I was in full blown labor with her.  Such a strange feeling....

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I get pretty bad cramps in my thighs when I have contractions.  It just feels achy and crampy on the inside and outside of my upper thighs.  It hurts even between cause they get sore from the muscles tightening.
  • With my second baby the I had really bad cramps in my thighs and come to find out I was in labor, the pain I had in my legs was absolutely horrible.
  • I just asked my doc at my appointment today. It's sharp, shooting pain in my groin. He said it's called pubic symphysis dysfunction.

https://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/pregnancy/pregnancyproblems/pregprobs_pelvicjointpain.asp

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"