Eco-Friendly Family

Raise your hand if you're snowed in

*raises hand*

They're saying anywhere from 7-16 inches depending on who you listen to here in Kansas City.

My ILs are in central IL and they're expecting around 20 inches. 

Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
hide
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Raise your hand if you're snowed in

• WE're in upstate NY and so far, not much. Maybe 2" today. We're supposed to get what you have tonight -- we'll see.
  • We live in upper MN, and nothing here today!  My parents are down near Chicago and they're supposedly in for about 18 inches by them.  Hopefully my mom isn't snowed in when this LO arrives - she was going to come up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We're in NY, about 80 miles north of Manhattan, and we are in the middle of a big storm.   DH actually turned around on his way to work this morning and came home.  Something that he NEVER does.  We're not expecting as much snow as you, but we are supposed to get ice on top of the snow that has been coming down most of the day.
  • I guess we dodged this one.  We got 5-6 inches over the last 2 days but that's not much round these here parts.  Stick out tongue
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I don't know what I'd do if I lived in weather like that.  It's in the high 60's and a beautiful sunny day here.  ::ducks and runs out of thread::
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It was 60 degrees on Sunday and now there is about 1 1/2" on the ground in Albuquerque (I live in the North Valley, not even the Sandia foothills where some accumulation is normal!)!  It doesn't really snow in city, so most everything is closed already.  We are expected to get up to 6" through 11am tomorrow.  It is also supposed to be 2 degrees tonight with a high of 16 tomorrow!  I am guessing we will not be leaving the house, ice is inevitable with the temperatures.  I grew up in New England and feel like this is nothing, but you forget how much work gets done by plowman, sanders, and salters when you live in an area that maybe has 4 trucks for a city of 500,000!
  • I think by the end of tomorrow I will be!
  • We got the lamest amount of snow, maybe 2-4", but schools are closed today and tomorrow because of the cold.  It hasn't been above 0 all day, the wind chill was -30 to -40 this morning and the actual low is supposed to be -20 tomorrow morning.  LAME.  I'm annoyed by this.  I'd like at least some snow to cancel all of our plans this week. 
    Our Little Fur Family
    My Three Sons
    #1: 2.06 #2: 1.08 #3: 9.10

DS #3 diagnosed at birth with panhypopituitarism - lack of pituitary function. He is treated with thyroxine, hydrocortisone, growth hormone and testosterone.

• Also in KC so obviously snowed in here.
  • I'm jealous of all y'all's snow.  That is all.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • no clue how much we have so far but I-44 is closed between here and OK
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageemolee84:
    no clue how much we have so far but I-44 is closed between here and OK

I70 is closed from KC to StL 

Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    hide
  • not exactly snowed in here in northeast pa but we did get a few inches this am/afternoon and are expecting to get some freezing rain over night.  i'm loving it because i'm getting some craft projects completed.
    TTC #2 Since October 2012
    BFP 11.1.12/EDD 7.7.13 MMC 12.4.12 D&E 12.10.12
    BFP 3.25.13/EDD 11.29.13 MC 4.6.13
    BFP 8.20.13 early MC 8.24.13
    BFP 9.20.13/EDD 6.5.14 Hoping & Praying this is our Rainbow Baby

• ME!

We're in Nebraska and the snow isn't so bad, but we had freezing drizzle on Monday that made the roads absolutely horrid. I felt like poo so I stayed home and only got out to go to the doctor and that was NOT a fun trip. Luckily my son decided to sleep in the car so I didn't have him distracting me asking me for this or that. We didn't even think about getting out today and they already called school for tomorrow so we won't be out tomorrow either. 

I also had a bunch of contractions and thought I was in labor last night. That was kind of interesting thinking about how the heck we were going to make the (typically) 5 minute drive to the hospital in the ice. But - she was just joking and we're still here, pregnant. :-)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMagieG:
    Also in KC so obviously snowed in here.

Yay! Another KC EFFer!!! Now there are ... three of us? What area are you in? I'm in JoCo. 

Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    hide
  • I'm jealous of the snow, not so much the cold though... High of 81* here...with a chance of showers...::runs and ducks out of thread as well::

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Us...I am pretty over snow days but am loving the extra time with DS.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"