1st Trimester

brown discharge?!

This morning at school, i went pee, and when i wiped there was like some brown discharge on the toilet paper. Nothing has come out in my underwear, only on the tissue. Has anyone else experienced this? im really worried!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP#1 1/26/11 Missed m/c 3/4/2011 at 8 wks 6 days
BFP#5 9/23/2013 EDD 6/5/2014...stick baby stick!!!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: brown discharge?!

• Yes, and it's totally normal. Of course, call your doc if you're concerned, but spotting throughout pregnancy is extremely common and harmless.

It's the bright red spotting or bleeding that's more of a concern.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had just a smidge yesterday. I have learned that it isn't anything to be overly concerned about. I have had bleeding with both pregnancies. If it is red and you are cramping, that is when you should worry. It is probably still implantation bleeding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • ok that makes me feel a little better...still worried of course, but im  glad others have experienced this!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • It isn't normal. I get so irritated when people say this. However, it is common. Those are two different things. When it happened to me I miscarried so everyone's experiences are different. It was brown only when I wiped. If you are concerned go to the doctor. FYI - the doctor will also say it isn't a big deal if it is brown, but in my case it was and it was my body starting to let go. 
  • I had this when I was supposed to get my period, but my doctor said it was probably still some implantation bleeding.  Then I had some at 6 weeks, after my exam with my doctor, which he said is normal.  I was told if it is red blood, like your period and there is cramping, that is not normal and you should call your doctor.  But in any case that you don't feel comfortable call them, that is what they are there for.
    Jenni(30) + Adam(32)= Livia Brynn(9/1/11)
  • imagequezzo:
    It isn't normal. I get so irritated when people say this. However, it is common. Those are two different things. When it happened to me I miscarried so everyone's experiences are different. It was brown only when I wiped. If you are concerned go to the doctor. FYI - the doctor will also say it isn't a big deal if it is brown, but in my case it was and it was my body starting to let go. 

When I said normal, I meant that it happens to many women. I guess I was using the word "normal" like you're using "common". Normal doesn't necessarily mean "good".

It's normal for inner city youth to drop out of school, but that doesn't mean it's good.

Sorry if I offended you. 

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagequezzo:
    It isn't normal. I get so irritated when people say this. However, it is common. Those are two different things. When it happened to me I miscarried so everyone's experiences are different. It was brown only when I wiped. If you are concerned go to the doctor. FYI - the doctor will also say it isn't a big deal if it is brown, but in my case it was and it was my body starting to let go. 

This.  This.  All of this.

I had brown discharge and for me it was the start of a miscarriage.  For other ladies on these boards they can have spotting off and on the entire time and be totally fine.  That was not the case for me.  I'd definitely put a call into your doc.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • I had pink and brown spotting all through the first trimester of my first pregnancy and it wasn't a problem for me.  But it was very disconcerting. 

I've had some spotting in this pregnancy so far too.  If you're worried, call your OB or midwife.

• Completely normal! I had the same thing last week and freaked out and called my doctor. She called me in for a sonogram but I'm pretty sure it was to keep my own mind at ease. Everything was fine and she said it's normal.

My big sister and a friend of mine actually spotted throughout their entire first trimester.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• i just got a call back from my doctor. He said that because its brown, its old blood....and since im about 51/2 weeks, its most likely implantation bleeding. He said if it becomes red and heavy, then i should be comcerned about miscarriage. But as of right now, this can be a normal occurrence. He moved my ultrasound up to next mondayto ease my mind.  He said at 6 weeks, you can see the heartbeat50% of the time, and if you cant see it, its probably because youre actually less than 6 weeks
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I started having brown discharge when I miscarried.  Over the the course of 24 hours my uterus started aching then began cramping.  The brown started turning red with clots.  I called the OB office about the brown spotting and uterine discomfort.  They weren't concerned and told me to just rest.  I requested to have progesterone and hcg levels drawn.  By the next morning, I was in the ER to confirm the miscarriage.  While it may be common and harmless, it could also not be.  Unfortunately at this early in pregnancy there is nothing that can be done about it. I hope for you it is just a little spotting and nothing else.
  • I have also been having this starting today. I'm glad to hear it can be common!
  • i had brown spotting for a few weeks starting christmas day. merry christmas, right? all was fine. :)
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"