Baby Names

CP: Top Three Boy Names

This basically has no validity to our choice, since DH will probably want to wait until LO is born before naming [just like we did with DS] and we don't know the sex yet. But just for fun, I'd like to see the general response to these three names. My parents named me and my siblings all Hebrew or Biblical names and DH and I have followed suit. I am not Jewish, but we are a Christian family so they won't sound "too religious" and place value in the meaning of the name. DS is Isaac Levi. The Levi is in honor of my brother, DS's uncle.

The middle names below are all family: David [DH's maternal side], John [DH's middle name] and Anthony [DH's first name]

Additionally, if you prefer a different combo, feel free to add!

[Poll]
Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

Re: CP: Top Three Boy Names

• Awesome names! It was definitely between Ezra and Asher for me. I love both of those names a lot! I voted for Ezra, but I feel that Asher is also a great name.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • i voted for ezra but also think micah is really cute. they both go great with levi!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • They all are fantastic, but I vote for Ezra John :)
  • Love love love Asher! I had a hard time deciding between that and Ezra, another name I love. In the end, I voted for Asher, though.
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• So funny - I was just discussing these three names last night with a friend.  We, too, are Christians, and I've noticed a resurgence of Old Testament names lately in our circle of friends and at church.  My MIL commented on how there are three baby Ashers in their nursery (really big church).  Anyway, I like all three, and in this order: Micah, Asher, Ezra. 
  • Isaac & Asher sound great together. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagefeffy11:
    They're rather feminine sounding, aren't they? I know that they're boys' names (and Biblical ones at that), but I can't really pick any of them. They sound very soft to my ear. I suppose I would go with Asher, although it follows a major trend.

I would have to agree with you. Micah was our top contender for DS, but once DS was born we didn't think it was strong enough and went with Isaac. I know an Ezra who was a brute of boy, but still artistically gifted, so I have a better connotation of the name being very masculine. I will absolutely admit Asher is the trendiest and is DH's least favorite.

Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• Micah and Asher are my favorites. I love Biblical names!
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • imagefeffy11:
    imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

imagefeffy11:
    They're rather feminine sounding, aren't they? I know that they're boys' names (and Biblical ones at that), but I can't really pick any of them. They sound very soft to my ear. I suppose I would go with Asher, although it follows a major trend.

I would have to agree with you. Micah was our top contender for DS, but once DS was born we didn't think it was strong enough and went with Isaac. I know an Ezra who was a brute of boy, but still artistically gifted, so I have a better connotation of the name being very masculine. I will absolutely admit Asher is the trendiest and is DH's least favorite.

Thanks for having a thick skin! Let's say we take Asher off the table, I would probably choose Micah over Ezra. It's just so awkward coming out of my mouth!

I'm really glad you said something, because I hadn't acknowledged it for all three. I knew of my own issues with Micah, but have such a strong opinion of Ezra that it overshadowed the actual name. 

I had to laugh at Ezra being awkward! You should hear DS try to say it! Or Elise for that matter! :)

• I like all three, but I voted Asher.

Keep in mind that while Ezra and Micah are both awesome, old, biblical BOYS' names, some morons have been thinking it's "hip" to name their girls Micah and Ezra. Cool? No. But something to keep in mind.

VOTE on my Name List

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagealliejo725:

I like all three, but I voted Asher.

Keep in mind that while Ezra and Micah are both awesome, old, biblical BOYS' names, some morons have been thinking it's "hip" to name their girls Micah and Ezra. Cool? No. But something to keep in mind.

Thank you! I have been on the look out for these posts for the past few months and have voiced these concerns to DH about Micah specifically, as I've thankfully been seeing Azra if anything. I hate unisex names, with a passion.

• All 3 sound nice, IMO! Good choices :)
  • My little guy was almost an Asher! I love this name. It just didn't suit him when we finally got to meet him. 

Sidenote: My sister later tells me that she's so glad we didn't choose the name Asher because she didn't think she'd be able to say it properly (she has a slight lisp). This is making me reconsider using it if we have another boy. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • I like Micah the best, but dislike the flow when paired with Anthony.  So, I chose Asher David.
    imageimageimage
  • I love Asher
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love biblical names and like all three of these, but to me the sound of Isaac and Ezra together is too many "z" sounds, and they're a little too similar. I can also see where Asher is a tiny bit feminine-sounding, so I chose Micah.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"