February 2011 Moms

Bringing home a winter baby

Those of you that live in cold climates, what are you packing to bring LO home in?  I have a going home outfit picked out, but it's just regular clothes; I don't have a jacket or snowsuit or anything.  Do you think it's enough to just wrap him in a blanket to bring him outside and to the car?  How are you keeping your LOs warm?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bringing home a winter baby

• I would say if you're not going to have a winter outfit to bring him home in, then you should have your DH bring the car seat to the room to load up your baby in there, then tuck the blanket in over him. He should be fine for the short walk from the hospital to the car, and then from the car to the house.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • I'm putting LO in a short sleeved onesie, socks and a fuzzy suit with little bear ears in top. It's definitely not a snow suit, but definitely heavier than a regular sleeper. We also will  put a blanket on her and we have a car seat cover.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTiffanyTheMom:
    I would say if you're not going to have a winter outfit to bring him home in, then you should have your DH bring the car seat to the room to load up your baby in there, then tuck the blanket in over him. He should be fine for the short walk from the hospital to the car, and then from the car to the house.

This

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have one of those "bundle me"s on the carrier - it's like a little cover.  I've also packed a bunting that we got as a gift at one of the showers.  With all that my baby will probably be too hot!!  I am always cold and it has been very cold here lately, so I'd rather have too much than not enough!  But I'm sure a blanket or two over the carrier is fine from the hospital door to the car.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She is coming home in a cute long-sleeved outfit and a JJ Cole Bundle Me in the car seat.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We're dressing him warm ( layers) with a blanket over the carseat. Our hospital has you bring the carseat up to the room, they check & make sure you put the baby in right. Then they help you down to the doors, has someone bring your car around and they check your carseat to make sure it's installed correctly.  With all of that he won't be in the cold long at all.
  • I am in Philadelphia, and while I know there are some places with much colder winters than us, it is a tough one this year. We have a normal outfit for our LO, nothing too heavy or light. We also have a full body snowsuit jacket for her as well. I'll probably keep some blankets in the car (goodness knows we have enough of them :) ) just in case it is an extra cold day, but between the heavy jacket and the outfit, I think she will be fine.

• imageAACraven85:
    I'm putting LO in a short sleeved onesie, socks and a fuzzy suit with little bear ears in top. It's definitely not a snow suit, but definitely heavier than a regular sleeper. We also will  put a blanket on her and we have a car seat cover.

this is what I am doing. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have one of those bundle me covers that go over the infant seat.  Also the pick up spot at the hospital is less than 10' from the door.  H will make sure the car is nice and toasty before we get in. 

No idea what LO will be wearing since mom and my sister will be picking out the going home outfit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have a cute little Valentine's Day dress and tights, a snowsuit & hat, a blanket, and a car seat cover. You should at least make sure LO has a hat regardless because they lose most of their body heat from their heads. We may not need all of it but this is the first time I have ever used a car seat cover(even though DS #s 1 & 2 were both winter babies as well) so I have no idea how warm it'll keep her. I figure better safe than sorry anyways. I'd rather have to remove a layer then need to add one and not have it.
  • He will have on a onesie, long sleeved shirt, overalls (pants length) socks and a hat. Over that is a thin fleece one-piece with a hood and feet. We have one of those covers that go over the seat like a shower cap so we will probably also use that or tuck a blanket in with him. I plan on having DH warm up the car while he is pulling it around so I don't anticipate him being outside very long. Our hospital is tiny in a tiny town so there shouldn't be any trouble with him pulling right up to the entrance.
  • The outfit we have picked out is fleece. Its footed pants a onesie with a sweater. I also have a sweater that will be her "jacket" since we have a BundleMe on the car seat. That way she will not get too hot because we will also be putting a blanket over her. I have a fleece hat as well. I am going to have MH bring the seat into the room before we leave to get her all set. With DS they wheeled me down and we strapped him in in the car.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"