March 2011 Moms

Don't check your baby shower gift registry...it will make you sad

I made the mistake of taking a peek at my gift registry only to discover that only 4 items have been purchased...and the shower is on this Saturday.

Don't do it!

It made me kind of depressed, which I'm sure everything will be great- but I am easily emotional these days!

Re: Don't check your baby shower gift registry...it will make you sad

• i checked mine last week and i think 6 or 7 items have been purchased, mine is this sunday.  but i have a feeling DH and I are going to have to buy a lot of stuff on our own at this rate
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Smile I understand how you feel. I've been registry stalking. Six items purchased, and three of those are wipes, diapers and Desitin. I'm just reminding myself that people don't buy off the registry sometimes, and even when they do, sometimes they forget to have the cashier scan the items off the registry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagemissmiss307:
    Smile I understand how you feel. I've been registry stalking. Six items purchased, and three of those are wipes, diapers and Desitin. I'm just reminding myself that people don't buy off the registry sometimes, and even when they do, sometimes they forget to have the cashier scan the items off the registry.

And also, a lot of people don't go shopping until the day of your shower.

"Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different" ~Roger von Oech
  • Don't worry. When I looked at my registry a day before my shower there were only two items purchased...then at my shower I got tons of stuff from my registry. Turns out a lot of people won't say they are buying from a registry at check-out because they don't want you to see what they got. It's silly. Luckily there were very few duplicates.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My shower is this sunday and maybe 6 items have been purchased off my registry.  Surprising all the items are from target.  I registered at target and bru.  I wasnt expecting much to be bought off the registry.  The big items i know are parents are going to buy.  I expect to receive a lot of diapers and wipes and ofcourse cute girly pink clothes.  Hopefully they also include a gift receipt cus i know i will have to return some of the clothes.  My DH has been telling all his friends to buy us clothes from 6 months and up.  That way we wont be stuck with a crap load of newborn things.  Lets see how that works out. 

I know our friends and they are all last minute shoppers, most people are. 

• I have been guilty of buying things from people's registry the day before the event! I hope a bunch of stuff is purchased on Saturday! :-)

I have also noticed that my SIL got a TON of stuff off of her registry, but either the person giving the gift or the person scanning the item didn't have it taken off of the registry- she had to go on after her first two showers and delete a bunch of stuff that she actually recieved.

• I check mine all the time. When we registered, I was worried that we didn't put ENOUGH stuff on there. But after my first shower, I was worried that we put too much and went in an deleted a lot of the toddler-age things and toys to try to drive people to get the things we're really going to need. I've had my second shower, and my third is coming up and things are flying off the registry list! Now I'm back to being worried that I don't have enough items on there! :)

ETA: As a shower guest, I pretty much ALWAYS buy my showers gifts the day of the shower. I'm super unorganized like that. ;)

DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Don't get uset!!  I checked mine before my shower and it said I only had 20 items purchased, turns out something was wrong with the registry or the cashiers weren't scanning the registry properly.  I had over 50 things bought.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have two showers, and both are this weekend. I've actually had about 25 things bought off my registry, but I think all but 2 or 3 of those things are less than $20. A LOT of small ticket items. I'm still completely happy though that people are buying off the registry even if almost all of my big ticket items are left. I know there are still last minute people that are going to be disappointed when they go in this weekend and there's not many small ticket items left, but there's nothing more I need to register for- so hopefully they'll do gift cards. Unfortunately, almost all of the big ticket items are online buys, so I'm not expecting to get any more of those at this point. I also had 2 friends tell me they bought me items SIMILAR to what I had on my registry because the ones I chose weren't in-store, so you may get that! Don't be discouraged yet!! I'm sure you'll get more than you expect.
  • For our wedding shower, many people bought things the morning of the shower.  I think people are just a bit less organized then we would hope :)  I think the same thing is probably true for the baby showers.  That said, I'm super happy to see that the things that are actually gone off my registry are mostly practical things (only one cute pair of shoes, the rest are stroller/highchair/carseat, etc.).  Those were the things I was most worried about getting since they aren't as cute as all the little onsies!
  • At least you got that many. I only have one purchased. Not a big deal... I know everyone will bring something and I am fully prepared to buy my own items. It's not a big deal & most people don't buy off the registry anyway.
  • Don't get depressed yet, a lot of people don't get the registries marked, and a lot of people are late shoppers. I hope this is the case with you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"