Trying to Get Pregnant

Anyone up for an UO Thursday?

My unpopular opinion is....

I love Howard Stern's show and think that those who bash it  haven't heard it in the past 5 years. It is a very different show from 10 years ago. Also, it isn't all strippers and prostitutes - I swear.

Re: Anyone up for an UO Thursday?

• I absolutely LOVE  The Lex and Terry Show. And I have listened to several shows that did have strippers. Stick out tongue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • image_Brianna_H:

I love Howard Stern's show and think that those who bash it  haven't heard it in the past 5 years. It is a very different show from 10 years ago. Also, it isn't all strippers and prostitutes - I swear.

I SO agree. I used to think he was awful until I really started listening with DH. It is very interesting to listen to him talk and his opinions on everything.

My UO for today is that I think that Lady Gaga is NOT amazing. We are listening to her CD in the office right now, and I just don't get it. She has a great voice, but her whole ''concept'' is not original. It's actualy quite annoying how much people loooove her.

1st BFP- March 2011. Natural MC @ 8 weeks
    2nd BFP- July 2011.  Chemical Pregnancy
    3rd BFP- Sep 2011. My beautiful son was born May 2012.
    4th BFP-August 2014- Due May 12, 2015

• Loading the player...
  • I really don't get the Kardashian obsession. I don't read, watch or listen to anything about them. And usually I eat up US Weekly level drama.
  • imageannerz22:
    image_Brianna_H:

I love Howard Stern's show and think that those who bash it? haven't heard it in the past 5 years. It is a very different show from?10 years ago. Also, it isn't all strippers and prostitutes - I swear.

I SO agree. I used to think he was awful until I really started listening with DH. It is very interesting to listen to him talk and his opinions on everything.

My UO for today is that I think that Lady Gaga is NOT amazing. We are listening to her CD in the office right now, and I just don't get it. She has a great voice, but her whole ''concept'' is not original. It's actualy quite annoying how much people loooove her.

I totally agree!!?

TTC #1 since 09/10
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    5/17/11 SA- count 38 mil, low motility, traces of white blood cells (2 weeks antibiotics)
    6/16/11 SA- count 23 mil, low motility, referred to urologist
    dx varicocele
    DH ultrasound
    6/27/11 SA- count 101 mil, 36% motility, 5% morphology
    IUI #1 50 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 7/27/11 & 7/28/11 = BFN
    IUI #2 100 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 8/25/11 & 8/26/11= BFN
    IVF #1(Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur) ER 11/16/11,ET 11/21/11= BFP 11/29
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • When I had Sirius, I enjoyed listening to The Tiffany Granath Show on the Playboy station.... 
  • I like the Kane show (99.5)- War of Roses :) but never get to listen to it now days

Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 
    ...baby #3 boy MC at 10 weeks

• I can't stand the Jersey Shore. I can't bring myself to watch it and normally- I'm 100% into trashy reality TV.
    photo dune-1-1.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageannerz22:
    image_Brianna_H:

AGREED!!!

• There are some DD's that are just fine by me.
  • image_Brianna_H:

I love him and even have a slight crush on him. Speaking of Stern, I just happened to run across Dr. Laura Tuesday on my way home. She cray, but Stern listeners were inundating her with crap calls, so I listened to her whole show and could not stop laughing.  Ba-ba-booey!! She was like, "WTF does that mean." I have tears thinking about it.  I DIDN'T like the Stern listeners using the C word there, keep it on Stern, but the other stuff was pretty damn funny!

I LOVED the Tyra Banks Kiss My Fat Asss bit they did! That still makes me cry, I laugh so hard!

My Little
  • imagealison2379:
    I really don't get the Kardashian obsession. I don't read, watch or listen to anything about them. And usually I eat up US Weekly level drama.
    BFP #1 on 11/19/10, m/c 12/5/10
    BFP #2 on 4/12/11, J born on 12/14/11

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't get the whole obsession over the Twilight saga and I'm not attracted to Robert Pattinson who I guess plays Edward Cullen AT ALL!  To be honest, I find him unattractive.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    DX = Endo and right tube blocked
    IUI #1-3 - 50mg Clomid, 75iu Gonal, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFN
    IVF #1 - ER = 9R, 9M, 8F; 5DT of 1 embryo (3 frosties) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (17dpo) = 496, Beta #2 (20dpo) = 1318, Beta #3 (22dpo) = 2190
    EDD Oct 9, 2012
  • Here's my UO.  I think the Biggest Loser is terrible.  It isn't inspiring, these people are losing weight on a program where their diet and exercise are tightly controlled.  They have nothing to do all day but work on losing weight, and they do it at a very fast pace.  I'm sure there are many people at home who quite trying because they can't lose 10+ lbs every week like the contestants. 

Also, I am so sick of Jillian Michaels being EVERYWHERE! 

• Woops, sorry for the double post...still new & figuring out the quote feature :)

What I was going to say is that is funny, I actually like watching their shows for some reason I can't understand. My husband hates it!

That and Kendra are my two faves on E...

• imageKathy4678:
    I can't stand the Jersey Shore. I can't bring myself to watch it and normally- I'm 100% into trashy reality TV.

Yes This! I live on the boarder of NJ and PA. Everyone I grew up with always takes day/weekend trips to the Jersey Shore. I guess since we have always gone there they feel connected to the show. I can't stand it! I watched half of one episode and can't bring myself to ever do it again.

• Ugh, ok I still didn't get it right. My post was supposed to quote alison and is in regards to the Kardashians. Maybe one day I'll figure this out!

• imagewatkinae:

I don't get the whole obsession over the Twilight saga and I'm not attracted to Robert Pattinson who I guess plays Edward Cullen AT ALL!  To be honest, I find him unattractive.....

Yes I agree and from what I've heard the books are pretty terribly written too...

ETA: spelling

• imageMySweetBaboo:
    image_Brianna_H:

I love him and even have a slight crush on him. Speaking of Stern, I just happened to run across Dr. Laura Tuesday on my way home. She cray, but Stern listeners were inundating her with crap calls, so I listened to her whole show and could not stop laughing.  Ba-ba-booey!! She was like, "WTF does that mean." I have tears thinking about it.  I DIDN'T like the Stern listeners using the C word there, keep it on Stern, but the other stuff was pretty damn funny!

I LOVED the Tyra Banks Kiss My Fat Asss bit they did! That still makes me cry, I laugh so hard!

OMG - that lady is nuts.  I call complete BS on her not knowing what "Ba-bb-booey" means - she knows. I didn't know that she had an affair with a married man and that he released naked photos of her! Gross.

• I hate musicals, and I cringe whenever someone starts singing in a movie. I just wanna yell 'Get on with it! Back to the story line!'

I've been this way since I was a kid, even some Disney movies would make me feel uncomfortable and annoyed haha.

• imageKathy4678:
    I can't stand the Jersey Shore. I can't bring myself to watch it and normally- I'm 100% into trashy reality TV.

One million percent agreed and I watch some trash-- i.e. The Bachelor, and pretty much any other reality show I can find, but I can't stand Jersey Shore and I don't know why.

• imageFredAndCat:
    imagewatkinae:

I don't get the whole obsession over the Twilight saga and I'm not attracted to Robert Pattinson who I guess plays Edward Cullen AT ALL!  To be honest, I find him unattractive.....

Yes I agree and from what I've heard the books are pretty terribly written too...

This! Robert Pattinson is gross to me.

• imagewatkinae:

ahh me too! people think I'm totally craaaazy but there is nothing about twilight and robert pattison that does it for me! 

IAmPregnant Ticker image

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageDwinalsinlove:

imageKathy4678:

Yes This! I live on the boarder of NJ and PA. Everyone I grew up with always takes day/weekend trips to the Jersey Shore. I guess since we have always gone there they feel connected to the show. I can't stand it! I watched half of one episode and can't bring myself to ever do it again.

Bahaha, I grew up on the Jersey Shore, 10 min from where it was filmed. I do not in anyway feel connected, and in no way is that how people on the Jersey shore act. However, I do watch it, it's like a train-wreck I can't keep my eyes off of.  I'm amazed at the stupidity... lol

• Reality tv drives me bonkers. I can't watch any of it.

Also -- Twilight. I don't get it. I read them, even watched the movies with my sister. I don't get the appeal. If I want a broody vampire I watch Buffy or Angel. 

Much love to all of my magical ladies.

• imageKathy4678:

AGREED!

cannot stand it....lived in NJ all my life and all of the reality shows make me Confused

TTC since 7/10
    First RE appt 10/11
    Me- 29; DX- Stage II Endo & hydrosalpinx
    DH- 34 w/ "borderline morph"
    12/2011, 1/2012, & 3/2012- tamoxifen+TI= BFNs
    Lap- 4/11/12- removed ovarian cyst, adhesions, and repaired twisted tube
    IVF#1- BFN
    IVF#2- ER 10/14; Transferred 3 beautiful 8cells on 10/17; BFP! 10/29 beta#1- 152, beta#2- 378, beta#3- 755
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~ S/PAIF welcome ~
  • imageFredAndCat:
    imagewatkinae:

That's what I've heard too, so don't understand how it got to be so big.  At first I thought it was teen girls that were driving this, but all my girlfriends in their late 20's LOVE it too.  I don't think I'll ever understand this one...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    DX = Endo and right tube blocked
    IUI #1-3 - 50mg Clomid, 75iu Gonal, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFN
    IVF #1 - ER = 9R, 9M, 8F; 5DT of 1 embryo (3 frosties) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (17dpo) = 496, Beta #2 (20dpo) = 1318, Beta #3 (22dpo) = 2190
    EDD Oct 9, 2012
  • image_Brianna_H:
    imageMySweetBaboo:
    image_Brianna_H:

OMG - that lady is nuts.  I call complete BS on her not knowing what "Ba-bb-booey" means - she knows. I didn't know that she had an affair with a married man and that he released naked photos of her! Gross.

Yep!! It boggles my mind that people listen to her and she has such a loyal following!! She is worshipped! She is repulsive and her advice is hideous!

I caught her another time last fall and a lady called in having trouble getting over the repeated rapes at the hands  of her BIL when she was a young teen.  Dr. Laura told her that she secretly liked it and that is why she couldn't get over it, that it was sibling rivalry! I almost threw up. That woman is CRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Little
  • I like Twilight. However, I think Robert Pattinson is seriously unattractive. Jackson Rathbone is way hotter. :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My UO is probably flame worthy but it's okay, I have my big girl panties on. I've never been pregnant before so maybe that's why, but I just don't get why you'd post your sonogram picture on facebook.... I just don't get it Confused  I mean, I know it's exciting,but for facebook? Where you have 1500 friends and barely talk to half of them? Don't get it....
    BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • Much to my MIL?s chagrin, I do not like to scrapbook. I do not have the desire or the patience. I know a lot of people love it, but I am just not one of them.....

*********TTC Since 09/2010 BFP 08/19/11 EDD 04/28/12********* It's a girl! BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesalt78:
    I like Twilight. However, I think Robert Pattinson is seriously unattractive. Jackson Rathbone is way hotter. :)

I like Twilight, too!  Am I obsessed with it?  No.  But, the books are a lot of fun and they have turned so many kids on to reading, and I think that's great!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagealison2379:
    I really don't get the Kardashian obsession. I don't read, watch or listen to anything about them. And usually I eat up US Weekly level drama.

I agree!! it's like watching the Playboy mansion with more selfish shallow drama and less sex.

what's the point? 

Or watching those rich b*tch girls everyone used to know, complain about how hard their lives are because they can't get their roots done till thursday!  how awful... god forbid they should actually go through a real ordeal.

:::spew:::

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSParkman80:
    My UO is probably flame worthy but it's okay, I have my big girl panties on. I've never been pregnant before so maybe that's why, but I just don't get why you'd post your sonogram picture on facebook.... I just don't get it Confused  I mean, I know it's exciting,but for facebook? Where you have 1500 friends and barely talk to half of them? Don't get it....

I am 100% with you on this.  Some of my best friends do it, and I just don't understand it.

*********TTC Since 09/2010 BFP 08/19/11 EDD 04/28/12********* It's a girl! BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageFredAndCat:

Here's my UO.  I think the Biggest Loser is terrible.  It isn't inspiring, these people are losing weight on a program where their diet and exercise are tightly controlled.  They have nothing to do all day but work on losing weight, and they do it at a very fast pace.  I'm sure there are many people at home who quite trying because they can't lose 10+ lbs every week like the contestants. 

Also, I am so sick of Jillian Michaels being EVERYWHERE! 

This, but what is worse, is I can't.stop.watching.it!

The last two seasons have been even worse, as they now have advertisments IN THE SHOW, and still I watch, its like a car crash, I can't look away!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• I agree with so many of these...although I do watch the jersey shore :)

I don't get the ultrasound pics..especially super early ones where all you can see is a Mr. Peanut looking object...but I don't know about showing 300 friends my uterus on FB...the 3D ultrasounds freak me out a bit too...

I hate the Biggest Loser lately..loved it in the beginning but its run its course..especially when they show the past contestants on the finale who've gained the weight back

• imageKathy4678:

Indifferent I can't get into it either.

• imageKathy4678:

Yes

TTC since 04/2010
    Ovarian cancer survivor
    DH= low motility
    2/9/11 lap & hysteroscopy- uterine polyp & scar tissue removed
    3/25/11 IUI#1= BFP m/c; D&C at 7w3d (Trisomy 16)
    IUIs #2, #3, #4 and #5= BFNs
    Onto IVF #1= BFN
    FET 4/6/12= 2 extended blasts transferred, with one hatching
    Beta 1= 607; Beta 2= 1,564; Beta 3= 24,439; Beta 4= over 64,000
    First u/s on 5/10= TWINS! Heartbeats 158 and 160!
    It's a boy and a girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My Blog
    Huge congrats to my beautiful BFPB lmj8284, due June 2012!
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." -FDR
  • imageKathy4678:

Me too! I am usually so into reality shows, but I can't even be in the same room as Jersey Shore when it's on - I don't know what it is! 

After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageKathy4678:

Same here. I don't get the obsession and I find their behavior appaling. :(

• If my kids don't want to go to college, I won't push them. I think you can be smart, successful and happy without a degree. I want them to go for the experience but I don't want to pressure them if they don't enjoy being there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"