2nd Trimester

Ladies - is this normal?

Hello all,

Question for you.  Even though I'm only 13 weeks (almost 14!)...my stomach is pretty huge.  I typically don't even know that it's there though...I don't "feel" it.  However, yesterday and today..my pelvic area has felt very..err..heavy.  It's not painful, just an uncomfortable feeling that comes and goes.  Although it happens when I bend over, it also occurs just if I'm walking around.  It just feels very.. "there", for a lack of a better word.  Has anyone else felt this way?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ladies - is this normal?

• That is pretty normal.  The baby will lift and move further in soon.  That is also the same reason you have to pee more often now and again later in the pregnancy when the baby drops again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've felt like that the past week.  I'm just starting to get a visible bump so if you are already showing I'd imagine it is normal for you too.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Loading the player...
  • Yes. I asked my Dr. about it because it felt like the baby was sitting really low and it made me nervous. He said that the baby was actually farther up than it felt like. I know my stomach's there, but there's no pressure now.
  • imageEmilicious88:
    Yes. I asked my Dr. about it because it felt like the baby was sitting really low and it made me nervous. He said that the baby was actually farther up than it felt like. I know my stomach's there, but there's no pressure now.

Yes! That's how I'd describe it... pressure.

• Yep, it's pretty normal. Not everyone experiences it early on, but lots of women do! Smile
  • Yep, now that I'm starting to show, I get that "heavy" feeling occasionally.  It comes and goes, so I think it probably happens when the baby moves into a certain position.
  • I went through a stage right around where you are right now that felt like I had a lot of pressure in my abdomen, especially when I bent over and it was actually pretty uncomfortable. It seemed to arrive pretty quickly too from what I remember but as the weeks went on the weird pressure feeling subsided.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel the same way and am about 13 1/2 weeks as well...full/heavy belly that feels better if I let it "slack."  Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way!  :)
  • im 14 weeks and it kinda feels like im sucking it in in a way but im not...almost hollow maybe...idk maybe its the same thing ur feeling thats just the only way i can explain it
  • It's normal - no worries Smile 
  • I'm dealing with that right now. A sudden onset of heaviness and pressure which I feel while walking around or putting on socks/shoes/pants. I'm actually going into the doctors this afternoon to give a urine sample to rule out a UTI, but they seem to think it's normal at this stage. I have also noticed my stomach getting bigger.

It's scary because I never know what to be concerned with, and what is "normal". You look in the books and they immediately jump to preterm labor. I'm glad sites like this exist. Really helps to know other women are going thru the same thing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"