2nd Trimester

Would you go to the Dr.?

I had some pain/pressure this afternoon very low that felt like my bladder and it seemed to get worse after I peed.  I called the nurse and she said it could be a bladder infection and I should maybe come in in the morning to get my urine tested. She said if it gets worse (blood in pee, kidney pain) I need to go to the ER! It has gotten better but still having a little pressure, but if the pain is gone by morning, should I still go? Aren't bladder infections common in pg? Anyone had this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you go to the Dr.?

• You should still go to be checked out. Better safe than sorry!
  • Yep, get checked out for sure! I'm not sure if they are common or not, but I know that they are certainly not unheard of. I had two or three UTI's with my first pregnancy, and I've never had one outside of pregnancy!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've never had a bladder infection, but if the nurse said to come in then you should follow her advice.
  • You most defiantly still need to go in the morning. I had a bladder infection with my first and didn't know it b.c I had never had one before. It turned into a full blown kidney infection that took two week long hospital stays and over a month to get rid of completely! It was bad communication between my doctor the hospital and myself. They kept telling me I just pulled a muscle and thats why my side hurt so bad.  But if you know that that's what it could even possibly be don't take any chances!
  • Totally lurking.

Do not take UTI's lightly. Regardless of blood in your pee, the bacteria still has the potential of further traveling up the urethra and into the kidneys. This can result in scarring of the kidneys (which is irreversable) and preterm labor.
    I had a UTI when I was 14 weeks along with R and was hospitalized for over a week. I would make an appointment for a UA soon :)
  • im 14 weeks and a couple yrs ago i kept getting bladder infections...when i went to the drs last week they said i have a uti and gave me a prescription medicine...normally i know when im getting em...i can feel it and i didnt feel anything at all...i am so thankful i had a dr appt at that time...they can get so bad all u can do is scream and cry...trust me and sign of something uncomfortable go to the drs...its safer
  • So I also have a weird feeling in my lower belly after I empty my bladder. I feel like my stomach is LESS supported than it was before. Is this the same kind of pressure and or pain that you are talking about OP? I don't have any other symptoms except this weird feeling (I guess it is kind of painful, but not too much) that happens after I am sitting for awhile and then walk around and after I empty my bladder.

I will call the nurse, but I just thought it was growing pains? (My belly really popped over the last week)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • If the nurse wants you to go in I would go in just to make sure it's not a uti.
    Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 
  • Defnitely go to the Dr.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"