February 2011 Moms

Waiting for tomorrow. . .

So waiting for my ob appt tomorrow is going to be very difficult today.  I am having so much pressure today that I just want to remain on all fours because that is how I am the most comfortable.  I really hope that I am not still just 1 cm after all this pressure down there and feeling like my cervix is being torn in half I hope it means something for me.

I will not be a very happy mommy if they tell me I am closed. Some explanation for that I went to L&D two weeks ago and when they checked me I was 1 cm and 25% effaced well then when I made a return trip a week ago they told me I was closed and long.  Basically I was totally confused and glad that my mom was with me both times so that she looked just as confused as I did when they told me I was closed a week after telling me I was 1cm and 25%. 

I really hope there is some change tomorrow and I hope things don't get too uncomfortable between now and then.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Waiting for tomorrow. . .

• I have an appt with my midwife at Pt Loma on Weds. Hooray for appts this week!

I hope you have some progress, I hear you that L&D is confusing. I'm really uncomfortable too and I think I spend about 1/3 of my day on my hands and knees to relieve the pressure on my hips. Here's to hoping we've both progressed! 

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • That would be very confusing!  Good luck tomorrow!  I hope their is some progress!

• Loading the player...
  • I have my first internal tomorrow with my OB. I am not expecting any progress since he said last week the baby had not dropped yet, but that he was still head down in position :/ I know Im only 38 weeks tomorrow so its a lot can happen between then and 41 weeks which is when most first time moms end up going into labor, but they have talked about inducing me at 39 weeks for PIH so Im hoping im at least a little progressed by then??!!
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Im in the same boat.  I have an appt tomorrow morning too and hope that there has been some progress made.  Its awful the amount of pressure there is right now.

Good luck to you!

• I hope all goes well for you! I  too have had soo much pressure. I have been sitting/living on my exercise ball. That thing is awesome! I am bringing it with me when I go into labor! This baby must have dropped to my colon or something. I have trapped gas creating more pressure on top of little melon head pressing down! Even going poop has started to hurt with all this gas!
    Happy mommy to a sweet baby boy! CafeMom Tickers
  • imageJennabug25:
    I hope all goes well for you! I  too have had soo much pressure. I have been sitting/living on my exercise ball. That thing is awesome! I am bringing it with me when I go into labor! This baby must have dropped to my colon or something. I have trapped gas creating more pressure on top of little melon head pressing down! Even going poop has started to hurt with all this gas!

Oh my goodness I am so terrified of pooping right now, sometimes I feel like I am pushing my kid out and that just scares me.

• I was unaware that you can go backwards. Yikes! Did they explain to you why you had progress a week prior to that and then nothing?

I would also be pretty irritated with that news.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAllysunC:

I was unaware that you can go backwards. Yikes! Did they explain to you why you had progress a week prior to that and then nothing?

I would also be pretty irritated with that news.

I don't think you can go back, I just think that my hospital has too many students seeing pts with very little to no supervision in the pt rooms.  And no I don't even think they knew about the progress the week before and I didn't feel like saying anything because I know that 1cm isn't very much to begin with and that you can be there for awhile so I wasn't expecting them to tell me I was going to have my baby based off of that.  My mom's response was well they apparently have very different opinions on what closed and 1cm dilated feel like.

• imageEtta07:

imageJennabug25:
    I hope all goes well for you! I  too have had soo much pressure. I have been sitting/living on my exercise ball. That thing is awesome! I am bringing it with me when I go into labor! This baby must have dropped to my colon or something. I have trapped gas creating more pressure on top of little melon head pressing down! Even going poop has started to hurt with all this gas!

Oh my goodness I am so terrified of pooping right now, sometimes I feel like I am pushing my kid out and that just scares me.

Welcome to the Paranoid Poopers club. I'm terrified every time I take a deuce! I'm always really careful to concentrate on *all* holes down there just in case something else is coming out that shouldn't be...

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"