February 2011 Moms

checked at 36 week appt?

I have my 36 wk appt today and I was wondering if any of your doctors checked your cervix for dilation at your 36 wk appointments.  As uncomfortable as it is, I am hoping he does and I am hoping there is something going on, because I have had some cramping and lots of pressure and I am hoping its doing something.  Although I know the baby probably won't be here for a few more weeks, but just want to know something is happening!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: checked at 36 week appt?

• My doctor starting checking me at 36 weeks. If he doesn't seem like he's going to I would just ask. If you ask I'm sure he will even if he wasn't planning on it.
  • Yes, mine starts at 36 weeks - I think most do, but all are different so just ask him. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I started to get checked last week at my 35wk appt.  I would just ask, it was nice to know things are happening in there, even if its not very much :)
  • I got checked at my 36wk appt. Well, she asked if I wanted to be checked and I said yes. If your doc doesn't bring it up, you should. Some OBs don't like checking that early (my doc with my DS didn't want to) but most are fine with it.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Thanks everyone!
  • Mine didn't - I had mine last Thursday and he said he wouldn't check until this Thursday at 37 weeks. I was a little bummed but really it's only one week!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• My midwife checked since she was already doing the group B strep test.

I agree with pp - all you have to do is ask. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"