Breastfeeding

Clicky: What worked the best to increase your supply?

Just curious! Going back to work next Friday- my supply took a nosedive went I went back with DS1. It's very stressful to find time to pump at my job! I'm going to try my best again though!

[Poll]
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Clicky: What worked the best to increase your supply?

• I have twins so this may be skewed, but bringing them to the breast every two hours tripled my supply in 72 hours. I now leak if they don't eat within three hours of their last feed.
  • Domperidone had made the biggest difference for me! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I voted for other...I have oversupply and noticed it gets even worse when I drink beer - but I only drink wheat beer and it sure does it for me!
  • Not power pumping, but just adding a daily pumping session. Fenugreek and blessed thistle have helped me a little, but adding a pumping session is the best solution.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCCross22:
    Domperidone had made the biggest difference for me! :)

This.

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • pumping after feedings (that needed a supply boast- started out with pumping after all feedings day or night) with massage/compressions for a min of 20 minutes. (heavey massage for 10 min on each side)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemooshagirl:
    I voted other. Domperidone was the only thing that worked for me and I tried everthing on your list.

Never heard of this...is it prescription only?

• imageCCross22:

DITTO!

• imageCCross22:

me too

DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
  • imageCCross22:

Ah! I always forget about this one! Is it OTC or rx?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • blessed thistle and fenugreek together
  • imagejenn&Dave2005:
    Domperidone

I have a question for all of you that said Domperidone, how did you get a prescription? Do you go see your OBGYN? Or family doctor? I have been BF for 7 months, and AF showed up around 5 months since then my supply has been nothing (thankfully I have a great stash), but even that is becoming very low. I really want to make it 12 months and the mother milk tea, fenugreek, extra water, rest, etc... really isn't helping.

thanks

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The website for domperidone is

https://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/general/motilium.html

You cannot get it in the US, your OB will usually only be able to prescribe reglan which has a lot of side effects. It is an OTC drug in Canada and Europe.

I haven't taken it but I've seen so many posts on it, I know where to get it :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"