Cloth Diapering
Options

diff. between serged & turned/topstitched?

other than the appearance?  Is it just that serged irritates the skin of some babies?  Or do they fall apart more easily?  
Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d

Re: diff. between serged & turned/topstitched?

• Options

Besides what you listed above, it depends on the brand.  Some t&ts fit differently than the serged. 

• Options

gotcha!  

btw I love your blog Pixy :)  keep the reviews coming! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks!

I just need to keep my motivation up.  I'm really not kidding when I say that I'm lazy.  :oD 

• Options
    imagepixy_stix:

Thanks!

I just need to keep my motivation up.  I'm really not kidding when I say that I'm lazy.  :oD 

oh I hear you, I spent the majority of the weekend on the couch surfing CD sites.  I did at least create folders for all the different information on my computer to keep it organized ;)   

• Options
    It's just finishing really.  Most home-made items are turned and topstitched, while most commercial products are surged.  I've had both stitches fall apart, it just depends on the quality of the manufacturing.  I would imagine that surging would cause more irritation, since more of the stitching touches the skin.  T&T items would be less likely to stretch at the seams, and could be uncomfortably tight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"