February 2011 Moms

Monitors

Can you recommend the one you bought?  Thanks!

Re: Monitors

• we have the summer infant best view handheld color monitor and it's pretty cool so far...rec'd by bb, too.  you can move the camera around with the remote base, which i thought was neat- not that lo will be shifting around the nursery or anything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageGracieMaeLovey:
    we have the summer infant best view handheld color monitor and it's pretty cool so far...rec'd by bb, too.  you can move the camera around with the remote base, which i thought was neat- not that lo will be shifting around the nursery or anything.

We have this one too, though it's still in the box and I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet. Lots of good (and some bad) reviews on amazon for it.

https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Handheld-Monitor-Screen/dp/B001NAATW0/ref=br_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2HGEWZ58QRY7C&colid=2DTQ62VRNDTSW

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We got the Sony BabyCall. It was cheap ($40 and I think I saw it on clearance in Target not long ago), works well and is recommended in Baby Bargains.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have an angelcare. It saved my son's life so many times I can't imagine not having it.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • imageAnniee1963:
    We got the Sony BabyCall. It was cheap ($40 and I think I saw it on clearance in Target not long ago), works well and is recommended in Baby Bargains.

We have this one too.  Used it for both my boys and it still works great (DS1 is almost 7).  I love that I can change the frequency so that I don't pick up other signals, plus the water-resistant (proof?) has saved it many a time.  I am even thinking of picking up a second set so that one is in our room with DS3 and I can keep the current one in with DS2 while he naps. Later on, one could be moved downstairs so that I can run to basement and do laundry while boys play upstairs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • We got the Summer Slim&Clear.  We didn't think a video monitor was necessary.  DH did have a few requirments though.  He wanted one that had belt clips, a good range (so we can go outside with it) and both power options (plug-in and rechargable batteries)  and this one met all the requirements.  I've tested it out and so far we love it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • we were going to get the Summer Slim and secure video monitors but then decided that we can do without a video so I was going to get the regular summer infant audio ones. I can't remember the name but on BRU website they are the skinny blue ones. Either way I looked them up on google to get more reviews and came across these monitors on amazon.com

imageThe First Years True Choice P400 Premium Digital Monitor, 2 Parent Unit

They got really good reviews on amazon and great reviews on some other websites and the were only $60. Two of the features that I really like is that the parent units come with rechargeable batteries and they are 2 way so you can either talk to baby in the room or you can talk to the other parent unit depending on what button you push.

• imageAnniee1963:
    We got the Sony BabyCall. It was cheap ($40 and I think I saw it on clearance in Target not long ago), works well and is recommended in Baby Bargains.
    We got this one too based on Baby Bargains reviews.
  • We have the Angelcare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"