September 2011 Moms

*~*Flame-Free Confession Friday*~*

Friday is finally here! So that mean let loose ladies - let's hear those confessions (flame-free, of course!)!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *~*Flame-Free Confession Friday*~*

• Nothing IRL...

TB: I'm trying like he!l to keep up w/the newbie BFPs, but man its hard. I'm still happy for ya'll, its just time consuming with all the posts, I can't keep up!

I guess now's a good time to say... "Congrats to all the newbies and welcome to the board!!" :o)

• I told my mom and sisters that I am pregnant but take pride in the fact that my MIL is out of the loop. She is so nosy and over-involved, it makes me laugh every time I talk to her and think about that fact that she doesn't know. It would kill her to know that my mom and sisters know. I'm going to see how long I can keep it from her (my DH will probably want to tell her after the u/s next week). They usually visit us every six weeks for a long weekend to see DS. SO annoying.
  • Loading the player...
  • IRL: I am sick of people feeling entitled to voice their opinions about everything in my life just because I am pregnant. I picked up paint samples for the nursery(I figure it will take a couple months to decide on the colors) and my best friend came over for dinner and said I needed to get some more because those colors just weren't going to work if it was a girl. I told her I had a vision and am not a fan of pink(it's her favorite color) or purple so prefer gender neutral colors for things like walls. She just kept making a 'yuck' face and said I was wrong. Same night, I mentioned the names we have picked out right now. We have had them picked out for over 2 years but that's not saying they won't change. She made a sad face and said "but that is what I was going to name my next dog." And acted like I stole her name...?? Generally everything that has come out of her mouth about my pregnancy has irritated the crap out of me to the point where I don't even want to discuss it with her at all.

TB: Nothing really.

~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I can't freaking wait until all of the newbies have come over and this board settles down, because this board is waaaayyyy to PNR. I don't necessarily want drama, but man is it boring over here.
  • I love Steven Tyler's mouth. 

Dylan Sophia 06.04.09 - Elijah Alexander 04.25.10 - 04.25.10 - Sullivan Thomas 09.06.11 - Calvin Douglas 08.06.13 - Baby GIRL Due 07.01.15!
    Elijah's Story: Embracing Elijah
    My blog: Midwest Chaos

Pregnancy Ticker
  • IRL:My good friend has gained over 60 pounds with her pregnancy and I hope I don't gain that much! Her baby also stopped growing 4 weeks ago (but is still okay and healthy just stopped growing) and I blame it on the fact that she never quit smoking. That may or may not be the reason but thats what I think. I won't admit it to her face though because it would hurt her to much. So I am staying far away from anybody that is smoking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageermaderma:
    I can't freaking wait until all of the newbies have come over and this board settles down, because this board is waaaayyyy to PNR. I don't necessarily want drama, but man is it boring over here.

Damn girl! Thanks for saying that:) I miss TTGP becuase it was so much more fun. I feel like this board shiits our P&R 24/7.

• WooooHoooo! TGIF baby...

1. It's difficult to admit but if I'm completely honest with myself I realize that I thought that I was one of the lucky few who wouldn't get m/s. Of course, the waves of nausea are now in full force. Ick!

2. I haven't fixed my hair all week. Not once. It's been in a pony tail. Not even a pretty one because I've slept on it wet. L-A-Z-Y. Embarrassed 

3. I was embarrassingly close to just curling up on my couch and watch reruns of Saved By the Bell College Edition instead of coming in to work.

4. And finally, my bump related confession is that I don't give an eff what the true definition of a troll is on tB. Also, I still picture the cute little fuzzy haired things I used to play with when I was a kid. It's more fun that way.

• imageamandaloren:

imageermaderma:
    I can't freaking wait until all of the newbies have come over and this board settles down, because this board is waaaayyyy to PNR. I don't necessarily want drama, but man is it boring over here.

Damn girl! Thanks for saying that:) I miss TTGP becuase it was so much more fun. I feel like this board shiits our P&R 24/7.

I agree completely. I'll add another FFC that is super-flameworthy:

5. When the BOTB gals start commenting here, I may not agree with them, but things get a lot more fun. Someone hurry and post something stupid... Wink

• imagenatkay02:

is that I don't give an eff what the true definition of a troll is on tB. Also, I still picture the cute little fuzzy haired things I used to play with when I was a kid. It's more fun that way.

HA!! I still have all of my trolls! They are in a big box in the closet under the stairs! Not to mention so are all my old barbies that are still in their boxes lol I think I have one that is like 16 years old:)

• imagenatkay02:
    imageamandaloren:

imageermaderma:

5. When the BOTB gals start commenting here, I may not agree with them, but things get a lot more fun. Someone hurry and post something stupid... Wink

Hey as long as I'm not the one saying something stupid, I completely agree :)

• imageLauraLovesJon:
    I love Steven Tyler's mouth. 

Haha. Love it. And here's a PIP just for you. (I'm in a PIP mood)

• IRL: I had a HORRIBLE baby dream last night, but am doing my best to try and push it out of my mind (hoping that telling my fellow bumpies will help the process) and stay positive.  I am getting SO anxious for the first U/S (Feb 11th), it can't come soon enough!
    ****Signature warning Losses Mentioned****

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 07/01/2004 ~ EDD 03/10/2005 ~ 
    D&C 8/1/2004 @ 5w5d
    BFP#2 12/27/10 ~ EDD 9/06/2011 ~ DS born 08/14/11 via c-section, passed away 10/17/11
    BFP#3 09/07/12 ~ EDD 5/09/2013 ~ DS born 01/30/13 survived for 2 hrs
    08/06/14 Waiting for 1st IVF cycle to begin

IVF#1: started stims 9/15; trigger 9/24; ET 9/26-5R 5M, 5F. 3 biopsied for PGD

image           image

• imagenatkay02:

Oooh, good one, and I agree. I'm sorry, but I enjoy reading the drama. Reminds me of TTGP and I get a few laughs out of it all!

& I think people that say they don't like it aren't being completely honest. (Well, except for the poor OP) Just look at the number of views on those threads!

• imagenatkay02:

imageLauraLovesJon:

Haha. Love it. And here's a PIP just for you. (I'm in a PIP mood)

:dies: Thank you. 

Dylan Sophia 06.04.09 - Elijah Alexander 04.25.10 - 04.25.10 - Sullivan Thomas 09.06.11 - Calvin Douglas 08.06.13 - Baby GIRL Due 07.01.15!
    Elijah's Story: Embracing Elijah
    My blog: Midwest Chaos

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aside from obviously being excited that I'm KU'd, I am also secretly excited that we will be giving both sides of our families the first grandchild and that we beat my SIL.  She's always competing with us for some reason, and bragging about how great she is and apparently told MIL (who for some reason told DH) that she wants to have the first grandchild so they can spoil it.  It's really annoying.  Even though we clearly weren't trying for the reason to purposely beat her to the punch, we did and I get a little happiness out of that Embarrassed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Henry - Born October 1, 2011 Baby #2 - Due August 30, 2013!
  • I wasn't sad when DH told me they found cancer during MIL's surgery in the fall.  I mean I was sad for DH, but I didn't give 2 shiits about her.  It was like I found out a stranger was sick.

I spend more time playing Cityville during the day than I do actually working.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Sounds to me like your friend is seriously jealous of you and your good fortunes. Try not to let it get to you (if you can)...I've come to realize that there will be some people who you thought were your (longtime) friends end up showing their true colours when something really good happens to you - e.g. marriage, babies, new home, amazing job, happy life...good luck.

ps - go for the names that you want!

• If I see one more post about how disappointed someone is that they didn't get to hear the heartbeat when they are 5 or 6 weeks pregnant at their first appointment, I'm going to lose it.  Lurk a little bit people.  What to expect at the first appointment is all over these boards. 

The same goes for the "I don't have any symptoms is this normal" posts.  

• Here'san example of another person who is jealous/envious of other people's good fortunes.  Your SIL is obviously jealous of you and feels insecure around you. Don't sweat it, be the bigger person and don't rub it in her face - but do enjoy telling everyone (when you do, and make sure she's there to hear it!).  OOOHHH - your baby gets to decide what to call the grandparents!! Hehehe - b/c whatever comes out of hte baby's mouth, whether by themselves or you teach them, that's going to be the names for future grandchildren.  I know, I'm the first born on both sides of hte family and I had that honour.

• I think I may have tried to molest my husband last night.  I'm not sure if I dreamed it or not, I'm waiting to talk to him to find out.  But if I did it was totally inadvertant and I think I just really rolled over onto him in my sleep.  I vaguely remember waking up to him telling me to get off of him, but that may have been a dream too.  Interesting...

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm feeling guilty for having to lie to my family, friends and coworkers that I'm pregnant, but consdering my past, I'm just too terrified to tell, and then (God forbid), if I loose the baby, I'll have to go through hell telling everyone and end up consolling them (b/c they'll be so upset for me). Only my parents, sibblings, and me/my DHs bestfriends know, and htey've all been given strict instructions to keep their mouths shut (which they are doing).  People have been asking us when we'll be trying again, and some of my coworkers actually asked me flat out if I was P - I lied to everyone saying ''no, not yet."

OH - and I'm going to go to Taco Bell today to hopefully try to help with my constipation (suggestion made by another sept.mom-to-be)...it's so not healthy and gross, but I'm desperate, and all the healthy foods I'm eating are not helping.

• I lurk on many boards, participate periodically, but rarely "introduce" myself.  It's a public message board, and I don't feel that I should have to be accepted in order to participate. 

Similarly, I loathe people at my gym who act like they "own" the bikes in the spin class.  I don't care if I'm not a regular in the class, if I want to take spinning one day and I get to the bike before you, oh wells.  I pay the same amount for the gym you do.  If you want a bike reserved specifically for you, buy your own.

I would like to skip over breakfast and proceed right to cheese fries for lunch.

25 People Who Haven't Quite Figured Out Parenting Yet

Lilypie - (TIAf)

Lilypie - (95p4)

• imageLauraLovesJon:

Agreed.

BabyName Ticker
    www.homeofthehonakers.blogspot.com
  • IRL: I'm really glad that we don't talk to my MIL very much...

tB: getting flamed SUCKS! I hope it's not me next time. Embarrassed

• imagenatkay02:
    imageamandaloren:

imageermaderma:

I completely agree with all of the above.

My FFCF: I can't keep my mouth shut about being pregnant. Yesterday I have told 3 people that I am. I wonder what my count will be today Embarrassed

• imageMrs*MichelleB:

Okay one more... I'm full of it today. Big Smile

I counted on our blog how many ladies there are due in September and got over 180 names. I think if you want to be included there, you should involve yourself more here too. I sit and wonder - who the heck is that? to some of the names. It's ridiculous those that are in a sense "drive-by sign ups" and will never be back. :eye roll: if this is you.  

As a general lurker, I see your point, but some people don't have time to actively post & participate all day long.  I don't think it makes it any less acceptable that they partcipate when they can.

25 People Who Haven't Quite Figured Out Parenting Yet

Lilypie - (TIAf)

Lilypie - (95p4)

• imagetblauvelt:

My FFCF: I can't keep my mouth shut about being pregnant. Yesterday I have told 3 people that I am. I wonder what my count will be today Embarrassed

Girl, we hadn't even known a week and DH's entire family knew, lol!

• 1. I love seeing all the MIL posts.  I seriously can't stand my MIL. Thankfully she lives 3 hours away and we don't see her that often.  I also take pride in the fact that my family knows about Baby B and she isn't going to know for a good while yet :P

2. I hate being so fearful of this pg every single day. Analyzing my CM, poking my boobs to make sure they still hurt, taking ANOTHER HPT this morning to see those pink lines.  Last time I was so care free and just plain happy...but that didn't turn out well.

Married August 20th, 2005 to the love of my life.

1st BFP August 6th, 2010. Missed MC discovered at 13 weeks. 

2nd BFP January 5th, 2011. Beautiful Harper born September 28th, 2011.

3rd BFP March 15th, 2013. Treated with methotrexate for ectopic pg at 7 weeks.

4th BFP August 2nd, 2013. Sweet Micah born sleeping at 21 weeks with full T13. 5th BFP July 1st, 2014. Praying for a healthy, full term rainbow!

• imagelacey0482:

imagenatkay02:

Oooh, good one, and I agree. I'm sorry, but I enjoy reading the drama. Reminds me of TTGP and I get a few laughs out of it all!

& I think people that say they don't like it aren't being completely honest. (Well, except for the poor OP) Just look at the number of views on those threads!

I can honestly say that I don't like the below-the-belt drama that happens on this board. I find the debates/disagreements entertaining - but then sometimes it reaches a ..."Yeah?! Well, your fat!" sort of dynamic and my side eye comes in and I think I'm too old for this sh*t.

Other FFCF:

1) I lurk on BOTB - have for months - and I actually agree with a lot of things those women write.

2) I think people can post whenever and how often they want and not have to worry about their participation level.

3) Flame-free right? I don't think I'll be on TB much anymore. Not because I don't love you girls, but I kind of want to enjoy my pregnancy in real life and I feel like I obsess about it when I'm on the board every day.

IRL - Facebook makes me hate people.

• TB: I agree with Erma and Fanny.

IRL: This kid is just like Sarah, who was just like her parents, and apparently thinks farts are hilarious.  JFC I am so gassy and they are terrible.  I'm amazed the paint hasn't peeled off the walls. 

Also IRL, I really don't want to gain much of any weight this pregnancy.  I only gained about 23 pounds with Sarah but it was still really hard to lose.  I'm overweight to begin with and I am going to talk to my CNM about it, if possible.  I am ravenous right now but I still can't eat as much as I used to... I was dieting the last few months of 2010 and lost about 13.5 pounds.  It can be done safely if you already weigh more than you should and your healthcare provider OKs it, so I definitely want to talk to her about it. 

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • imageItalianGirl17:

Other FFCF:

1) I lurk on BOTB - have for months - and I actually agree with a lot of things those women write.

2) I think people can post whenever and how often they want and not have to worry about their participation level.

3) Flame-free right? I don't think I'll be on TB much anymore. Not because I don't love you girls, but I kind of want to enjoy my pregnancy in real life and I feel like I obsess about it when I'm on the board every day.

IRL - Facebook makes me hate people.

Same here.  Especially seeing all the baby announcements and "my baby is doing this now" comments. For a while I ended up blocking most everyone that was either KU or just had their baby.

Foster parents turned adoptive parents :)
    Adoptive daughter born 08/07/13... growing so fast
    BM due again end of March 2015 so any day!
    Bloggy blog
  • Flame free, right?   

TB: It makes me really sad to see all of the "lost babies/mc" posts where people say goodbye.  I don't want to read them because every time I do I get more anxious that something will go wrong with me and my pregnancy...and yet I can't help but open them and obsess.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bump burp. 'scuse me.

• I thought of another: my Coworker hums. Constantly. Makes me feel stabby.

• I hate the women who are all smug and condescending about doing things that are taboo and try and one up each other with it.

O you hate a deli meat sandwich last night?  Well I had a whole glass of wine and some sushi!!  I win!

It drives me insane. I also hate how they will talk down to other women who don't feel comfortable doing such things while pregnant.  I know every woman/pregnancy are different as are doctor recommendations so why does it matter??

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • TB:  All the people lamenting the fact that they just don't feel pregnant and have no symptoms!  You will regret wishing for m/s. Especially since it seems that most people are going to get an U/S between 6-10 weeks which lets you see the baby and that it's all right--here they don't do early u/s unless medically indicated so i have to wait till 20 weeks!

IRL:  Everyone who gives me the side-eye for eating like a 5 year old...all this baby has decided it likes is beef and cheese in the forms of very unhealthy, fried, and fatty foods.  I'm not arguing since the other more healthy foods make me want to hurl!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Girl: 2014/4/25  K: Born 2012/02/20
    BFP 12/31/2010; missed m/c @ 6w1d, medical m/c(Misoprostol)@ 13w2d.    My Blog

• imagenatkay02:
    I thought of another: my Coworker hums. Constantly. Makes me feel stabby.

One of the guys that works in environmental in my hospital does this.  EVERY friggin' time I see him, he is humming the same measure over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.  Oh, and the one note is ALWAYS off-tune.  Jesus crime fighting Christ.

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • imagecamdenfaithful:

I hate the women who are all smug and condescending about doing things that are taboo and try and one up each other with it.

O you hate a deli meat sandwich last night?  Well I had a whole glass of wine and some sushi!!  I win!

It drives me insane. I also hate how they will talk down to other women who don't feel comfortable doing such things while pregnant.  I know every woman/pregnancy are different as are doctor recommendations so why does it matter??

?? Where does this happen? That's just strange to brag about.

~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I feel like I don't have a whole lot to contribute to the board since I am prety much as clueless as the next person, so I don't post that often =(  BUT....I would really hate to fall into the "does this newbie not have a clue that what she is posting" category either.   sigh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"