Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What baby gym are you using???

Does anyone have recommendations for a baby gym?  I want to get one but I am not sure what one to get?

TIA

Re: What baby gym are you using???

• We've got the Ocean Wonders Kick n Crawl gym by fisher Price. image

https://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2002&e=product&pid=49716&ncat=thumbnail&pcat=bgtoys

We like it because:

it's good for back time & the toys come down & attach to the mat for tummy time as well.

When he's older & doesn't care about it so much, the mat attaches to the arches & turns into a fun little tunnel for him to play in.

It isn't chock full of stuff for him to be overstimulated by. So many of the baby play gyms just seem like they're way too much for a little guy to take in. We used to have a little area rug/blanket thing that was shaped like a lion that we would let him play on. He would kick & stare for hours at a time. And since we bought this, he seems to get tired out more easily. Even the 2 seemingly simple toys & the archway get a little too stimulating for him. And all those colours!

We do really like it though, and he seems to enjoy batting the toys around & kicking the little ball on the end as well. The only downside is that it tires him out a lot faster than not having a playgym.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tiny Love Gymni
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
    baby einstein neptune ocean adventure gym. He likes it so far. And ditto to what PP said about overstimulation. We use the mat only and sometimes add one toy.
  • I am looking for the same one I had with my son- we didn't think we were going to have anymore kids and I gave it away. We had a baby einstein one that has a light up star that hangs in the center(not sure of the actual name). The reason why I loved it so much is because you can set the star to be child activated.  When LO moves the lights tuen on and it plays music. So when son would start to fuss, and would wiggle-the star would kick on and he immediately would stop fussing and watch the lights on the star and start "talking" to it.
  • TTC #2 since 09/2016
    BFP 11/29 - m/c @ 5w
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Tiny Love Gimini. I did some research on Amazon and a lot of people seemed to love it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We use the same one and DS loves it!  Worth every penny
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"