2nd Trimester

Switching OB's late in the game.

I'm curious if anyone has done this, and when? I'll be 26 weeks on Saturday and I'm just not happy with my docs. I want to start looking elsewhere, but IDK if it's too late to do it.
Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
Baby #4; 7/7/2018

Re: Switching OB's late in the game.

• If you are unhappy I would, 26 weeks isnt that late, you have probably only gone to yours what like 5 times? You could go to the new OB and see what their though is on you switching. I think I would go for it especially if you have had an uneventful pregnancy.  I have had a couple friends that moved around 30 weeks and had to get new docs and it wasnt a big deal.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SWITCH! Just think, you only see your OB once a month now. Pretty soon it will be every 2 weeks and then every week. Also this is who is going to be in the delivery room with you. So if you are unhappy I would def switch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecynnnabun:
    I'm curious if anyone has done this, and when? I'll be 26 weeks on Saturday and I'm just not happy with my docs. I want to start looking elsewhere, but IDK if it's too late to do it.

I am in the process of switching Dr's. You just have to call around and make sure the Dr. you want is taking new patients, then you will have to get your medical records from you current Dr. faxed to your new one. That process for me is taking 10 days, but I'm sure it will different for you. Good luck!

Marley Soledad
    4/20/2011
    Photobucket
    Esma: I'll turn him into a flea. A harmless little flea. Then Ill put that flea in a box. And put that box inside another box. Mail that box to myself. And when it arrives. ILL SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER. Its brilliant, brilliant, brilliant I tell you. Genius I say.
    Or to save on postage. Ill poison him with this.
  • I don't think it's ever too late to change doctors if you're unhappy. Go for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerickandcaitlin:
    SWITCH! Just think, you only see your OB once a month now. Pretty soon it will be every 2 weeks and then every week. Also this is who is going to be in the delivery room with you. So if you are unhappy I would def switch.

Ugh, good point! I can't imagine seeing his face and attitude every. single. week.

Defintiely switching. Thanks ladies!

Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
    Baby #4; 7/7/2018
  • Yeah I just switched OBs. I am much happier now. I feel much more comfortable and feel that the new doctors are a lot nicer then my old place.
  • Do it! It's not like you are married to them...lol. With my first, I went to the same OB for my whole pregnancy, and then got delivered by a stranger because she was on vacation. With this one, I'm moving to Florida when I'm around 30 weeks, so I'll have to switch. Good luck to you!
  • I switched at 19 weeks because of a move. It sucks! They requested my records because of all the early blood tests and I had an early glucose test and they still haven't received it and its been 6 weeks. I ended up having to do all of the initial bloodwork again. I had to tell them so much about what went on early in my pregnancy. What my pre-pregnancy weight was, when I was due, any problems or complications I had (sub-chorionic hemorrhage, retroverted uterus) and even how far along I am.

With that being said, if you are truly unhappy with your doc then I would switch again. Just make sure your old office gives you your records or sends them to your new doc. Stay on top of that.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • No, it isn't too late.  At this point, most docs that are taking new patients will take you on.  Most times, they are concerned with the prenatal care that you have previously had.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I switched at 30 wks, and my friend switched at 35 wks.  It's definitely not too late for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"