Infertility

Compassionate Care...feeling overwhelmed

I'm feeling very overwhelmed.

Today I sent in my application finally.  It was 32 pages long, including tax returns, pay stubs, letter to them, birth certificate and insurance information.

They just called and to take into consideration how much I've spent they need copies of all bills and receipts/cancelled checks.  I had 37 appointments alone to the RE and 21 appointments for acupuncture, not including all the prescriptions I paid for.  I know I haven't been diligent about my acupuncture receipts since my FSA stopped asking for the receipts, I know they're probably in a bajillion places around the house at this point.  I understand they need it, I guess I'm just feeling a little defeated at the moment trying to figure out how to get all this done.

They also told me that they can't make a decision until they know if I'm going to do TI or an IUI, which DH and I decided over this past weekend that we wanted to ask the RE if we could do an IUI this time but obviously I can't ask the RE that until AF shows up.  They won't want to dicuss it at this point (I'm 10dpo and supposed to test on 1/25).

I just feel rushed.  My RE's nurse told me last week to go ahead and send this paperwork in and now it's like I won't be able to dicuss the IUI thing until next week when (if) AF shows and then it will be too late probably.  I mean how quickly do they do this?  I can't just wait until next cycle because I don't get AF on my own and I don't seem to have a good response to meds the first cycle after Provera anyways.

I don't have any questions, I guess I'm just kinda using this as my place to freak out about this for the moment and move on.  I suppose I'll just take this one day at a time and work on getting all paperwork together tonight and faxing it tomorrow...should be close to 100 pages....

If you made it this far...thank you.

TTC #1 since June 2008
M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Compassionate Care...feeling overwhelmed

• And really, it's my own fault for trying to be so confident that the Femara would work for us.  The RE wanted to do the Gonal back in October and I just wasn't mentally ready for that.  I'd probably have already handled all this and started this medication by now if I hadn't been so stubborn.
     TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • All I can say is you are not alone in the frustration and feeling overwhelmed. TIGHT HUG. It will all work out. Just take one day at a time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • You feel overwhelmed because this is an overwhelming process!!!!  Hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Take a deep breath and hang in there.  IF is so stressful and overwhelming on so many levels.

((hugs))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is a huge process in addition to the IF stress we all have.  Can you call your acupuncturist and get a list of your visits with pays?  I know a lot of them keep records like that for tax purposes, etc. since a lot of patients call for them.  It doesn't hurt to try.  At least this will take a little stress off you.  Thinking of you!  ((HUGS))
    *SAIF* always welcome
    TTC since October 2007
    Dx with Unexplained IF
    IUI #1-3 w/clomid: Jan-March 2010...BFN
    IUI #4 w/injectables: April 2010...BFP
    1st u/s: 5/17-one little perfect hb@7w2d, 2nd u/s: 6/5-no hb@10w;
    missed miscarriage: 6/10 d&c
    IUI #5-7 w/injectables: Sept 2010-Jan 2011...BFFN
    IVF #1: Feb/March 2011...pretty please let this work!!!!

Expecting twin boys!!!!! Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"