2nd Trimester

I will tell you the truth about your name choice

I will not sugar coat it and I will type the first thing that comes to mind.

I know some people don't want unsolicited opinions, but I feel I must open this option up for people.  I'm looking at a few names on here and thinking "PLEASE don't name your child that...has no one told them how it sounds?"

If you can take the critique, post the name in here.

Re: I will tell you the truth about your name choice

• Okay so far (we are still deciding) the only name DH and I have agreed on is Evelyn May.

However I am still pushing for Harper.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll bite.  Lila May if it's a girl, Jakob Isaiah if it's a boy.  We're team green, and these are my current top picks.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • i'm just throwing the option out there...hoping a few aren't pansies
  • Here are our names, let me know....

Audrey Lynn

Brooklyn Grace

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Fine, I'll bite!

LO will be James Ryland.  But he is going to go by Ryland.  (James is the first name of DH, his father, his father's father, his father's father's father, etc.  DH also goes by his middle name).

While you are at it, what do you think of my DS #1 name?  Asher Jacob. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Photobucket
  • imageCTGirl30:

Neveah Jayden Cadence. I luv it b/c it's sooooooooooo uneek! Did you know Neaveah is Heaven spelled backwards?????

I am looking fwd to seeing if anyone actually bites on this one...

Oh my goodness, I am cracking up!  My cousin (who is more than a little messed up) Facebook messaged me the other day asking me to please name the baby Nevaeh (because, if I couldn't tell, it was heaven spelled backwards).  She said it's the prettiest name she has ever heard and proceeded to link me to pictures of babies named Nevaeh.  

You can tell me how much you hate our baby name if you want!  Alexis Ruby (Ruby is still up for debate, we have another MN we're leaning towards).  We picked it because we both love the name Lexi.  My favorite name was, and still is, Larkin.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Love Evelyn, love May or Mae as a middle name, Lila is my daughter's name so I Obiviously love that (warning: people WILL pronounce it "Lillah")

Jakob jebediah will constantly be asked if he's Amish, then it will be followed by the "we need new genes" joke

• OK, we're going with Logan Alexander (yes I'm aware of how popular Logan has become)

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like your opinions. 

So....Cecilia Ann 

Go!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Charles Edward Jr., after my husband.  It was something he requested years ago.
  • I'll be interested to see if anyone actually bites on this too... Its one thing to ask for advice when some of us are stuck between a few choices but I don't know if someone would want a name bashed that they already have their heart set on.  I could handle the critique though : )

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is a fun post- I'll play along. DH and I aren't choosing a name until we see her and see what she looks like. (Did this with DS and like it bc if people feel the need to hate on our name they are pretty much hating on the baby associated with the name which makes them look like major a$$hats)  :) 

Ruby

Hadley

Grace

Lydia

We don't LOVE any of these, they are just ones that haven't been vetod yet. Feel free to suggest the "perfect" name too! :)

• I love Lila May it is so cute. The only thing is Jacob (or Jakob) is really popular right now. You may want to consider that, but I do love both your name choices.
  • Ryland and Asher will need to go to high-end prep schools, but they'll be fine.

Not a fan of Brooklyn, it will always and forever be a city where dwellers have a heavy accent.

Alexis...you e doomed to a future of PRINCESS bedazzled on her trackpants. 

• Marley Soledad

I am a huge Bob Marley fan, and ever since I saw I Am Legend I thought it was a great idea to name my daughter Marley as well.

Soledad is my middle name and was my grandmother's middle name.

Marley Soledad
    4/20/2011
    Photobucket
    Esma: I'll turn him into a flea. A harmless little flea. Then Ill put that flea in a box. And put that box inside another box. Mail that box to myself. And when it arrives. ILL SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER. Its brilliant, brilliant, brilliant I tell you. Genius I say.
    Or to save on postage. Ill poison him with this.
  • I'm bored, so I'll play. I'll even give you my two outside kid's names as well. Have fun!

Caleb Austin

Holden James

Lorelai Grace

And, since you are the name guru, I'm interested to know your choices.

• WALSH GET YOUR OWN THREAD

'I love the names Logan, Grace, Audrey, Leah, and a bunch of others i just saw, the only one i wasn't a fan of was Hadley (reminds me of the band Hedley and they're aweful)

• image*LisaFrank*:

I like your opinions. 

So....Cecilia Ann 

Go!

Ann with no "e" is just so incomplete :-)

I like Cecilia.

Kathy...I would look around your area to see if Logan is going unisex/girl in your area. It is almost exclusively used on girls where I live. BIL is vexed by this...is name is Logan and there is a girl running around our town with his exact name, first and last, ugh!  

• imagesamfish2bcrab:

LOL!  Oh well, Lexi's still her name.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagesamfish2bcrab:

Ryland and Asher will need to go to high-end prep schools, but they'll be fine.

Not a fan of Brooklyn, it will always and forever be a city where dwellers have a heavy accent.

LOL, my DD is Alexis and she would be the one with princess bedazzled on her track pants while beating up another kid. 

• imageDexter2011:

Marley Soledad

I am a huge Bob Marley fan, and ever since I saw I Am Legend I thought it was a great idea to name my daughter Marley as well.

Soledad is my middle name and was my grandmother's middle name.

Not usually my style, but my first reaction was LOVE.   I also love Bob Marley, but the Soledad is what clinched it.

Our choices so far for Baby #2 are James Andrew or Julia/Cate/Charlotte/ Jennifer (Jennifer is a family/friend tribute)

Lila's middle name is Quinn

• imagePattypoundcake:
    image*LisaFrank*:

I like your opinions. 

So....Cecilia Ann 

Go!

I like Cecilia.

My grandmother had to go all janky and name my mom with no "e" in her middle name.  My MIL's middle name is Anne though. We might go with the "e" anyway.

• I will come out of lurking to take the bait ...

We are naming our daughter Eleanor Olivia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Me: 28, DH: 33
    Conceived DD in <1yr w/o assistance
    TTC#2 since 11/2013
    DX: PCOS
    Benched pending conf of Rubella immunity
    Next Cycle: CLOMID round 1

• imagemarcierin:

I'm bored, so I'll play. I'll even give you my two outside kid's names as well. Have fun!

Caleb Austin

Holden James

Lorelai Grace

I like 'emn, but please don't let her be called Lori.  

• imagePattypoundcake:
    image*LisaFrank*:

I like your opinions. 

So....Cecilia Ann 

Go!

I like Cecilia.

Kathy...I would look around your area to see if Logan is going unisex/girl in your area. It is almost exclusively used on girls where I live. BIL is vexed by this...is name is Logan and there is a girl running around our town with his exact name, first and last, ugh!  

Def a boys name around here :) I'm sure he will bump into a couple girls named Logan in the future but it's OK there are plenty of names that are unisex.

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • LOL I forgot to put down my name while compulsively and uncontrollably judging others. 

Our girl name is Lila Elaine.

Boy name: Baby Boy Lastname. We will be divorced if this child is a boy, or he will have to be named Jack just like #1 was.  

• I like Eleanor, I think, it feels big for a little baby but obviously she'll grown into it.....Eleanor....yes, i like it.
  • OKay, tell me what you think even though I'm pretty sure what you will say.

Campbell Grayson will be his name. I know I know it's the name of soup but I still love it.

• imageRGWalsh:

Okay so far (we are still deciding) the only name DH and I have agreed on is Evelyn May.

However I am still pushing for Harper.

Harper was my girl name!  They even told me girl and I was calling little bub that for awhile, until 2nd U/S!

So I came up with Barrett James.  Opinion?

• DS #1's name is James Russell

I'm thinking Ryan Theodore for DS #2...I just like Ryan and Theodore is my grandfather's middle name.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesamfish2bcrab:

WALSH GET YOUR OWN THREAD

I was just offering my opinion. I thought all opinions were welcome here. No need to get all pissy.

• imagetaralp25:
    imageCTGirl30:

Neveah Jayden Cadence. I luv it b/c it's sooooooooooo uneek! Did you know Neaveah is Heaven spelled backwards?????

I am looking fwd to seeing if anyone actually bites on this one...

Too weird...my husband's little cousins are named Jaden and Cadence, brother and sister.  I had never heard the name Cadence before she came along but I think its beautiful.  I'm not in love with the name Jaden because I know a few but I think your name is cute!

oh...oh dear.

• imagesamfish2bcrab:
    imagemarcierin:

I'm bored, so I'll play. I'll even give you my two outside kid's names as well. Have fun!

Caleb Austin

Holden James

Lorelai Grace

I like 'emn, but please don't let her be called Lori.  

I think you and I have very similar opinions on names. I have dared anyone to try and shorten it. No Lori, Laura, Lora....her name will be Lorelai.

And, I love all of your name choices.

• I can take it...lol. It won't sway me either way I don't think, but its nice to here other opinions!

Boy: Carson Bryant

Girl: I really like Isla. But I wanted to use a family middle name, Lenore, so I had planned on using Olivia Lenore, but suddenly I am just not a fan. Mainly b/c Lenore rhymes with our last name and I'm just not a huge fan of Olivia anymore. LOL.

So Isla is all I've got. Maybe Isla Claire.

<3 DCRider
    Baby girl due 1/22/14!

• OK, here goes my name choice:

Giselle Amaryllis

I've always loved the name Giselle...Amaryllis is my mother's favorite flower & it also reminds me of my grandmother's garden in Puerto Rico, she had various colors of amaryllis in her garden.  I know the name is kind of long, but that's what I like and I am sticking with it!Stick out tongue 

• Names are tough for us.  DD is Devon Kathleen (MN after my mom).  If we have another girl we're thinking Brianna Maureen (MN after dh's deceased mom).  For th boy name we're going with Jacob Michael (MN same as dh's).  I know it's super popular but truth be told I don't currently know any Jacobs and although I did have one in my day care group a few years back. I also like Connor. Owen is another favorite of mine but we already have a cousin named Owen and are really picky about repeating names.
  • Kai Nicholas

Kai means ocean, hubby is a surfer and we are beach bums and my middle name is Nicole in which we chose Nicholas!

Lets hear it!

• Maddox will forever be tied to Angelina Jolie who's (at least for now) tied to Brad Pitt and I will always be Team Aniston.   So I'm sorry, i cannot approve of that name.  Also, I can't make fun of dead people's names.

I like soup.  Especially mushroom.  yes, i eat cream of crap

I like Barrett a lot and considered it, but I wouldn't be able to cope with a kid named Barry.  

• Dominic Warner H_______. This is the first and only time I am putting this up for critic so make it good. :D
  • I'm thinking Alyssa Michelle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"