Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

UO Thursday?

this should be fun.....Stick out tongue

mine:  i can't stand when interviews are done of new celebrity parents and all of the pics are of them in pjs with full makeup and hair done and they are lounging in their beds....completely unrealistic and fake looking.  so odd to me.

and go...!

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash

Re: UO Thursday?

• I love this one!  And they're always in satin pjs too.  If it wasn't cotton and washable, it didn't come near me when we had newborns!  I don't think I put makeup on until I went out for my 6 week check up either, LOL!

Mine:  I don't get taking smash cake photos BEFORE the birthday party.  I always thought that was something done at the party, not staged in a photo studio beforehand for invitations.  I think it takes away from the smash cake at the party.  It's already been done and you have pictures of it.  Why do it again?

• Princess is a dog's name. Or a title for a royal. I cringe a little when people refer to their daughter as "princess."

• Loading the player...
  • I can't stand when people call their baby "baby girl"...it just sounds ghetto to me. I'm referring to this particular girl on my facebook who always says stuff like "snuggling up with my boo and baby girl"....its so annoying. And literally every facebook status is about her son and her daughter, who isn't born yet btw. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekimberlyk921:
    I can't stand when people call their baby "baby girl"...it just sounds ghetto to me. I'm referring to this particular girl on my facebook who always says stuff like "snuggling up with my boo and baby girl"....its so annoying. And literally every facebook status is about her son and her daughter, who isn't born yet btw. 

i always call P 'baby girl'....Wink.  but i think "boo" sounds ghetto.

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • When people refer to their unborn child by name, it makes me cringe a little.  I think it's a superstitious thing.  I don't want to know the name until the baby is born.

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• imagejonnygurl76:

this should be fun.....Stick out tongue

mine:  i can't stand when interviews are done of new celebrity parents and all of the pics are of them in pjs with full makeup and hair done and they are lounging in their beds....completely unrealistic and fake looking.  so odd to me.

and go...!

I wonder what the Nanny looks like. She's the one that's doing all of the real work, like getting up all night long.

Mine: On that note, I've never understood celebrity worship. Most of them are no talent schmucks. Kendra, for example. Why the hell do women adore her? She's about as sharp as a marshmallow.

• imagejonnygurl76:

imagekimberlyk921:
    I can't stand when people call their baby "baby girl"...it just sounds ghetto to me. I'm referring to this particular girl on my facebook who always says stuff like "snuggling up with my boo and baby girl"....its so annoying. And literally every facebook status is about her son and her daughter, who isn't born yet btw. 

It could most likely be this girl that is annoying to me. Btw I love your daughters name, Piper was on my girls list :) 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBelleBaby:

Mine:  I don't get taking smash cake photos BEFORE the birthday party.  I always thought that was something done at the party, not staged in a photo studio beforehand for invitations.  I think it takes away from the smash cake at the party.  It's already been done and you have pictures of it.  Why do it again?

I agree. I don't get it either. And (I've posted this before) I think smash cake pictures of LO's with their shirt off are tacky. its the kids birthday, who cares if they get their shirt dirty? bring another one. and FTR, it won't get ruined.. ds got his shirt covered in royal blue icing and i didn't wash it for 2 weeks. it still came out just fine :P  

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• imagejonnygurl76:

imagekimberlyk921:

I say baby girl and Princess... it just happened... When I talk about her I use her name... 

• imagekimberlyk921:
    I can't stand when people call their baby "baby girl"...it just sounds ghetto to me

Oooh, I hate that too.  Equally annoying, my MIL has had two dogs "Baby Girl."  Both cocker spaniels, both the same color.  I could understand a little if it was a coping mechanism for a dog dying, I know people do that a lot.  But, they gave #1 away and two years later #2 wandered up as a stray and adopted them.  #1 came with that name, #2 was named by my MIL

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • I don't like the Oprah Winfrey show, I think Oprah is annoying.
    Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
  • imageVuja_de:
    I don't like the Oprah Winfrey show, I think Oprah is annoying.

will you be my new BFF?

i don't like Oprah either.  

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• imageVuja_de:

ITA!! -

• imageVuja_de:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!

I think she has a God complex. Too much money is a bad thing.

• imageVuja_de:

YES!!!!

• I don't like it when people call their pets their kids... drives me nuts!

I also don't like unisex names... or last names as first names... 

• imagesasky:
    When people refer to their unborn child by name, it makes me cringe a little.  I think it's a superstitious thing.  I don't want to know the name until the baby is born.
    Are you Jewish, by any chance?

For me, I think it's cute. The baby IS a person. With a name. And, heaven forbid something happens, that baby has a name. And that baby deserves to be called by his/her name. (assuming the baby has a name....some people wait till after delivery to name them...)

• I think people with babies or who are pregnant with their first have no business giving people with older children advice. I also think if you have been a step-mom for 2 minutes you also don't get to give parenting advice (this goes to my cousin who tries to tell me how to do things with my girls)

[color=#FF0000]Mom to 5 girls 23,22,18,9,7 and one sweet Wonderboy almost 4[/color]
    The Chaos of Six!
  • No offense to Kit and all her hard work, but I think the off board is going to become innundated with AEs and implode, just like TB if it's as open to all as it's been advertised.  GL and I love you Kit. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hate red nail polish...fugly!

I don't like when people call their daughters 'momma'...wtf...she is your child, not your mom!!! 

• I think Donnie Whalberg is better looking now then back in his NKOTB days.
  • imageCatyBee:

imageVuja_de:

A. The Guy Fierrie (sp?) quote is hilarious!

B. She absolutely does, and why does she have to fvcking yell all of the time?

• imagekimberlyk921:

I hate when people say my kid.  Why not say, my son or daughter?!

• imageLopo:

imagekimberlyk921:

That bothers me too.

• imageVuja_de:
    imageCatyBee:

imageVuja_de:

A. The Guy Fierrie (sp?) quote is hilarious!

B. She absolutely does, and why does she have to fvcking yell all of the time?

We couldn't even watch the Discovery Channel's "Life" series because she was the narrator...her voice makes my skin crawl!

• I guess my opinion is actually the unpopular one. I love Oprah! Love her! I think she's done wonderful things with her money and power. Does she think pretty highly of herself? Probably. She's worked her as$ off to get what she has. It's pretty hard to stay grounded when you've accomplished so much. You have to be confident to be successful. You also have to be tough. Would she be my best friend? Probably not, but I think her positives outweigh her negatives by a mile.
  • image1SwtWld:
    No offense to Kit and all her hard work, but I think the off board is going to become innundated with AEs and implode, just like TB if it's as open to all as it's been advertised.  GL and I love you Kit. 

Difference is, if active posters are moderators with the ability to remove posts and ban then no one has to sit for days with hate filled cruel AE's posting mean remarks about their kids. I'm sure that at any given time one of us would be online and able to keep that kind of mean crap from happening. TB is virtually useless when it comes to policing it's own threads.

• imagekatiekate1974:
    imagesasky:
    When people refer to their unborn child by name, it makes me cringe a little.  I think it's a superstitious thing.  I don't want to know the name until the baby is born.

For me, I think it's cute. The baby IS a person. With a name. And, heaven forbid something happens, that baby has a name. And that baby deserves to be called by his/her name. (assuming the baby has a name....some people wait till after delivery to name them...)

No, I'm not Jewish.  I just don't like it.

• imageLopo:

imagekimberlyk921:

Because he IS my kid.

• I hate baby sweaters.  They look incredibly pretentious to me.  DH's relative gave us one with matching booties.  I donated it.

Toddlers can wear sweaters, but not the ones that button or tie like jackets.  I think those look stupid and way too adult like for little kids. 

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • imagesasky:

ITA!

• imagesasky:
    imagekatiekate1974:
    imagesasky:

Oh, that's just a very Jewish thing (they don't do baby showers, etc before the birth for that reason)

However, given what one of our members is going through right now, I think posting this opinion was incredibly insensitive.

• imagekimberlyk921:
    imagejonnygurl76:

imagekimberlyk921:

It could most likely be this girl that is annoying to me. Btw I love your daughters name, Piper was on my girls list :) 

thanks!!  we love it too!

• imagenolebride:
    I guess my opinion is actually the unpopular one. I love Oprah! Love her! I think she's done wonderful things with her money and power. Does she think pretty highly of herself? Probably. She's worked her as$ off to get what she has. It's pretty hard to stay grounded when you've accomplished so much. You have to be confident to be successful. You also have to be tough. Would she be my best friend? Probably not, but I think her positives outweigh her negatives by a mile.

i love her too.  i love that she expects 100% from everyone around her and those that work for her....she got where she is by working her ass off.  i also love her channel OWN....i could care less about it taking over the Discovery Health Ch. 

• imagekatiekate1974:
    imageLopo:

imagekimberlyk921:

Because he IS my kid.

I always say "my kid/kids." I'm laughing that this is considered hate-worthy.

• imageCatyBee:

imageVuja_de:

YES!! 

• imagekatiekate1974:
    imagesasky:
    imagekatiekate1974:
    imagesasky:

Oh, that's just a very Jewish thing (they don't do baby showers, etc before the birth for that reason)

However, given what one of our members is going through right now, I think posting this opinion was incredibly insensitive.

It wasn't directed at any member in particular.  There are many bumpies who post the names of their unborn children.  It's just a general opinion, and I guess that's why it's a UO.

If it came off as insensitive, I did not intend for that and I apologize.

• I love food shows, but I can't watch shows like Man vs. Food. I always think about how many hungry people those giant meals could feed.  Yesterday I saw a little bit of an episode where the "challenge" was to eat a 6 pound burrito.  Really!?!?  That could feed like 6 people or more.  It is just so gluttonous (if that is a word) to me.  Makes me sad.  That's all!  :)
  • imageMrs.Hizzo:
    imagekatiekate1974:
    imageLopo:

imagekimberlyk921:

Because he IS my kid.

I always say "my kid/kids." I'm laughing that this is considered hate-worthy.

I said I hate when people say...not that I hate people who say it.  See the difference?

• I hate the word "pop", for soda. Makes my skin crawl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"