2nd Trimester

Need your opinion!

What do you think about this changing table? We want an inexpensive one that doesn't take up much space..

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40147335

Re: Need your opinion!

• I am not a fan of Ikea furniture. I feel like its all very flimsy and unreliable. I would be cautious of that with a little one. 
  • I probably wouldnt spend $80 on it to be honest. Do you have a low enough dresser you can throw a changing pad/cushion on? If we werent doing that, honestly, I would probably just use the floor and have a small basket of supplies.
    My friend gave us their unused changing pad/cushion for our dresser because she just uses the floor. Not the most glam - but it works!

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • It's really cute, but it doesn't look sturdy and/or reliable.

We bought a crib that has the changing table attached to it. So much cheaper going that direction than to buy them separate.  Smile

• It doesn't look very sturdy at all. Plus, if you are going to fold it up and put it away after each changing then it would be time consuming also. We are just using a dresser with a changing pad on top of it. It works just the same. Have you thought on looking online for people who don't want theirs anymore. I have seen several who are just giving theirs away for free because they are done with kids. They are smaller then normal.

Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 
  • Personally I think changing tables are an unnecessary expense. I think it is alot easyer to change the baby where they lay lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have seen those in person and they really aren't sturdy and won't be good past a certain age. I would try a low dresser and make it multitask. We also have a small place so I feel your pain. 

(Oh and not all Ikea furniture is rickety, I adore some of our stuff!)  

• I usually love Ikea stuff but I'm not a huge fan of this.  It doesn't look very stready and safe to me.  And I think baby would outgrow it pretty quickly--definitely wouldn't last until he/she is potty trained.
  • A neighbor of mine had this and she had to stop using it when the baby was about 4 months old.  She wasn't comfortable using it anymore because it was not sturdy.
  • To be honest I have been told that a change table is a total waste of money!  You end up changing your baby everywhere from the crib, to the floor, to the couch!  Just get a changing pad and that way you can change them anywhere!  It is much cheaper!   You can spend the money on the other 100's of things you need for baby!
  • imagealafan:
    To be honest I have been told that a change table is a total waste of money!  You end up changing your baby everywhere from the crib, to the floor, to the couch!  Just get a changing pad and that way you can change them anywhere!  It is much cheaper!   You can spend the money on the other 100's of things you need for baby!

I completely agree with this! Everyone has told me don't waste your time or money with a changing table. I like PP's idea to use a low dresser to multitask. Its something you can always use, whereas you may use your changing table for a week (if that).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"