1st Trimester

freaking out---i just ate ants in my cereal :o( help!

Do you think this could hurt baby? 

I was just eating my cheerios, looking at the computer screen.   I had almost finished the whole bowl when I looked down to see about 3 teeny tiny ants floating in the cereal (we live in India--it's a problem here!).  I'm pretty sure I must have eaten some.  What do you think?  :o(  I'm so concerned.   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: freaking out---i just ate ants in my cereal :o( help!

• I'm sure you and baby are fine. Were they just small black ants or fire ants?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Extra protein :-) Honestly its probably fine. You eat more bugs than you realize.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejessicaclare:
    Extra protein :-) Honestly its probably fine. You eat more bugs than you realize.

This.  Lots of people eat bugs.  I don't, but I'm picky.  :-)  I'm sure you are feeling icky right now, but I really wouldn't worry!

• Thanks for responding!  It's reassuring.  I am more concerned about them being dirty/carrying bacteria (India is dirtier and germ-ier than the US) than carrying diseases.  Yikes.  Yuck.  :o(

No, they weren't fire ants, just teeny tiny little ants--looked almost like pepper flakes in my cereal.   

I know someone who will be throwing out all the cereal and buying storage containers! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I cant imagine how it would hurt you but if this makes you feel any better- about 5 years ago I got those tiny sugar ants in my townhouse.  They were in cereal, honey, and anything else sweet.  It all had to be thrown out and from then on - all that was kept in the refrigerator.  I'm pretty sure me and my room mate ate ants during that time.  lol  We had no ill effects that I know of.

In India, Id be more concerned with food poisoning (if you are a westerner).  Both times when I was there I had all the fun food posioning has to offer. Joyful!

• Just out of curiousity, are you an american living in India? I only ask because my husband and I are currently living in Indonesia working at the Embassy and I was nervous about getting pregnant here, though I will go back to the states to deliver. Just wanted to know if you are in a similiar situation : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"