February 2011 Moms

Dilation and effacement?

I'm just trying to see where everyone else is (or rather, where I am on the continuum of normal), since I'm a first time mom.

I'm 37 weeks today, and 1-2 cm dilated; 75% effaced.  

And that vag exam made me reconsider my plan to have no pain meds, LOL. 

Mom to a beautiful boy and girl!

Re: Dilation and effacement?

• I am 0 & 0! Sad  But she is head down... And yes the exam was painful, I will be getting an epidural!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic baby development
  • At my last appointment on Thursday I was 3 cm and 40% effaced still.  I'm hoping for some change this week. We'll find out Thursday.

And yes those internals are not the most pleasant thing.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • At my last l&d trip I was 3cm, 50%, and -1 station. She likes it low, low, low, low low...
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • I am 35 weeks. (had my 35/35 yesterday YAY) but at my appt. last week I was 1 cm an about 25% effaced.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am 35 weeks, and had my appt today.  I am 1cm and 50% effaced :) glad things are getting started in there :)
  • imageTiffanyTheMom:
    At my last l&d trip I was 3cm, 50%, and -1 station. She likes it low, low, low, low low...
    LOL! You repeat moms have all the luck! I'm hoping I open up a bit faster for the subsequent ones.
    Mom to a beautiful boy and girl!
  • At my 34 week appointment I was at 0,0. LOL. We will get to see if there is any change at my 36 week appointment next week.
    My life is so full of love! Lilypie First Birthday tickers Surviving The Wyoming Wind
  • @ 35 weeks 3cm 50% effaced, -3 station.

i go back on friday to see where i am now =)

imageimage

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My doc hasn't checked me at all yet, so all I know is LO is head down.  I thought I was missing out a little at first, but seeing as how you can be partially dilated and effaced for weeks before labor, I don't think I'd like knowing and having this false hope that delivery is soon.  I will enjoy being in the dark (at least until the end of the week when I have my next appt)!
  • I went last Friday. 1.5cm, 70% effaced and he's at +1 Sad

I just wish he would drop already...

• I got checked yesterday and I was 3cm and 80% effaced.  It didn't hurt at all.
  • At  34 wks, I was a loose 2 cm and 50% effaced, but I have had no internal since to see how I'm progressing.  I would expect to be at 3 cm and further effaced if I had been checked today as I expected.

imageimageimage
  • At  34 wks, I was a loose 2 cm and 50% effaced, but I have had no internal since to see how I'm progressing.  I would expect to be at 3 cm and further effaced if I had been checked today as I expected.

imageimageimage
  • I just came back from appt and I'm 1-2cm dilated, 50% effaced, and he hasn't dropped yet. At least I had SOME progress. Last week I was still 0% effaced. Yay!
  • 0,0  :(  My internal didn't hurt at all though.
  • So jealous of those of you with non-zero numbers to report!  My 1st internal is next Monday and I just know I will get zeroes. 

• On Monday I was 2cm, 75% and 0 station. I was 1-2/50% the week before. Been walking and doing a ton of housework and squats today to encourage him to get things started on his own tonight.
  • Today, at 38 weeks, I'm 2cm and 70% effaced.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • At my appt yesterday they asked if I wanted to be checked, but I really didn't feel a need haha

I probably will next week because I'll be 38 w but even then I'm not so sure... I get disappointed so easily... so if I'm like 1 cm then and still 1 cm when I go into labor I'll be one seriously depressed cookie.

imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    College Mom
  • I had my 36 week 3 day appointment today and I am not yet dilated, but already at 0 station and 70% effaced. My doctor said that if she poked around in there anymore that she could get me dilated but she said why do that since I still have 3.5 weeks to go. Baby was VERY low as well. Doctor said that she was surprised how low baby is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"