Babies: 9 - 12 Months

When will you/did you stop feeding purees?

We are still feeding Reece purees with some "real" food from time to time. I am not sure how long to keep going with the purees. My aunt got us 9 cases of purees at Christmas for $1 a case. Needless to say, we won't run out of them any time soon...

So... when did/are you stopping purees?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When will you/did you stop feeding purees?

• I would love to start transitioning to more "real" foods in the next couple of months. DD still gags when I give her food with more texture.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are pretty much done with them. Once we use this round up I'm not sure if we will buy any more.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Around 10 months I was still using some dinner meals in puree and some fruits.  At 11 months I stopped the dinner meals in puree.  The only puree we still use on occasion is fruits. 
  • we are using the last of ours up now and my DS is already chewing (even with only two front teeth) so we are just being overly cautious and giving him table food with a watchful eye.
  • I'll probably keep giving fruit purees mixed with cereal or spread on toast, waffles, etc., for a few more months, but we're starting to transition to "real" food right now. She loves to feed herself and is getting very food at getting most of it to her mouth, so I feel like she's ready.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We stopped right after DD hit 8 months. She started refusing purees and that was the end of them. We still have a lot of babyfood left (stage 2 and 3) so I'm putting it on bread or pasta. 
  • Im not really sure when we will stop feeding Damian purees... i suppose when he stops eating them.. he stopped eating the veggies (pureed) on his own and now he eats solid veggies with no problem.. we only feed him the fruits.. but he doesnt like solid fruit.. lol..
  • i do baby food and table food now. i asked the pedi on friday at his 12 month appt when i should have him totally off baby food and he said 18 months. i'm aiming for sometime before that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • we have never fed purees. only chunks lol 

eta: to be clear - we tried. she hated. we skipped. 

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• I have a few purees that I mix in with oatmeal and yogurt but that's the only time I give her purees...everything else is BLW.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"