Trying to Get Pregnant

OPK =HPT?

I have seen some post pics of a +OPK and it seems they used it in place of an HPT...are OPK's as accurate as HPT's? If you get the dark control and test line does that mean a BFP? I have googled it and gotten some info just thought you ladies might have some first hand knowledge on this. Thanks!

Re: OPK =HPT?

• no.  they each test different hormones.  OPK test Luteinizing Hormone and pregnancy tests test beta HCG.  

Edit - spelling

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It worked for me. :shrug: I've heard other ladies on here talking about how they've used OPKs as HPTs. I would test again with an actual HPT though to confirm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageromigu:

no.  they each test different hormones.  OPK test Luteinizing Hormone and pregnancy tests test beta HCG.  

Edit - spelling

Thanks that is what I thought but google had some conflicting stories. Lol
  • Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    #1: Alexander John: February 25, 2012      
      #2: EDD June 13, 2014

• Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The best explanation that I have seen is here.
  • imagemacdidlyicious:
    It worked for me. :shrug: I've heard other ladies on here talking about how they've used OPKs as HPTs. I would test again with an actual HPT though to confirm.
    Oh ok thanks! I guess some of us pee on whatever we have available. Lol. I haven't peed on anything yet but was wondering in case I feel the urge.
  • In order for it to be accurate the line has to show up immediately and be extremely dark. And even then it might not be accurate. Some people get a + and are pregnant, some people get a - and are pregnant. Some people get +OPKs and are not pregnant. Why wouldn't you just use an HPT?
  • imagenewtoitall:
    imagemacdidlyicious:
    It worked for me. :shrug: I've heard other ladies on here talking about how they've used OPKs as HPTs. I would test again with an actual HPT though to confirm.
    Oh ok thanks! I guess some of us pee on whatever we have available. Lol. I haven't peed on anything yet but was wondering in case I feel the urge.

I got really nervous about a week after my BFP and ran out of HPTs. I couldnt justify spending the money on more so I POA OPK and the line was SUPER dark, the darkest I've ever seen on an OPK. But I already POA digital and 3 ICs a few days before so I knew what I was looking for. :D

Your chart is looking pretty nice, I think.

• But yea, I agree with Cantalopes. Just go get a HPT.
  • imagecantalopes24:
    In order for it to be accurate the line has to show up immediately and be extremely dark. And even then it might not be accurate. Some people get a + and are pregnant, some people get a - and are pregnant. Some people get +OPKs and are not pregnant. Why wouldn't you just use an HPT?
    I was just thinking I might have the urge to POAS stick tomorrow and I am out of HPT but not OPK so I was just wondering. I will just have to wait and buy HPT tomorrow.
  • I am new to all of this and with are BFP's and all these abbrv.???  I have used the ovulations tests, but haven't has success.
  • imagemacdidlyicious:

imagenewtoitall:
    imagemacdidlyicious:

I got really nervous about a week after my BFP and ran out of HPTs. I couldnt justify spending the money on more so I POA OPK and the line was SUPER dark, the darkest I've ever seen on an OPK. But I already POA digital and 3 ICs a few days before so I knew what I was looking for. :D

Your chart is looking pretty nice, I think.

Thanks I was sick this wknd and my thermometer broke so I missed some key tempting days. :(. I got a new thermometer and am feeling somewhat better so hopefully I will be back on track tomorrow!
  • Yes you can although a OPK isn't as sensitive. OPK can measure both LH & HCG while a pregnancy test only measures HCG. I tested using an OPK when I got a very faint + on a IC pregnancy test to be sure before using a digital which are less sensitive since I was out of my IC pregnancy tests. It works!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • hmm..that website is kind of interesting. 
    imageimage
  • You can get a positive OPK and it could mean you are pg (of course must be after O, etc.)  The peeonastick site is accurate.  Someone a few months ago posted about how they did not have any hpt's (or didnt use one??) so went with an OPK and it was positive, so then used an hpt and it confirmed the pregnancy.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"