Canada Babies

Diclectlin

Hi,

Is anyone out there taking Diclectlin to help with morning sickness? I have been taking it since week 8 when I could NOT stop throwing up and missed a week of work. I'm on week 20 and I've reduced my dosage down to only the two pills before bed but anytime I don't take it I end up puking by supper time the next day.

I love that it makes me feel normal. My Dr. said that it is fine to keep taking it the whole time, do I really need it? When does morning sickness ever wear off?!?!?!

What are your experiences with diclectlin?

Re: Diclectlin

• I tried taking diclectlin with my 2nd pregnancy b/c I was throwing up constantly.  Surprisingly enough, it didn't work for me at all.  I just kept throwing up:-(  My morning sickness finally ended around week 27.  In teh end, i only gained 15Lbs with that pg, so something good came out of the M/S:-)

With my 1st pregnancy I didn't have hardly any morning sickness at all.

• I was on Diclectin until about week 15. I had nausea 24/7, nothing would make it go away completely. With the pills it went from being a 7 or 8/10 down to a 2 or 3/10. My Doc said that I could stay on it until I didn't need it anymore and that some people need to take it all the way through their pregnancy. I started feeling a little better around 14 weeks and started tapering off the dosage until I could go without. I know a few  women that had to take it until the day they gave birth. It's better to take it than go off of it and end up hospitalised with hyperemesis gravidarum. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • I also had to take it during my second pregnancy.  I took it for the first three months after that I stopped puking thank goodness.  It is such an awful feeling. I am so sorry you have to deal with this.
  • Both with my pregnancy with my son, and this pregnancy, I've taken it, but my first I took 3 pills a day (2/1 or 1/1/1 with meals) and tried not taking them one day around 18-19 weeks I think and my morning sickness was gone. This time I'm only taking 1 at night before bed and that lasts me, sometimes I'll take 1 in the morning too because if I miss my pill at night I get sick in the morning sometimes.

I'm just at 16.5 weeks and took my pill too late yesterday, and was sick in the morning - I'm hoping that I only have a couple weeks left of taking them because I'm starting to forget to take them entirely. x.x

Phoenix - August 19, 2006
    Avery - March 16, 2011

Things to avoid during pregnancy: Eye contact with cats. Cats will suck the burgeoning life right out of you, using their infamous feline mind-powers. Avert your eyes, and move along.

FACT: 1 in 10 people are said to be a carrier of Listeria. Therefore you should avoid all shopping malls, grocery stores and busy street corners for the duration of your pregnancy. Or microwave anyone you contact until steaming, just to be safe.
  • I was on Diclectin the whole pregnancy.  Just 2 at night but if I forgot to take them, I'd definitely know it the next day.
    mmc @ 14 weeks - November 2009. Missed every day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 15DPO:461 17DPO (47hrs later):1380
  • I'm still on diclectin in my 21st week.

If I dont take it I'm super sick the next day.

In my first pregnancy I had morning sickness really bad the whole 9 months.

Looks like it will be the same with this little one.  

LOVE the drug though.  It helps but doesnt take it away completely.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"