2nd Trimester

"Good Boy/Girl Mom"

So please excuse my rant, but in the interest of not freaking out at people in real like I must get this out!  If one more person says, "Oh, it will be a boy because you're such a great boy mom!" to me one more time I'm going to lose it!  Yes, I'll be happy with a boy or girl, yes I would like to experience having a daughter, and yes I think it would be great for my son to have a brother, but NO I don't understand what being a "good boy mom" means!  Isn't that just a good mom?  My pregnancy hormones have me all in a tizzy about this one this morning and it's literally making my head go round in circles.  Does that mean that I wouldn't do well with a little girl?  Does that mean I'm in some way more masculine?  Does that mean that I'm good with my pretty wild son and that I might as well have another and leave calm girls for the good girl moms? (Yes, I know not all girls are calm and not all boys are full of energy, but in my hormonal state rational thought is fleeting.)  I always thought I'd have girls, but I LOVE being my son's mom and I know it would be great to have another boy.  Really...I know it's ridiculous but I'm just perplexed.  Okay.  Rant over. 

Any other "good boy/girl moms" out there?   

Re: "Good Boy/Girl Mom"

• I get "it would be so nice for you to have one of each"

Why?   I don't plan on parenting them differently.  My daughter plays with Thomas train and blocks predominately because that's what she likes, if I had a boy that likes dolls and hair bows i'd react the same way.

In addition to that, i'm the second of 2 girls.   Does that mean my parents should have been dissappointed that I was born without a penis?

• I'm with you! This is actually my first pregnancy, but all my friends kept saying I would be the perfect "boy mom", because I'm not a really girly-girl. At first, I actually really thought I was carrying a boy, but nope, she's all girl!!!

So now, it really irks me... it seems like some of my friends/family are disappointed she's not a he. All my friends have little girls and I think they were just hoping someone would have a boy soon, but its always a 50/50 shot. So it makes me mad that they think I'd be a good "boy mom" and don't seem as excited that she is going to be a girl.

• Loading the player...
  • With all 3 pregnancies just about everyone was sure it was going to be a girl. When I asked why, they would say it just seemed like I would be a great girl mom because I'm such a girly-girl. I think I'm a great boy mom! I wrestle, play cars, dinosaurs, catch, etc. with my super active, rambunctious little guys. Now that #3 is a girl, people act like I must be so overjoyed "to finally get my girl." I know they don't mean anything by it, but I do get defensive. I love, love, love having little boys! And I'm sure my little girl will be so much fun too!
  • Some people need to keep their mouths closed. I think that is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard! I believe I'm a wonderful mother to my only son, but feel I will be just as wonderful to our baby girl when she comes. Ugh, tell them to kindly keep their opinions to themselves!
  • MIL just keeps telling me she hopes I have a boy since our first is a girl.  Because, you know, the ideal family is one of each.  Even though she only had 1 (DH) and its just my sister and I.  Confused

I secretly hope I've got another girl baking just to spite her.  lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• I ditto all pp's re: a boy and a girl being the perfect family. Sometimed people just dont realize what theyre saying.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've always thought of myself as a mom to boys.  I think my personality just fits well with parenting boys.  Doesn't mean I won't love my daughter and be good mom to her, but it is taking some serious adjustment to my own thoughts.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"