Babies: 3 - 6 Months

S/O: What song did you walk down the aisle to?

We like non-traditional songs, so I walked down the aisle to the instrumental version of Bittersweet Symphony. DH and I walked back down to Forever by Chris Brown.

Our entrance to the reception hall was Lets Get Married by Jagged Edge and Run DMC.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: S/O: What song did you walk down the aisle to?

• I wanted it to be "Diamonds and Pearls" by Prince, but Prince + church = blasphemy. So I had a bagpiper play Canon in D.
    "To me, you are perfect."

• Loading the player...
  • imageKJmashup:
    I wanted it to be "Diamonds and Pearls" by Prince, but Prince + church = blasphemy. So I had a bagpiper play Canon in D.

I guess I should add that DH and I were married outside. Wink

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Down the aisle:  Storybook Love from The Princess Bride.

Back up the aisle: Crazy in Love by Beyonce and Jay-Z.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• I had a Hawaiian Guitarist (I got married in Kauai) so he was just playing Hawaiian marriage songs which are not in English.

Our entrance to our reception was "All You Need Is Love" by the Beatles.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Down the aisle to Canon in D

Back up the aisle w/ H to I will follow him by the Shirelles

• walked down to- At Last by Etta James. Walked out to Lauryn Hill Can't Take My Eyes Off of You
  • We were supposed to have my dad's violin teacher/friend play our ceremony music and she.... didn't show up (not on purpose. Cars broke down, rental car didn't come, etc etc). So we walked up (and down) the aisle to.. silence.

Yeah. Still a sore spot. Although it definitely made it memorable. And it was kind of intimate and special. 

We had our reception entrance music though! The wedding party walked in to Golden Years by Bowie, and we walked in to Candy by Cameo.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I walked to the Ofra Harnoy version of "And I Love Her". We walked out to Tom Jones - It's Not Unusual.
    DS 09.11.10
  • imagebeccs98:

We were supposed to have my dad's violin teacher/friend play our ceremony music and she.... didn't show up (not on purpose. Cars broke down, rental car didn't come, etc etc). So we walked up (and down) the aisle to.. silence.

Yeah. Still a sore spot. Although it definitely made it memorable. And it was kind of intimate and special. 

We had our reception entrance music though! The wedding party walked in to Golden Years by Bowie, and we walked in to Candy by Cameo.

You should have asked all in attendance to hum

• We were pretty traditional and had a string quartet. I think I walked down the aisle to Sheep May Safely Graze and we walked back down the aisle to Trumpet Voluntary.
  • imagekcl22:
    imagebeccs98:

We were supposed to have my dad's violin teacher/friend play our ceremony music and she.... didn't show up (not on purpose. Cars broke down, rental car didn't come, etc etc). So we walked up (and down) the aisle to.. silence.

You should have asked all in attendance to hum

Our priest actually told the whole wedding party to hum as they were walking up the aisle! But I think they thought he was joking, so my MOH (My sister) was the only one that did it. But she promptly stopped when she realized she was the only one!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had a woman from my Church sing "Never Saw Blue" by Shawn Colvin.
  • Aisle:  Chantal Kreviazuk - Feels Like Home

Entrance to reception:  Michael Buble - Everything

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • Down the aisle was Canon in D, I can't remember what was playing as we walked back up or even the entrance to our reception.  Our first dance was Sammy Kershaw, Love of my Life and the first time we ever slow danced it was Keith Whitley, When You Say Nothing At All.
  • Walked down the aisle to the instrumental part of The Shining by Badly Drawn Boy and then walked out to Linus and Lucy by Vince Guaraldi. So, a bit untraditional.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had planned on the traditional but the music equipment failed just as I stepped onto the path. Some of my friends started up with sort of humming it and everyone joined in. It made that part way more memorable and I had a huge smile on my face in every picture. I would not have had it any other way.
  • Down the aisle to Canon in D. Up the aisle to This Love by Bob Marley
  • Sabor a Mi, played by my H's mariachi band (minus my H, of course).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Down the aisle to Canon in D.  Up the aisle to Simple As That by Lonestar.
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSuperCuteBenz:

We like non-traditional songs, so I walked down the aisle to the instrumental version of Bittersweet Symphony. DH and I walked back down to Forever by Chris Brown.

Our entrance to the reception hall was Lets Get Married by Jagged Edge and Run DMC.

i walked down to Lets Get Married and we walked out to All I Wanna Do by Sugarland.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• We walked down the aisle to Dodi Li, a Hebrew song in which the main lyrics translate to "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine."  It's beautiful.
  • Down the aisle to the song they played in "The Sound of Music" wedding.  Up the aisle to the traditional one but I dont know the name.
  • Walked down to Canon in D, and walked out to Trumpet Voluntary.
  • I walked down to "Beautiful" by Phil Wickham. It fit perfectly - still makes me tear up when I hear it. Then my brother played guitar and sang "this will be (an everlasting love)" and the reception: we ran inside to the Office theme song. I loved that :-)
  • The sounds of the ocean washing against the shore.
  • Processional: Canon in D-Bach

Recessional: The Wedding Song from Les Miserables

Into reception: Jimmy Buffett, One Particular Harbor (really cool, the music swelled as we were introduced)

• Outside garden wedding and walked down to Mariachi
  • We had a harp and a violin in a church:  Mothers/grandmother were Ave Maria, Bridesmaids were Arioso by Bach, and I walked to Canon in D... super traditional haha.

We entered the reception to the Rocky theme bc DH is a Rocky/boxing fanatic!  When I told the bandleader what we wanted to enter to he said, "helloooo 70's!"

• I walked down to the instrumental version of a song by Enya.  I don't remember the name of it.  We had a string quartet.

We were introduced as Mr. and Mrs and walked in to "What I Like About You" by the Romantics (well, we had a 9 piece band covering it).

• 1000 Miles by Mark Schultz.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BFP 04/15/2011; M/C 04/21/2011 Sleep with Jesus sweet baby.
  • Walked down to Here There and Everywhere by the Beatles played on a steel drum. We got married on an island. Walked out to How Sweet it is by James Taylor
    Save some time to dream, cause your dream might save us all"
    DX: PCOS & Endo
    Cycle # 184,943 January 2010 Follistim, trigger, B2B IUI = BFP on Febuary 14, 2010

• imageSuperCuteBenz:

That's awesome we used bittersweet symphony for our walk up the aisle.

• Walked down to Hallelujah as done by the Vitamin String Quartet and we walked up to All You Need is Love by the Beatles. 
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • instrumental spanish styled version of Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven

(H and I met due to his match.com search for Led Zeppelin)

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Down the aisle to Greensleeves (we got married right after Christmas so it seemed to fit the season) we had a harpist play it

• Theme song from the Princess Bride.  (I'm so happy another pp walked down the aisle to it- it's soooo beautiful!)

My brother heard them practicing before the ceremony started and he screamed at his wife "see, someone else is walking down the aisle to it- why couldn't you do it?"  He was so jealous because b/c it's his favorite movie and his wife refused to have it played at their wedding ceremony.  Is it terrible that I loved that he was so jealous (oh wait- flame free confessions are on friday).

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"