1st Trimester

Are symptoms really diff. from boy to girl?

I mean this is my 1st so I really don't know what to expect. But friends have said that their symptoms varied from each gender? Girls make you sicker and make your face change etc.

Is this really true or just another myth? ;)

Success after Infertility! Clomid & IUI November 2010
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Are symptoms really diff. from boy to girl?

• I think its just a myth.  My best friend is pregnant with her second daugther.  With the first she was fine, no m/s at all and with this one she can't keep anything down. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is my second pregnancy and I have no idea what Im having yet, but I feel the same as I did with my son...so we will find out if its another boy!

With my son I didnt have hardly any nausea was just VERY tired and my boobs kept growing and growing, which is what is happening now! But who knows maybe I'll start to get sick...

• Loading the player...
  • With DD I had very SLIGHT nausea and no other real symptoms ..Face didnt change nothing..so..I dont know I just thing pg is different for everyone so the sex of the baby doesnt matter..
  • Old wives tale. Every pregnancy is different, regardless of gender.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was sicker than a dog with my first two - both boys.  It's a myth
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Remembering Christopher
  • Myth. Every pregnancy is different. Every pregnant lady is different. Doesn't relate to gender.
  • Myth.  I had the exact same symptoms with my son and my daughter.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• I have 2 little boys and I didn't have any morning sickness at all.  My friend has a little boy (no morning sickness) and she's 25 weeks pregnant with a little girl and she was sick the entire time.

It's probaby just a fluke, but I guess you have a 50/50 chance of it being right!

Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is my 3rd baby...  the first 2 were girls and with both, I lost over 20 lbs in the first 3 months from being so sick!!  I was literally throwing up all day, everyday, for the 1st trimester.   The 3rd time around, I have gotten sick MAYBE 4 times and I am 17 weeks.  My mother and grandmother also had boys and girls and were the same way- sick with girls, not with boys.  But, every woman and every pregnancy are different.    
  • Myth! With my daughter I had no m/s at all. With my son I was sick till the day I gave birth to him. Pregnant with # 3 and this time only had m/s for the first 4 months now I feel great except my breast have tripled in size and hurt like crazy. So it is different with every woman and every pregnancy.

Proud Mommy of 3!
  • With each pregnancy I just had a feeling what it was going to be and I was always right. But this time...I started growing chin hairs and hair on my butt and I said I think I am having a boy...from his male hormones in my body, and yes, we are having a boy!

• I think its a myth.  I have a little girl; I had morning sickness with her.  Now pregnant with my second girl and the morning sickness is worse than with my first.  I have actually lost a little bit of weight with this pregnancy.
  • Myth. My friend had no sickness at all with either kids (boy and girl) My sister was very sick with both girls and I haven't been sick at all with twin girls. My face hasn't changed at all either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Total myth!! I am having a boy and were sick for 3 months solid, vomiting between 6-20 times a day!
  • Symptoms can vary with each pregnancy, regardless of gender. Mine, so far, is pretty similar to the first.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pregnancy symptoms have nothing to do with boy or girl .. i had no problems my first pregnancy .. no morning sickness.. felt great. wasnt tired . everything was perfect. now with my second child i find out today what im having but .. everything is different. different pregnancy.. different symptoms. no one pregnancy is going to be the same.
  • I vote myth.  I know people who were sure from thier symptoms what they were having.  Some were right, some were wrong.  I'd say about 50/50 Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is my fourth pregnancy and every one was a boy and every one was different.  I'm fairly certain there is no science in symptoms and sex.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"