February 2011 Moms

strong cramps and lower back pain for 2 hours

While laying in bed this morning, after I woke up to pee at 5 AM, I had strong cramps and lower back pain for 2 hours.  I managed to doze off a little more so it wasn't so bad that I couldn't sleep, but I was starting to get a little concerned and thought about calling my OB on his cel when it got to be more of a decent hour.  I got up at 7 AM and it went away mostly.  Hmmm.  Anyone else have that?  Nothing else out of the ordinary has happened.

Re: strong cramps and lower back pain for 2 hours

• Yep, when you have a full bladder or have just went pee, it can bring on some BH contractions. Since they went away after awhile, I would assume that is what they were.

We are all in the same boat now!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't think it was BH because I've had those for months and I thought that just involved my whole uterus getting tight and hard, not actual pain (just discomfort).  This was a crampy feeling down much lower, plus the lower back pain was new.  Do BH contractions change/start to feel different as you get further along?  I also had a little bit of a tearing/pinching feeling near my bikini line on the right.  The last time I had that, that particular pain was a lot worse (I was almost crying out) and my OB said it was a contraction (didn't say what kind though).  I guess I won't worry about it, though, unless it comes back several more times.  My weekly appointment is Monday.  Thanks for replying!

• Loading the player...
  • I had this exact same thing this morning (woke up around 4:30, peed, had bad period-like cramps and back pain) and was completely freaking out because DH is 6 hours away on a ski trip, but like you when I got up, had some cereal and drank a bottle of water it pretty much went away. I'm thinking I'm OK for now, but this scare has definitely encouraged me to get my hospital bag packed!
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagekristintho:
    I had this exact same thing this morning (woke up around 4:30, peed, had bad period-like cramps and back pain) and was completely freaking out because DH is 6 hours away on a ski trip, but like you when I got up, had some cereal and drank a bottle of water it pretty much went away. I'm thinking I'm OK for now, but this scare has definitely encouraged me to get my hospital bag packed!

Wow, that's weird!  And no kidding, after I got up the first thing I did was find the nightgown I had just bought and washed (I left it someplace weird) and put that in my bag with my travel toothpaste and a new toothbrush.  Some stuff I hadn't packed yet because I still need it while I'm home but I'm going to work on ways around that so I can get more things in my bag!  I hope things stay calm for you.

• I've had strong contractions and back pain a couple of times (32 weeks and 35 weeks). Both times rest and lots of water helped. My doctor said my body is being a little impatient.
    Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have been getting these for a couple weeks now. It's the same thing that occurs all night long and after I pee. I have brought up to my dr and I had a bladder infection. I was just treated and now its back again...so I dunno if it's BH or if my bladder infection isn't gone...either way the pain has gone away but they are a bit frightening when it happens! I am hoping to keep this baby in as long as possible and anything after Feb 4th would be awesome! SO will have all his PTO by then so we wont have to worry about him having a short check.

I am just waiting it out until Monday(unless things change) to call my OB she said she wants me back in the office if the cramping doesn't go away. Last time she checked me 2 weeks ago I was only 25% effaced and not dilated at all.

Happy mommy to a sweet baby boy! CafeMom Tickers
  • I've had three nights of the same thing.  Some occasional cramps during the day, but then at night it seems to last all night long.  When I asked my OB about it, she said I was most likely dehydrated and I really needed to drink more than 8 cups of water, and that I should aim for closer to 12 each day.  I started doing that and I've really noticed a difference.  I do have to hit the restroom ALL the time, but the cramps have really toned down.  It can't hurt to try.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"