Pregnant after IF

Femara- has anyone been on this?

I am 35 years old and got married in July. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 14 years old. Since then I had not had a cycle without medication either BCP or provera. I have had two cycles of clomid one of 100mg and one of 150mg. My numbers after the first cycle moved a little and then after the second moved a little bit more but I have still not ovulated. The side effects of clomid have not been pleasant to say the least. On my next cycle the Dr. is putting me on Femara. I know this drug is normally used for breast cancer patients but that it has been used to get women to ovulate to. Has anyone else been on this drug, have any experience with it? I would love to hear feed back about anyone's experience, if there are side effects etc?  Thank you so much and I wish everyone luck!!! 

Re: Femara- has anyone been on this?

• I tried it.  Didn't work for me, but it works for plenty of people.  I think it's worth a try before moving on to injectibles.

Good luck!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • I was on Femara and also have PCOS.  Clomid didn't work for me either.  Clomid gave me awful side effects but I had none with Femara.  We conceived on our third round of Femara + trigger and IUI.  Good luck to you! 
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I tried Femara with no luck. I am PCO and Endo stage 4. I had two follicles develop on it but stopped growing around 13mm. I had no side effects while on it (clomid had horrible ones for me). I hope it does the trick for you! 

Married in 2/2006, TTC since 3/09 with Endo stage 4(DX 1999) and PCO (DX 2010), DEC, LAP and 2 rounds of Depo Lupron

• 2/10: IUI #1: Clomid 100mg= BFN
    • 3/10- 5/10: IUI #2 Clomid 150mg; IUI #2.2: gonalf, lupron; IUI #2.3: 2 rounds of 5mg Femara=All cancelled for nonresponse
    • 6/10 -IUI#2.4: gonalf, ganirelix, estrace, ovidrel, endometrium- early M/C
    • 8/10- IUI #3: gonalf, ganirelix, ovidrel, estrace, endometrium, lovenox, hcg boosters= BFP;  Beta#1=179, Beta#2= 360, Beta#3=1775; 1 perfect little HB!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP 2/13!B- M/C 7w 4D, D+C 3/13

Surprise BFP 6/13! - Blighted Ovum found at 7w, D+C 6/28

Surprise BFP 8/13!- Hopefully third time is the charm!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I got pg on femera.  I responded some cycles to clomid as well but after my second m/c my RE had me move to femera and it worked.  If you have any questions please let me know and I will answer if I can. 
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • I was on both Clomid and Femara.  I never responded to Clomid and responded to Femera once.  That cycle ended in m/c.  It just depends on how your body responds to it.  I found I had less side effects from Femara then I did on Clomid.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've taken both femara and clomid.  I responded similarly to both (2-3 follicles), but actually felt human on femara.  Clomid and I don't get along.  At all. 
    Our IVF miracles arrived on 7/20/11 at 37 weeks after 3 weeks of hospital bedrest! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers "Stubbornly persist, and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond the stubbornness of your limits." ~Robert Brault
  • I have PCOS, and it didn't work for me (neither did Clomid).  It took injections for me to finally ovulate.  I didn't really have side effects with either medication. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I got responded great to femera and got PG on my 3rd femera cycle along with IUI.  I also have PCOS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was on it for all 3 cycles of IUIs that I did and had a great response to it. MUCH better than the response I had with Clomid.  As for side effects, I only had 1 (a little diziness) the first month I took it. Afterwards, no issues at all!

TTC #1 since 7/08 After 3 years, 2 losses, 3 rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF, we finally have our dream come true! DS born 7/30/11

TTC #2 off and on since 7/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"