Stay at Home Moms

NSAHMR: Poll - What does your bedroom look like?

I'm bored of how our master bedroom is decorated.  So, ladies, I need some inspiration!!  Tell me.....

1.  What color(s) are your walls?

2.  What's your flooring type/color (wood?, carpet?, color?)?

3.  What color(s) is your furniture?

4.  What are your accent colors? (i.e. bedding, pillows, etc.) 

Right now, we have light yellow walls, light oak floors, and darker cherry furniture.  The curtains are tan/gold and the bedding is off white.  I'm so tired of it and looking for a change!  TIA!!!! 

Re: NSAHMR: Poll - What does your bedroom look like?

• We are renting so I haven't done anything with the room itself or the furniture.  All just plain white.  But I did just buy all new bedding.  All white linens, with accents pillows in lots of jewel tones - beautitful grass green, deep red, deep purple, toned down with background color 'biscuit', like a light brown.  I also have a really soft throw in biscuit.

In our bedroom at home (our owned home) we had nantucket blue walls with white trim, and one small chocolate brown accent wall.  Bedding was light and dark blue and white.  Rug in oatmeal.  I loved this color combo, so soothing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My master bedroom is my HAVEN! I took a lot of thought and time decorating it. I refuse to have any sort of clutter in there. If there was anything i would put it in a basket and put it in the hallway before i go in my bedroom- lol.

My bedroom is VERY feng shui- but very heavy on wood. It has an asian feel- I  had a woodworker carve the Chinese symbol of 'serenity' into a raised wooden character.

1. Camel /tanish

2. Red Oak hardwood floor

3. Dark Oak

4. Chocolate brown and blue bedding with embroidery and piping. I looove it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Camel colored walls, black furniture, red drapes/ lamp shades and our comforter is tan based with pink/red flowers. I just saw my neighbors bedroom and loved it. Grey/blue walls, black furniture and a blue and silver comforter. So soothing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagehs & js baby #1:

I'm bored of how our master bedroom is decorated.  So, ladies, I need some inspiration!!  Tell me.....

1.  What color(s) are your walls? Beige.  :(  We just moved in.  I hope to paint and put up white crown molding at some point.  Paint would probably be a gray tone.

2.  What's your flooring type/color (wood?, carpet?, color?)?  Carpet, mixed beiges and browns.  Nice and neutral and cozy.

3.  What color(s) is your furniture? Espresso.  We have granite tops on the dresser and night stands that adds a little visual interest.  (Sounds weird but looks good).

4.  What are your accent colors? (i.e. bedding, pillows, etc.)  Bedding is light blue Duvet and shams from Pottery Barn.  White sheets.  Brown accent throw blanket.  No bed skirt b/c our bed frame doesn't require one.  Again, want to change the bedding to something a bit more bold.  Maybe grays/blues/whites/browns with a punch of a bright color.  Not sure yet.  We still need window coverings! 

Right now, we have light yellow walls, light oak floors, and darker cherry furniture.  The curtains are tan/gold and the bedding is off white.  I'm so tired of it and looking for a change!  TIA!!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • walls are two colors--3 are pale blue, far wall is a deeper, oceany blue--makes the room look bigger! furniture is a darker cherry color, with blue sheets and a sand dollar duvet in light blues, greens and pale yellows (LL Bean).  Hung artsy star fish around the windows, added white accent frames, etc. and voila! ocean bedroom. Absolutely love it!  Was inspired by the duvet--I'd recommend starting with that, too.
  • Completely plain and boring - so bad I won't even bother going into detail, LOL.  But for the most part I really don't mind it at all :-) 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • 1.  What color(s) are your walls?  Kind of a mocha color, we just painted it a year ago.  Before that white.  Bright white.  Ugh.

2.  What's your flooring type/color (wood?, carpet?, color?)?  Blue carpeting

3.  What color(s) is your furniture?  All wood.  All in the same color "family", so more darker than light.

4.  What are your accent colors? (i.e. bedding, pillows, etc.)  Our bedding is blue and tan, our picture frames and such are white. Our ceiling fan/light is a dark blue (sounds weird, but it works)

We just redid our room early last year as it just looked...wrong.  5 years of wrong, lol.  It was one of the only rooms we didn't paint when we built/moved in and I felt it was time to make it more grown-up.  The darker color makes it feel warmer and the white frames (with black and white pics of our honeymoon in Cancun) and matching shelves really stand out in a nice way.

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.  What color(s) are your walls?   A soothing mossy green.

2.  What's your flooring type/color (wood?, carpet?, color?)?   We have hardwood floors (original to the house) with dark forest green area rugs.  The rugs sound ugly, but they're not bad. 

3.  What color(s) is your furniture?   Wood tones. 

4.  What are your accent colors? (i.e. bedding, pillows, etc.)   Different shades of brown/tan. 

• 1. still white (just moved in a year ago and haven't gotten to paint that room yet).   But it will probably be a BM color near Worthington Gray

2. Light colored carpet on the floors.  A beige.

3. Furniture is black

4. Bedding is an old Pottery Barn floral that has cream, yellows, blues and greens in it.   it contrasts nicely with the dark furniture. And the wall color really pulls out the blues.  I have cream sheets and blue accent pillows.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1.  What color(s) are your walls?   a golden beige2.  What's your flooring type/color (wood?, carpet?, color?)?   crappy off-white carpet from the previous owners3.  What color(s) is your furniture?   cherry wood 4.  What are your accent colors? (i.e. bedding, pillows, etc.)  our bedding is a chocolate brown and our accents are cream, gold and deep red
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1.  What color(s) are your walls? 3 blue 1 brown

2.  What's your flooring type/color (wood?, carpet?, color?)? carpet we rent and can't change it.

3.  What color(s) is your furniture? Maple

4.  What are your accent colors? (i.e. bedding, pillows, etc.) Bedding is blue and brown, got the paint to match

• 1.  What color(s) are your walls? Curio Gray, Sherwin Williams

2.  What's your flooring type/color (wood?, carpet?, color?)? Beige Carpet

3.  What color(s) is your furniture? Espresso

4.  What are your accent colors? (i.e. bedding, pillows, etc.) Light Greens and   Blues

Moved to Maple Valley, Washington January 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"