Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Iron pills

If you were told to take iron after your labor, how long were you instructed to take it for?  My midwife said 3 months and when I double checked with my OB (thinking she'd say that was too long) she said 6 months!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Iron pills

• I'm naturally a little low on iron, and was almost anemic after delivery. I figure taking a low dose of iron/ferrous sulfate every other day is a good thing in general!
  • I was told to take it until my 6 week follow up, so I did. I'm still taking prenatal vitamins though, figured it can't hurt. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB said 3 months but I stopped after 1.5 months due to the terrible constipation.  All the water and stool softeners in the world were not helping. I just started taking my daily multivitamin instead.
  • I was told 6 weeks as well.  But it might be longer since I only see my mid wife for 6 weeks then I switch to seeing my family doctor. I will see what the doctor says when I see her.
  • imagedmw4444:
    I was told to take it until my 6 week follow up, so I did. I'm still taking prenatal vitamins though, figured it can't hurt. :)

This. 

• Thanks everyone!
  • imagedmw4444:
    I was told to take it until my 6 week follow up, so I did. I'm still taking prenatal vitamins though, figured it can't hurt. :)

My OB said to continue taking prenatal vitamins at least as long as I am breastfeeding.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You must have already done your 6 wk PP check. FYI for next time, there's a finger prick check that gives rapid results on your hemoglobin level.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"