Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

I will NEVER treat my daughter

The way my Mom treats me!  Especially when she has kids.  She babysat this morning so I could go to court (I'm a solo practice lawyer) and after I was done, I called to ask if I could go to the grocery for cold cuts and milk.  She said of course it was ok, since there's supposedly a huge snow storm coming, we need food.  Then when I got home, she made a comment about my 3 bags of groceries- 3 bags of cold cuts?  When I told her how nuts the store was, especially the deli and that I shopped while they cut my deli meat, she actually said she thinks it was "a stretch."  Like I am f'ing lying to her!  Um, it's not like I was out getting my nails done or something.  Needless to say I will be switching to the babysitter asap.  So much for my family helping out so I can save some $...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I will NEVER treat my daughter

• Options
    Moms can be terrible can't they?  So passive aggressive and downright nasty.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My mom drives me up the wall. I love her to death but I can't stand her passive aggresive little comments.
    Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was expecting this to be incredibly dramatic...but a comment about cold cuts? Not that bad. If you can put up with it save the money, and not just for the money but for LOs to be with family. Espeically if they like to see her, and she likes to see them.
  • Options

I agree I would let it go. Sure its annoying... but save the money.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She needs a reality check!!! I live right around the corner from you and made the mistake of going to Target... you'd think the end of the world was coming!!  I actually saw a little old lady with a shopping cart full of bottled water and candles!  I only had like 6 shopping bags but was in there for a hour!
  • Options
    my mom is very overbearing and sort of a control freak.  i have vowed to keep her in her place and not really ask her for anything unless it is absolutely necessary. i do not want to deal with her lol.
  • Options
    When I found out I was having a daughter, I panicked for a while.  My mom would say we have a great relationship, but I've noticed that she's VERY judgmental, and thinks she's always right. Her attitude has actually driven her children away (geographically) and the siblings commiserate frequently over her impossible expectations and snippy comments.  I don't want to be her. I want my children to WANT to talk to me as adults. I am going to be purposeful in my parenting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"