3rd Trimester

first time mom here...is this a contraction?...

Ok, so since about 4:30 I have been feeling like I"m going to start my period, those type of symptoms and now every so often I feel a tighening and pressure in my lower stomach area. are these contractions? they are uncomfortable and feel different then when I usually know it's just his head settling there.
099 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: first time mom here...is this a contraction?...

• They are contractions. This happening now is dilating you. If they start to become timeable....you should call your doctor.
  • Pretty soon they'll move up to your upper belly, and it'll start with almost a tightening on your lower lungs, and then the lower half will kick in.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I called the on call doctor at my hospital, she wasn't concerned about it but said that they are contractions, and if they become painful to call back.
    099 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They could be braxton hicks. You should time them. You should also lay/sit down & drink some water. If that helps, they are more than likely braxton hicks. If it doesnt help, call your doctor with the times of contractions & how many you get in that time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They could be but it's totally normal and can happen for weeks leading up to delivery. My OB said she wasn't concerned unless there are more than 6 in an hour.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"