2nd Trimester

Want to know anything? About what to expect?

I have a 5 month old today, and a bit of time right now. If you have questions that haven't been answered, or you just want some perspective...feel free to ask. I will do my very best to answer you! Smile

Re: Want to know anything? About what to expect?

• Are you breastfeeding and did it kill at the beginning?

I have alot of anxiety about it

congrats on the little one

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • whats the square root of 786425809
  • Loading the player...
  • I am BFing. The first week or so was pretty uncomfortable. You have to make sure your LO gets a good latch. I really tried not to think about it at all, and it made it more comfortable. For me, it only was a little painful when he first started sucking each feeding.

Get some lanolin or Lansinoh. It's great. Put some on after each feeding on both nipples. After feeding, let your nipple air dry, then put your breast pad back on. If you rub the lansinoh on while your nipple still has milk on it, it will help with the healing.

Make sure when you shower, not to soap your nipples, because they will crack...and it really will not feel good at all. They will probably crack a little at first, but really, as long as you use to the lansinoh, the first week will be the worst, after that...as long as you stick with it...it will all get easier.

Make sure you change your breast pads any time they start getting full, or if they feel wet. This will really help keep your nipples from getting all yucky. I use the Johnson's breast pads. They are thick, and soft and I haven't leaked once since using them.

Use a waterproof pad under you in your bed once you come home, because you might still leak. You will be really full when you leave the hospital. That really only lasts for a week or two.

Last, don't give up! Don't think after a couple days you can't do it. I promise it gets better. You will do great! You can do it!! Congrats on your soon to be sweet little baby. Have fun. 

• image1momma:
    whats the square root of 786425809
  • image1momma:
    whats the square root of 786425809
    28043.284 YWIA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"