Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Picture Call Outs = Popularity Contest

I find the idea behind the PCO really nice and its fun. But it seem that only the "popular" bumpies are getting the call outs which is pretty crappy. But I shouldn't be surprised, the who bump is for popular kids. 

Re: Picture Call Outs = Popularity Contest

• Who cares?  I like seeing all the pics!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Really? An AE for this? Come on... I don't care who gets called out. I just love seeing the pictures.
  • Loading the player...
  • Uh, I didn't get called out, but made one anyways (hint if anyone wants to see its on 6-9) and I am not a "regular" poster, I regularly lurk though.
  • You don't have to wait to be called out. If you want to post pics, post pics
  • I don't want to take this moment away from Kirby, so all you get out of me is: Confused
  • I'm....POPULAR??? Surprise

Haha, no.

I think it's probably easier to remember SNs of people who post more often and who the originator actually converses with.  Some names I don't recognize have gotten callouts.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I tend to agree with you, bud did you seriously need to make an AE for this? Laaaaame.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageIrishBrideND:
    You don't have to wait to be called out. If you want to post pics, post pics

Right? This post (and the fact that an AE was created for it) is so silly I couldn't even bring myself to formulate a response. 

• Come one, come all! I have your answer to the cliques!

I can also make you shirts or bumper stickers.

Seriously, OP, you sound ridiculous.

• imageDEElicious18:
    Really? An AE for this? Come on... I don't care who gets called out. I just love seeing the pictures.

She made some snarky nasty commnet on another thread... but I can't imagine making an AE for that either...

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/47738509.aspx

• Let's think about this logically. 

How is an unknown bumpie supposed to be called out, hrmmm?

• imagemommy2BinMD:

imageDEElicious18:
    Really? An AE for this? Come on... I don't care who gets called out. I just love seeing the pictures.

She made some snarky nasty commnet on another thread... but I can't imagine making an AE for that either...

OMG... really. That's ridiculous. 

• imageKirbus:

imagesimplejude:
    I tend to agree with you, bud did you seriously need to make an AE for this? Laaaaame.

I'm sorry you feel that way.  It's not like I chose people based on how "popular" they are.  Some have gotten call outs because people have requested them, but most happen because I feel like seeing some cute baby pictures and I look to see who's around and posting.  I set TB to sort the threads by last post, and I glance down the right hand column to see who's around.

Well, like a PP said, I think the bumpies who are more "'popular" are the ones who are on more often. So, you would notice them posting more often, see their cute babies in siggys more often, ect. It is really NBD, I dont see why someone would create an AE just to whine about it.

• I'm popular and I haven't been called out. Although I'm vain and will do my own AW anyway. Stick out tongue 

I like seeing everyone's pics (popular or not).

and I'm kidding about me being popular (incase you didn't get the sarcasm)

image Preston 10/13/06 - Harrison 04/14/10
  • imageStarAnnice:

Yes Lmao! OMG! Star you totally made me crack up.  I spitted up my diet coke, now I am cleaning my key board. LOL!

• imageKirbus:
    imagesimplejude:
    imageKirbus:

imagesimplejude:
    I tend to agree with you, bud did you seriously need to make an AE for this? Laaaaame.

I'm sorry you feel that way.  It's not like I chose people based on how "popular" they are.  Some have gotten call outs because people have requested them, but most happen because I feel like seeing some cute baby pictures and I look to see who's around and posting.  I set TB to sort the threads by last post, and I glance down the right hand column to see who's around.

Well, like a PP said, I think the bumpies who are more "'popular" are the ones who are on more often. So, you would notice them posting more often, see their cute babies in siggys more often, ect. It is really NBD, I dont see why someone would create an AE just to whine about it.

I guess it's true that the more often you're on, and the more often you post the greater your chance of getting a PCO, however, if you look at the list of who's been called out, you'll see that it's not like I've only been calling out a specific group of girls or anything.  In fact, I have checked to see if you were on on at least two occasions because I wanted to see some pictures of both of your babies.  It's just luck of the draw, who's on when I think to post one.  Know what I mean?

I posted 4 or 5 AW pics of Myles the other day. I dont need a PCO, I can just AW Stick out tongue Thank you though. Like I said, it only makes sense that people who are on more often get the call outs.

• imageWildcatPrincess:

I'm....POPULAR??? Surprise

Haha, no.

I think it's probably easier to remember SNs of people who post more often and who the originator actually converses with.  Some names I don't recognize have gotten callouts.

this! 

• imageStarAnnice:
    image1ChikaBonita:
    imageStarAnnice:

Yes Lmao! OMG! Star you totally made me crack up.  I spitted up my diet coke, now I am cleaning my key board. LOL!

Oops! Sorry!  Hope I don't have to pay for that!  hehehe

Nope, my boss will, LOL!  All good, It's still working :P

• imageStarAnnice:

So perfect and so quick on the draw, star.  

• I agree with you...and I never agree with AE's.
  • This is silly.  I did a PCO and I;m not popular  - I;m too lazy to post a lot since I'm often on my phone
  • imageKirbus:
    imageStarAnnice:

Someone asked me to do a PCO for you today, but now I can't because I'll be accused of only calling out popular bumpies. 

I hope you dont think my attitude is "Ugh, only the popular people get call outs! Kirbus is a biotch!" Honestly, I love seeing pictures of everyones babies. I'm not hatin' Stick out tongue

• Maybe i don't bump enough anymore and have moved to lurkedom, but I don't see these damn PCO's that gets everyone's panties in a wad over!
  • imageHip2Bsquare:
    I agree with you...and I never agree with AE's.

And I think you have a vendetta against the wrong "clique".

What have any of us 6-9er's ever done to you? Nothing, ever. Yet this is 2nd time in a week you've come out in posts against us. You called us "dim" last week, only it was so freaking long after the OP, no one ever saw it.

What the hey, Hip? 

• has snoopy been back since the last pco crazytalk?
  • imageKirbus:
    imageStarAnnice:
    imageDaisyFull:

imageHip2Bsquare:

What have any of us 6-9er's ever done to you? Nothing, ever. Yet this is 2nd time in a week you've come out in posts against us. You called us "dim" last week, only it was so freaking long after the OP, no one ever saw it.

What the hey, Hip? 

She posted that?  The one who thought that Easter was the first Sunday of every April?  Here's your grain of salt, don't think anything of her.  Oh, and she does tend to reply on threads that are long dead, usually with a novel. 

<3

Oh, and Kirb...got it!  5 pics minimum...I'm on it!

I've noticed that.  And it's usually something very aggressive and since the thread has been dead for so long, it's not like the person can go back and defend themselves.  Plus, she never goes back to respond.  It's like she wants to say her peace, and then shove her fingers in her ear and scream "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALA."

So, in other words, I am not to expect a response from her? Ha.

• Hip, dont retreat! RELOAD! 
  • This is simply untrue.

I've never been asked to do a picture call out, and everyone who's everyone knows that if it was a popularity contest, I would have been.

Thanks for playing!

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • imageStarAnnice:
    imageDaisyFull:

imageHip2Bsquare:

What the hey, Hip? 

She posted that?  The one who thought that Easter was the first Sunday of every April?  Here's your grain of salt, don't think anything of her.  Oh, and she does tend to reply on threads that are long dead, usually with a novel. 

<3

Oh, and Kirb...got it!  5 pics minimum...I'm on it!

Oh yeah. On that debacle that was last friday's ffcc. We were talking about saving for LO's education, and she basically said that we were "not bright" for putting money into LO's education funds before our own retirement savings. Which was a HUGE leap, to assume that we hadn't already thought of / discussed that. Only she posted 20 hours after the original.

• imagePalinTheMaverick:
    Hip, dont retreat! RELOAD! 

OMG. *dead*

• imageDaisyFull:

imagePalinTheMaverick:
    Hip, dont retreat! RELOAD! 

OMG. *dead*

Uhhhhhhh-mazing.

• imageAEQUEEN8787:
    I find the idea behind the PCO really nice and its fun. But it seem that only the "popular" bumpies are getting the call outs which is pretty crappy. But I shouldn't be surprised, the who bump is for popular kids. 

I completely agree...even if you are an AE.

• imageNastyAnnie:

This is simply untrue.

I've never been asked to do a picture call out, and everyone who's everyone knows that if it was a popularity contest, I would have been.

Thanks for playing!

This is exactly what I was thinking.
  • imageNastyAnnie:

This is simply untrue.

Thanks for playing!

• imagesleepingbeauty825:
    imageNastyAnnie:

This is simply untrue.

Thanks for playing!

Even AEs can't ignore the fact that SB isn't on this call out list. This is obviously not a popularity contest, if we're not involved somehow. Geeeeeez, AEs.

• imageNastyAnnie:
    imagesleepingbeauty825:
    imageNastyAnnie:

This is simply untrue.

Thanks for playing!

Even AEs can't ignore the fact that SB isn't on this call out list. This is obviously not a popularity contest, if we're not involved somehow. Geeeeeez, AEs.

Yeah, get with the program! Seriously though, there are plenty of popular bumpies not on that list. Not yet, anyway.
  • imageNastyAnnie:
    imagesleepingbeauty825:
    imageNastyAnnie:

This is simply untrue.

Thanks for playing!

Yeah, get with the program! Seriously though, there are plenty of popular bumpies not on that list. Not yet, anyway.
  • imageKirbus:
    imagemommy2BinMD:

imageDEElicious18:

Ok, based on that I'm thinking it's Amiserip.  That wasn't Snoopy's style.  Snoopy was low drama, aside from the one post.  

Ding Ding Ding, We have a winner....Want a cookie? 

• this thread is so weird. i dont even know what a PCO is. i am so uncool.
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"