Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

If you had a chemical pregnancy, did you wait a cycle before trying again? *Siggy warning*

I poas this weekend & it was positive (X3), but then I started bleeding (a lot) Monday. I had my hcg levels drawn and they were decreasing.

I am waiting for my doctor to call, but if this happened to you can you tell me if you were advised to wait a cycle before trying again?

Had I not POAS I might never have known. (My cycle ranges a bit, and the bleeding was well within the range of a normal length cycle for me).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
IMG_0173.11
Trying for #2 since July 2010
BFP 8/1/10, missed m/c, D&C 9/15/10.
BFP 1/8/11, chemical pregnancy.
BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.
BFP 12/29/11! Betas @ 10 dpo = 85, 14 dpo= 498, 22 dpo = 7242
Heard HB 1/24/12. 144 bpm!

Luca Rose born 9/9/12! More than worth the wait!

Re: If you had a chemical pregnancy, did you wait a cycle before trying again? *Siggy warning*

• Options
    I had a chemical pregnancy, early miscarriage, my doc advised to wait one cycle, for hormone levels to even out, and build up the lining.  Don't know if I can do it though!
  • Options
    imageAlliecs11:
    I had a chemical pregnancy, early miscarriage, my doc advised to wait one cycle, for hormone levels to even out, and build up the lining.  Don't know if I can do it though!
    Thanks... It seems to make sense to wait, although its difficult. But I wouldnt want to rush & then having something go wrong again, because then I would be regretful about not waiting. Good luck to you!
    IMG_0173.11
    Trying for #2 since July 2010
    BFP 8/1/10, missed m/c, D&C 9/15/10.
    BFP 1/8/11, chemical pregnancy.
    BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
    Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.
    BFP 12/29/11! Betas @ 10 dpo = 85, 14 dpo= 498, 22 dpo = 7242
    Heard HB 1/24/12. 144 bpm!

Luca Rose born 9/9/12! More than worth the wait!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

*comes out of lurking*

You should ask your doctor. My doctor did not ask me to wait a cycle after my C/P, but your personal physician would know best for your particular circumstances.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm sorry for your loss.

Yes, I was told to wait a cycle. Not sure if there is a difference between the length you were pregnant. I would be interested to see what your doctor says. Mine told me to wait because she wanted my lining to be in better shape for when we started trying again. 

Visit The Nest!Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 - 11/16/10 CP 12/1/10
    Our team green turned into team pink! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 17dpo - 47, 19dpo - 114 Chart
  • Options

I did not.  I  had a chem pg in Dec.  My MW said to wait a cycle (I know I know... not a good listener)  But the way I see it, if I hadn't tested, I wouldn't have even known, and I would have just thought I got my period.  So, just because I POAS, I now had to wait a cycle, it made no sense.  I had had a u/s and was told, I never was actually pg, so my body had nothing to readjust to.  Anyway, it was a moot point because we didn't get a BFP this month. 

And, as a side note, when I talked to my mom about it and how upset I was about having to wait, she told me about how her friend from college had that happen, they didn't wait and they got pg with who is their second son and her pregnancy was fine and he's healthy and happy! :o

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  I had a MC at 5 weeks last summer, and we tried again right away, which my OB said was fine, but didn't get pregnant that month.  I guess my body knew better.  We were told that if we wanted to optimize our chances that first month after to use OPKs, if that helps.  Good luck!!!
  • Options
    I hate my doctor and am in the process of changing doctors, but since she never called me back after I let them know my pg'cy was a chemical one last month, she never told me to wait a cycle, so I didn't.  I'm 4dpo and hoping for a good outcome :)  We'll see - if it is not meant to be, my body will hopefully know better.  
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options

My first m/c was very early (4w4d), and my dr. at the time said to wait at least one cycle.  We didn't b/c we thought the chances of getting pg again right away were so slim that it didn't really matter. I don't think I would have been emotionally ready again, though, because I was a wreck.  

Ask your OB, though, if you are unsure. 

My IVF miracle after 3 losses and 4 years.
    imageimage

• Options
    My doc told me there was no medically necessary reason to wait. The only reason for possibly waiting would be to have a better idea of how far along when you get the positive. But they can figure that after you get your ultrasound and they measure... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"