Babies: 9 - 12 Months

NBR.. opinions

long story short...

My guy and I were supposed to get married back in Dec. of 2008. but it fail through due to my dad passing and also my maid of honor broke her leg. I still have my wedding gown (thank god it didnt turn yellow). pretty much our plans are backwards. we have a baby. we're looking to buy our house before April, and then have our wedding/reception in our back yard...(if all goes swell) NOW...

since things seem to be going swell, we figured, possibly a summer wedding.  however, the dress i have has a "red" sash.. and the theme is red black and white (our favorite colors)

my question is, does this color scheme seem right for the summer?  i mean, i feel i have no choice, i already have the dress.. but i feel like the colors should be lighter; cooler....

P.S. the "red" is actually "apple" from that Davids Bridal store... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR.. opinions

• Red wouldn't have been my first choice for a summer wedding but could you maybe order a replacement sash?  Is it sewn onto the dress?  I'm sure a seamstress could detach the original one and then sew the new one on. 
  • No one on the planet overthinks things more than a woman in wedding planning mode. If you want a red, black, and white wedding in the summer, then go for it. I promise you, no one will think twice about the coordination of seasons & color schemes.

• Loading the player...
  • I like red and think it's great for the summer - but can you ditch the black? Pick another color that's a little lighter - gray?

But otherwise, I think the colors will work.

Sorry you had to delay the wedding - but congrats!!

• Pick some bright, summery flowers, and people will think you did it on purpose.
  • I was just at a wedding this past summer where the colors were red, black, and white. It was lovely and no one over thought the color scheme or commented on it not being summery. I think if you already have the dress, go for it! Good luck with planning! Smile
  • LOL. its very true. i am over thinking this color scheme. but it just doesnt seem summer-ish to me..

YOU are so smart. i COULD change the sash color.. (pp) it is removable. but then i think about what color.. im not a yellow or lavender or pink type of chick.. lol

the black. i think we only say black due to the color o the tux's and on the invites there is some black. but lets just say its mainly red...

sorry i didnt reply in "quotes" 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you want to change the colors, change them. But, if you really do want red, black, and white, it is totally doable.

Check these weddings out:

https://www.stylemepretty.com/gallery/gallery/691/2

https://www.stylemepretty.com/gallery/gallery/stella-alesi-photography+1786/3

• Color does not have to match the season
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"