February 2011 Moms
Options

Sudden Change

So this being my third pregnancy... hubby and I are both over the newness of it being the first. He has never really been hands on with any of my pregnancies... he asks about how I am doing and babys me pretty good but he isn't overly touchy with my belly.... One looking from the outside may think that he didn't care very much but I know he does, just doesn't show it as much as other men.

So the last two days, I have gotten multiple phone calls from him while he is at work. Over the weekend, while we were in the store we HAD to get a few more things that would be useful. He just seems like his excitement and nerves are kicking in just a little bit.

I just got off the phone with him and he called to check on me. He is worried that my water will break while he is gone and that I will go into labor when he isn't here to help me get the kids ready to go. So he was asking me about how I feel today and he says "so no baby today?"  (we don't want an early baby but I have a history of going at 34 weeks) and when I told him "no" he seemed bummed. We don't want him to come early but I was just really happy to see some sort of reaction out of him, FINALLY! I asked him if he was gettting excited and he admitted he was.

Anyone esle have a hubby that doesn't show emotion very well over this kind of stuff?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sudden Change

• Options
    That's actually really cute!  This is our first, so I guess I don't have anything to compare it to, but my husband has never been big on showing emotion, either.  He doesn't really seem interested in hearing about the baby's progress each week or wanting to put his hands on my belly to feel him moving.  He will occasionally talk to the baby, but it's usually only something short, like "hi baby" and he'll say it in a weird voice.  I hope he gets more involved towards the end, but we'll see.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Check out my blog ThreeHundredPages.com Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

imagekiley&matt:
    That's actually really cute!  This is our first, so I guess I don't have anything to compare it to, but my husband has never been big on showing emotion, either.  He doesn't really seem interested in hearing about the baby's progress each week or wanting to put his hands on my belly to feel him moving.  He will occasionally talk to the baby, but it's usually only something short, like "hi baby" and he'll say it in a weird voice.  I hope he gets more involved towards the end, but we'll see.

This, except hasnt really talked to the baby at all.  This past weekend he put up the curtains and put the letters on the wall in the nursery, if that was him showing he's excited--ill take it :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

LOL Kiley! My DH will grab my belly and talk to it in a weird voice too!

I hear you Pom, with our first there was excitement because it's all new. With the second there was excitement because our first was a boy and we were expecting a girl. This time, no matter the gender, he just wasn't as into it. I kind of understand, I mean I think every pregnancy is wonderful and the miracle of growing a human being inside you is never a small thing. But it's just not real to him yet, not until he sees that little face when it's been cleaned off. 

He has been getting more excited though. We just wait this baby would wait a little longer!

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Options

I am glad (sort of) that my hubby isn't the only one that isn't overly showing excitement...

It is also good that he is stepping up a bit because (don't flame me for this) but this this baby was truely an accident. We were not trying and we didn't want anymore kids. He freaked when I told him that I mght be pregnant but had a better reaction when it was confirmed. We have two, one boy and one girl. We thought we were complete.

Yes, we know what makes babies and I was off BC for one month, waiting for his insurance to kick in to go to the doc and get my pills refilled. It took me almost a year to get pregnant with the two kids... we thought it would be fine for one month.

Anyway... I guess that is the other reason that I am glad he is showing excitement. Because we weren't over the moon at first. We talked the other day and I asked him if he could imagine NOT having this baby now and he said no. And he is right, we may not have been trying or over joyed about it at the time but now we are happy and can't wait for him to come. So with that said, I am glad that he has come around and showing a little more emotion and excitement!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"