April 2011 Moms

aw: Finished neutral crib bedding

I'm not a big poster, but wanted to share my crib bedding with you since I have been looking at a lot of yours when you post them :) I'm a novice at sewing, so this was a big project, I think it came out pretty good! I couldn't find any neutral crib sets that I liked, so I decided to make my own. If you're in the market, IKEA has beautiful fabric! Sorry the pics are so big - I'm still learning how to post correctly. Getting excited to continue the fun of the nursery decor - can't wait to see more of yours! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: aw: Finished neutral crib bedding

• Nice job! I am impressed. :)
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• It's beautiful! I love the color scheme - you did a great job.
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• Loading the player...
  • imageSarahL77:
    Nice job! I am impressed. :)

me too! good job! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, that's very impressive!  The fabrics are beautiful. How long did it take you to do all of this?
  • Wow way to go!!!  I can not sew to save my life so my MIL is making ours...i cant wait to share it with all of you!!!
  • Gorgeous, you did a great job! 
  • You did a great job!  I like a lot of the ikea fabrics.
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • I love IKEA!

Your bedding set came out beautiful! You did awesome!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Beautiful!  I love your fabric choices - great job!
  • impressive!  However, that bumper is kinda a no-no with newborns.  Just an fyi.
  • Super cute!  I love the fabric combo.
  • Thank you everyone! I am going to tackle a matching changing pad cover next if I can find a simple pattern.

@mrs.monica - I spent about a day on the crib skirt and about 3 days on the bumper. I had never sewn a zipper before and this had a 150" zipper - eek! It was a learning experience. But if I can do it, anyone can! The pillows took about 10 mins each. Once I realized how easy they were I wanted to make them for the whole house!

karbarr - I know, its sad too because they look so nice. At least I can enjoy it for now and take them out when and if safety becomes an issue. Baby will be in a bassinet in our room for the first few months anyway. :)

• oops - swap those names karbarr/mrs.monica :P
  • Wow!  The bedding looks fabulous!  I love the colors / design of the fabric.
  • Looks great!

What part of NH are you in?  I don't see many fellow NH people on here! 

BFP #1 8/14/10, DS born 4/30/11 
    BFP #2 9/30/12, M/C 10/23/12 
    BFP #3 12/16/12, CP 12/20/12 
    BFP #4 1/20/13, DD born 10/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Gorgeous!  I love it.  I am attempting a crib skirt this weekend.  I really want the skirt to be floor length so I can hide things underneath.  I'm in NH too, Concord area and thinking we CAN'T have weather like this in April.
  • It looks fantastic!  You did an awesome job.  :)
    When it's all said and done, what matters most is your relationships with other people; without good friends and family, what's the point?
    My Cooking Blog
    My Baby Blog
  • imageAngelaRay:
    Gorgeous!  I love it.  I am attempting a crib skirt this weekend.  I really want the skirt to be floor length so I can hide things underneath.  I'm in NH too, Concord area and thinking we CAN'T have weather like this in April.

Yeah, I figure we should be safe by April.  I didn't want to have to worry about going into labor during a storm like today, but if last year is any indication (the first I've lived this far south), April weather should be ideal!

BFP #1 8/14/10, DS born 4/30/11 
    BFP #2 9/30/12, M/C 10/23/12 
    BFP #3 12/16/12, CP 12/20/12 
    BFP #4 1/20/13, DD born 10/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was thinking the same thing - snow better be gone bu April! I'm in the Milford/Amherst area, we got about 2 feet of the white stuff yesterday!
  • LOVE it!!!! Impressive.

I also love the elephant laundry basket!

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Daisypath Anniversary tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"