March 2011 Moms
Options

I don't need you to tell me how big I am...thanks...

I work with junior high kids so I see a lot of parents every day. They love to get really personal and ask me all sorts of questions about my pregnancy (when they normally don't even talk to me).

I have had several moms ask me when I was due- I tell them- then they go:

"OH, WOW! YOU'RE HUGE!!" or

"You still have a long way to go!" (No I don't it's 7 weeks...)

Thanks, I am pretty aware of my size and my own body. I want to tell them to stuff it!

Re: I don't need you to tell me how big I am...thanks...

• Options
    People have no filters. I don't mind these comments from people that don't have kids because they might not understand how rude and annoying it is, but other moms have no excuse.  Don't they remember how it felt to hear these comments every.single.day!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My superintendent told me the other day "If you're not due soon, you should be!"

Thanks.  You're awesome.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicInternational Nestie!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh I feel your pain! People have NO CLUE how to talk to pregnant women.

I was walking out of the office the other day and this girl who I barely ever speak to blurts out "WOW YOU'RE HUGE!". She makes me want to claw my eyeballs out because she never speaks to me unless its to make a comment like this.

I chalk it up to just lack of experience and knowledge.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am starting to get real snarky with these people...esp MEN!  Excuse me sir but have YOU ever been knocked up!?  So you have no CLUE how big is too big...I feel like saying...wow your penis is looking really small today sir.  But somehow I justb give a fake laugh and try to ignore it.  I always think of the snarky comments later...I have some in mind...
    image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    OMG i just did a blog about this. a coworker came over to rub on my stomach. fine. then she goes "i needed a bit of good luck, i got a busy day ahead of me".  how am i a Buddah?! seriously people should only say "congrats" and "you're wonderful" to a pregnant woman.
    Bre Wrties
  • Options

imagebre87:
    OMG i just did a blog about this. a coworker came over to rub on my stomach. fine. then she goes "i needed a bit of good luck, i got a busy day ahead of me".  how am i a Buddah?! seriously people should only say "congrats" and "you're wonderful" to a pregnant woman.

Ahh what did you say to her when she made that luck comment? I think I would have lost it Indifferent

• Options

I know what you mean. I find it a little interesting that while it seems most people think I am huge and should be due any day now, there are a few who think I am tiny (my MIL being one of teh people who think I am tiny, I am 5'8" and have a long torso, her and her daughter are way way shorter than me and we carry babies differently.)....apparently none of these people have ever seen a pregnant woman before and are just judging our sizes based on nothing at all.

I try to let it blow over but I do get very irritated after everytime I see them and say the same thing.

• Options
    imageJJSunshine817:

imagebre87:

Ahh what did you say to her when she made that luck comment? I think I would have lost it Indifferent

i couldn't even think of anything to say. i just sorta looked at her. and then made up my mind to send her bad vibes the rest of the day.

Bre Wrties
  • Options
    I hear ya. I went to a friend's kiddo's 2nd birthday party and her MIL asked me if I had gestational diabetes because my belly was huge and I still had 8 weeks until my due date. By now, I'm just used to it since it's almost an every day comment nowadays!
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Options

imageckandi007:
    I hear ya. I went to a friend's kiddo's 2nd birthday party and her MIL asked me if I had gestational diabetes because my belly was huge and I still had 8 weeks until my due date.

Indifferent  Wow... people are SO ignorant.

• Options

Wow...yeup I totally can relate with the comments.  My BF saw me over XMas break (first time she has seen me since I was around 4 months or so because we live 6 states away) and her first comment was, "Wow, your the size of a house!" Granted she has never been pregnant or seen too many pregnant ladies but I was still really offended.  She then went on to say you are going to have a big baby and hes real healthy.(i know trying to be nice but it didnt come off that way if you know what i mean)  I got real pissed off--why do these people think that its okay to say stuff like that when pregnant...like its okay to call someone huge when pregnant....um no actually it hurts just as bad as before, sorry!

I told her that I was offended and she has no clue what its like to hear comments all the time while pregnant.  She then got snippy back and said it was my hormones....so I havent spoken to her since.  The only thing to say to someone thats pregnant should be you look beautiful (or if you do not have something nice to say dont say anything!)...I have no patience for people lol....if you are carrying an extra 4 plus pounds of just baby around your waist it is going to show....!!!

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageckandi007:
    I hear ya. I went to a friend's kiddo's 2nd birthday party and her MIL asked me if I had gestational diabetes because my belly was huge and I still had 8 weeks until my due date. By now, I'm just used to it since it's almost an every day comment nowadays!

That's horrible!! What and idiotic remark. I think I would have started bawling right then!

• Options

imageBunintheOven311:
    I am starting to get real snarky with these people...esp MEN!  Excuse me sir but have YOU ever been knocked up!?  So you have no CLUE how big is too big...I feel like saying...wow your penis is looking really small today sir.  But somehow I justb give a fake laugh and try to ignore it.  I always think of the snarky comments later...I have some in mind...

I know! I just had a man come in and say "When are you due?" I said, "Not until March" He says, "Are ya over it, yeah, you can tell" Like, thanks a heap dude, not only am I uncomfortable as hell, but you've just assured me of how miserable I must look at all times!! Uggg....

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options

imageBunintheOven311:

I know! I just had a man come in and say "When are you due?" I said, "Not until March" He says, "Are ya over it, yeah, you can tell" Like, thanks a heap dude, not only am I uncomfortable as hell, but you've just assured me of how miserable I must look at all times!! Uggg....

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options

imageBunintheOven311:

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options

I teach in a high school and I too have had LOTS of comments about how big I am.  One person INSISTED I was having twins, and this chick has had 4 kids so she should definitly know better.  When my students say it I just tell them..."Well since you're giving out compliments how does my butt look?" Most of them have caught on now. But I still have the really special ones that insist on telling me everyday how HUGE I am. 

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"