February 2011 Moms

The "Looks" People give you when you're 8 months+

Don't you just love those at this stage?  The looks at the gym are probably the most uncomfortable. You know, all these new "resolution gym-rats" show up in January that aren't really used to seeing me at the gym. I get so many "OMG!" looks it makes me nervous to be stared at. I just want to wear a shirt that says..

Yes.... I am Pregnant...

Yes.....I am Huge....

Yes.....My Doctor said it is okay for me to be on this treadmill and in this class

No.....I am not harming my baby.

I have had more people ask me if its "OKAY" that I'm at the gym... one lady in my class the other day goes "And.. the doctor said you can do that?".....I wanted to say "Actually, yes, but the smoking and shooting tequila he said had to go at this stage".

Re: The "Looks" People give you when you're 8 months+

• I went to a football game and EMS was like following me around.
  • I haven't noticed any "bad" looks from people. I usually just get people staring at me and smiling. I feel like all the women are looking at me and remembering when they were pregnant or wishing they were so they smile as they walk by. Men look too but I think it's just out of curiosity as it's an unfamiliar thing for them especially if they've never been around a pregnant lady.

But then again, I'm not at the gym working out like you so I don't get weird looks. And I've refused to go to the store by myself to get DH beer.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejesiraeburn:
    I went to a football game and EMS was like following me around.

LOL!!

Yeah, I don't just waddle anymore, I swing like a pendulum. And I can't walk very fast. So when people see me coming down the aisle at the commissary, they clear the heck out as if I'm about to flatten somebody. (Which I would totally do if I needed something and they ignored me.) People at church move out of my way too if they see me coming. 

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • I'm a grad student so I work out at the university's gym.  It's teaming with undergrads and you should see their reactions.  It's pretty funny.  One guy couldn't help himself, he actually said "whoa!" out loud.  It's annoying, but I think it's just curiosity.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I had two ladies at my OB office flag me down as I was walking out just to ask me how far along I was. When I told her 33wks her mouth fell open and asked how I could be wearing heels still. I just shrugged. They are the most comfortable pair of high heels in the universe and I have been wearing them since the beginning so it is no biggie to me.

This made me wonder how many more people thought I was crazy... oh well :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAllysunC:

I had two ladies at my OB office flag me down as I was walking out just to ask me how far along I was. When I told her 33wks her mouth fell open and asked how I could be wearing heels still. I just shrugged. They are the most comfortable pair of high heels in the universe and I have been wearing them since the beginning so it is no biggie to me.

This made me wonder how many more people thought I was crazy... oh well :)

HEELS!! I'd kill to be comfortable in anything other than my fat-flops or my Ugg knockoffs!!

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • imageSBieste:

I have had more people ask me if its "OKAY" that I'm at the gym... one lady in my class the other day goes "And.. the doctor said you can do that?".....I wanted to say "Actually, yes, but the smoking and shooting tequila he said had to go at this stage".

Why DIDN'T you say that? That would have been awesome! Just dead pan it all the way.

I agree, I am getting sick of the looks -- and there are two of them. Either the blatant, I'm-just-going-to-have-a-conversation-with-your-tummy-instead-of-you look, or the equally uncomfortable I'm-going-to-stare-wide-eyed-directly-at-you-as-if-I-DIDN'T-EVEN-NOTICE-the-massiveness-of-your-belly look. Just look down at it and back up at me and be done with it, people! Have they never seen a pregnant woman before? :)

Love one another, but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. - Kahlil Gibran

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Fruit Ticker

imageimageimage
  • We went to a hockey game this past weekend for DH's birthday, and I was asked by 3 different people (in all their own different ways) if I "should really be leaving the house at this stage, just in case" (that was my favorite)

Seriously? No im just going to curl up in the fetal position at home for the next 6 weeks...JUST in case.

• I ran into the grocery to grab a few things and one of the workers I pass says "Why don't you have a cart?!? You're going to hurt the baby carrying those things!"

Um, Dude, thanks for the concern but I have a box of cereal and some yogurt containers, I think he will be ok!

Although, a couple of times people have let me go in front of them on line in the stores, so that's kind of nice :) 

• I teach middle school and I love the kids from last year give me like, OMG! 

I had someone ask me about 4 weeks ago if it was any day now- I was like, No, 2 more months!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I went to lunch with DH last week and as I got up to go to the bathroom, which was at the other side of the restaurant, I noticed that every table stared at me as I passed. My belly is big, but I don't look THAT ridiculous!

• I noticed that people have been a lot nicer to me lately.  Like this one guy at the grocery store the other day wouldn't let me lift a case of water bottles and insisted on doing it for me.  He also asked if I needed help loading the groceries into my car, but I declined.  Other than that, I haven't really had any weird looks, just a lot more smiles.  I did have one cashier give me the stink eye when I went to purchase a bottle of wine over Christmas that we planned to give as a gift.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Check out my blog ThreeHundredPages.com Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"