Toddlers: 24 Months+

How long did it take to conceive #2?

Just wondering. Our 1st pregnancy that ended in m/c took 3 cycles, 2nd pregnancy was our daughter and took 2 cycles. And now we're on cycle 4 trying for #2. It sucks! Just wondering if anyone else out there took longer for #2. Seems like #2 always happens quicker which scares me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How long did it take to conceive #2?

• I debated about whether or not to respond to this post b/c we conceived first try with both and I didn't want to come across as bragging.  I'm not sure if there's any rhyme or reason to fertility when it comes to trying for subsequent children.  I've heard of it taking shorter, longer, same. 

I think there a lot of myths out there - try not to pay too much attention!  Just the other day, someone in my office said they heard it takes much longer to conceive if you've been on bc for a long time.  Not true.  Right after I got pg with #1, I had just gone off bc and a friend told me I had a higher chance of m/c b/c of the timing.  Not true.

Good luck TTC and enjoy the extra sexy time! Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • #2 took longer. #1 took three months, no charting. We have been ttc #2 since May.  Charting since Aug.. bfp in Aug. which ended in a m/c... and now I'm 6 weeks. 

GL! It just takes time.....  

• Loading the player...
  • #2 took 3 cycles. #1 took 8 cycles.  I bought the CBEFM during our TTC#1...probably at around 5 months (used it for the last 2 cycles), then got BFP.  Used it from the get go with TTC#2 (used my old sticks, too), which is likely why it took less time.   I also knew very little about TTC when we started trying for DD.  I guess I'm no help!
  • I got pregnant with DS on cycle #1, right after coming off of BCPs. This time I'm at 1 year with no BFP, charting since July. So it's definitely taking longer the second time for me.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • With my first it took us 2 cycles. This one it took 1 cycle.  I wouldn't freak yourself out.  You are trying for number 4 ...you can obviously get pregnant! It could be lack of sleep or other stress with having 3 kids.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Well, obviously, everyone is different. 

However, it is a myth that #2 happens quicker.  Yes this did happen to a friend of mine but for another friend, she had at least a year including a mc and etopic pregnancy and an ovary removed.  I am trying for #2 and I am on cycle 6 while DS took 1-2 cycles (I wasn't paying attention).

• imageNeukim:
    With my first it took us 2 cycles. This one it took 1 cycle.  I wouldn't freak yourself out.  You are trying for number 4 ...you can obviously get pregnant! It could be lack of sleep or other stress with having 3 kids.

I think you miss read the post. I believe this is her 4th cycle trying for her second child.

It took us 2 months for the first and 6 months for the second with excellent timing some of those months.

• 3 months longer than DS1

DS1 took 8 months ttc

DS2 took 11 months ttc, I was on clomid for 3 cycles, then went off.  conceived naturally and by complete shock and surprise. 

• I got pg with #2 our first cycle TTC (and I had been on BCPs for 7 1/2 years prior to conceiving #2).  It took 2 months to conceive #3.  I got pg for the 4th time my first month TTC, but m/c'd at 9wks.  It took me 5 months of TTC to get pg with our 4th child.  I think my body was out of whack.

GL!  There are SO many things that can affect fertility.  My doc told me, when we were TTC after my m/c, that he would not even begin to become concerned until we had been TTC for 10 mos or so.

SAHM to 2 boys (3 & 16 yrs) & 2 girls (5 & 8 yrs)

Our Angel Boy- m/c in 2007 @ 9wks due to Trisomy 17
  • I got pregnant on the first try for both.  I didn't chart, but I have a very regular/predictable cycle so I am sure that contributed to it.

• I've also heard #2 takes longer, shorter, the same... For us, DD1 took 11 cycles of actively trying, OPKs, etc; DD2 was one unprotected night of not even actively trying. I have a friend who was the exact opposite though-- DS1 was a surprise, and DS2 was a one-year+, active effort.

GL!

• We got pregnant with DD on our very first try! My cycles are crazy all over the place, so we got lucky!  However, we've been trying since August (2010)  for #2. We're charting right now. Good Luck!
  • It took 4 cycles both times. 
  • Number 1 took us 8 cycles 4 of which were medicated because I have PCOS and do not ovulate at all on my own.

Number 2 took us 3 cycles all medicated but ended in m/c. We are now about to start cycle 3 of trying after m/c but we had some issues with DH being gone and Dr office not open. So not quite at what we were with first but as said about to be 6th cycle of medicated so yes longer in that sense and we are still waiting for number 2.

• imageSpin313:
    I got pregnant on the first try for both.  I didn't chart, but I have a very regular/predictable cycle so I am sure that contributed to it.

Same here.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were "not trying/not avoiding" with DS for 6 months before he was conceived.

This time around I was actively charting and using OPK's for 2 months and no BFP. I decided to take the next month off charting because it was stressing me out. That's the month we conceived this baby. So, 3 months total for #2. 

Good luck!

• 3 months for #1, 6 months for #2.  So longer on #2 for us.
  • 2 cycles with DS and one cycle with #2 but we lost #2
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"