2nd Trimester

Back Pain! :/

okay im 14 weeks this week & its my first!  (:

but my back pain seems to come on more! its hurts right above my right buttcheek so to say, & just a little bit ago it was like weak! & felt as if ialmost collapsed! or fell down..  any suggestions on what i could do to help?

Re: Back Pain! :/

• Sounds like your sciatic nerve.  Mine has really bothered me this pregnancy and I went for a prenatal massage on Thursday - the guy really worked my lower back/tailbone area, butt and hamstring area and I feel so much better - no pain at all. 
  • sciatica probably mine has been hurting too..but if its so bad that you almost fainted i would talk to your doctor about it

• Loading the player...
  • I'm at 18 weeks and I've had the same kind of back pain since I was 10 weeks pregnant. I would use a heating pad 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off. Also, since you're only at 14 weeks, try taking a WARM bath. Don't take a hot one just yet. You're still pretty early on in the pregnancy. I've also had my husand rub my back after I use a heating pad and then after 15 minutes, I'd put it back on.

You can also take Tylenol!

Good luck, sweetie! I hope you find something to help.

• that is most definitely sciatica

I just came from a chiro appt. today....see my post a few below this one.

I've had prior prenatal massages but this time my pain was not alleviated.  Also, I know people are suggesting heat, but the chiro told me to ice it.  15 minutes on , 45 minutes off.

If heat doesn't seem to be working, try the ice. 

• ah, in the meantime, when you sleep, sleep on the opposite side of your pain and put a pillow in between your legs.
  • I'm right there with you! The only thing that seems to consistently help me is being off my feet and not lifting or bending over at all. I've been off work since Saturday morning and it's gotten progressively better since then. I'm dreading work tomorrow because I know it's just going to get bad again =/ I hope you find something that helps you! 
  • I have had the same pain. My OB has been giving me acupuncture once a week and it has helped, but hasn't gone away completely. I can at least function throughout the week. I also almost feel a few times because of the pain and that hasn't happened since I started acupuncture. Hope it gets better
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"