3rd Trimester

complication found - can't stop worrying

(I posted this on the high risk board too, not sure where it belongs)

I found out last week that my baby has Pulmonary Valve Stenosis - a problem with one of the valves in the heart.  From what I understand, it's completely treatable and fairly easy to resolve with a minor procedure after birth, but it has really thrown me through a loop.  I am teary all the time and so sad and scared - it's hard to concentrate on anything.  I think more than anything, since this came out of no where, I'm afriad of other things that could go wrong.  I don't know how to snap out of this horrible feeling I've been having. 

I am also a Type 1 diabetic, and I have been EXTREMEMLY careful my entire pregnancy through a lot of hard work, so it just feels so unfair that now something else is creeping up, totally unrelated.  How do I get over this horrible low feeling?

Re: complication found - can't stop worrying

• I am so sorry.  I am really glad your LO's problem is treatable.

What you are feeling is totally normal.  It sounds like you are having a problem with some situational anxiety.  I think you should make an appointment with your Dr just to let them know how you feel.  He may be able to find you someone to talk to or have another solution for you to help ease your fears.  Definitely don't deal with this anxiety on your own though. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wish I could tell you something that would make everything better, but unfortunatly, I have never been through this before so I dont know what to say.

I am very sorry and I hope everything works out perfectly. I'm very sure the doctors are capable of taking care of this issue, if they have reassured you that its a very standard easy procedure.  I understand its still scary tho.  GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't believe humans are meant to snap out of feeling what they feel. Feel your emotions. Face them. Don't deny or dwell, though. That's when the trouble begins.

I'm sorry, I don't have any words of wisdom to offer, just a "hang in there" and I hope all goes well. Positivity goes a long way. Love that bump up!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • A friend's baby had this and I'm happy to say that after his surgery, he thrived and is the biggest, happiest baby I know! They didn't find out until after his birth, and they were very worried, too, but like you've been told, it is treatable and I can at least recount his story as having a great outcome : )

I know it doesn't help in the meantime and you'll be very worried till the baby gets here and the surgery's complete, which is completely normal and understandable, but I hope everything else goes well and you are able to stay as calm as possible given the circumstances. Best wishes!

• Hi there -- we just saw a perinatologist today, actually, and they found our baby had PAC, but none of the doctors could get a look at her valve, so I have been worried about this too.  Even with just the knowledge of PAC and the possiblity of valve issues, I have already cried three times today.  I, too, am on a very restricted diet due to food allergies and my son's food allergies, and I wonder how this could have come out of the blue.

Took some deep breaths, and had a small safe comfort snack with tea, and read something calming, and I feel a little better.  Sort of talked to our baby girl and reassured her we'd do all we could to take care of --- sounds silly, but talking to her helped calm me down, too.

Sorry you are going through this. Let us know if you have any other updates. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"